MaxPass / Digital Fastpass - Discussion Thread

Oh, and I just watched a video on MSN where they state that with the new changes at Disneyland, fast passes can be reserved in advance! I'm pretty sure they are wrong and there is no source mentioned on the video. I wish Disney would be more clear and open about the changes so misinformation doesn't keep spreading.

Under the old system, they never scanned you out of the system. They collected your FP, then trashed them. As recently as June 16th, I held a FP for Guardians for 840-940, and grabbed a new FP for Guardians at 845, prior to riding. They had no way of knowing if you had used your FP. With the new scanning system, they do. So even if the window opened for the 840, you can't pull a new one til you have used the one for 840a in a case like mine.
Yeah, I went and edited my post. I was misinterpreting eligible and return window. My apologies.

The issue with the quick FP return times is that if you gather a bunch of FPs you won't be able to complete the attractions within the allotted hour you are given.
So you need to stagger them a bit but know which FP order to get them in.
For example, Space Mountain will sell out first and usually has a longer return time. So get an attraction like Buzz, Matterhorn or Star Tours, before you get that Space Mountain FP.

The issue with the quick FP return times is that if you gather a bunch of FPs you won't be able to complete the attractions within the allotted hour you are given.
So you need to stagger them a bit but know which FP order to get them in.
For example, Space Mountain will sell out first and usually has a longer return time. So get an attraction like Buzz, Matterhorn or Star Tours, before you get that Space Mountain FP.

Yes, you definitely have to strategize. I idiotically pulled a FP for Indy at 7:30 with a 9:20 return time. I then realized I would have to do stand by for the next almost 2 hours. I ended up standby on BTMRR, which had I pulled that one first, I would have been able to come back 10 minutes later.

Yes, you definitely have to strategize. I idiotically pulled a FP for Indy at 7:30 with a 9:20 return time. I then realized I would have to do stand by for the next almost 2 hours. I ended up standby on BTMRR, which had I pulled that one first, I would have been able to come back 10 minutes later.
I hope MaxPass has the ability to dump passes.

Now that would be an interesting benefit. If you pull a FP but change your mind, you can dump it and get something else. It seems like they could add this feature before Maxpass starts if your ticket is linked to the app.

http://micechat.com/165197-miceage-disneyland-rumor-update-max-pass/
God introductory price of $10 and will test what the market can bear :scared1:

Well they have always said $10 was the introductory price. Which meant/means it is going to go UP or possibly down from there. It all depends on how many people are willing to pay for it & at what price point they maximize their revenue.

I for one do not plan to spend the money on it. I am not a big FP user and photopass does not interest me. I would rather spend my money on a nice dinner or the dessert party for WoC (or hopefully similar for Fantasmic!).

Well they have always said $10 was the introductory price. Which meant/means it is going to go UP or possibly down from there. It all depends on how many people are willing to pay for it & at what price point they maximize their revenue.

I for one do not plan to spend the money on it. I am not a big FP user and photopass does not interest me. I would rather spend my money on a nice dinner or the dessert party for WoC (or hopefully similar for Fantasmic!).

$10 sounds cheap, but $10 per person per day for a family of four or five puts it above the price point where I feel it has enough value. Perhaps $10/person or a $25/family rate would be a better price point.
I would also rather spend my money on the WOC dessert party AND hopefully Fantasmic. :)

$10 sounds cheap, but $10 per person per day for a family of four or five puts it above the price point where I feel it has enough value. Perhaps $10/person or a $25/family rate would be a better price point.
I would also rather spend my money on the WOC dessert party AND hopefully Fantasmic. :)
When comparing value, one critical thing to include is whether you typically would buy Photopass. Since photos are included in MaxPass, that offsets the cost for MP and makes the value proposition a good one for some folks just on Photopass alone aside from the FP part. A few folks in this thread have said as much.

:wizard:

When comparing value, one critical thing to include is whether you typically would buy Photopass. Since photos are included in MaxPass, that offsets the cost for MP and makes the value proposition a good one for some folks just on Photopass alone aside from the FP part. A few folks in this thread have said as much.

The thing with the PhotoPass part is if you're a family of five your are essentially paying for the photos part five times, per day. People don't realize you can connect all your PhotoPass pics to one account and pay once. A four/five day trip that will run into some serious cash. I don't know, just seems like with MaxPass you'll be wasting some part of it if you are more than two people visiting more than a couple of days.

The thing with the PhotoPass part is if you're a family of five your are essentially paying for the photos part five times, per day. People don't realize you can connect all your PhotoPass pics to one account and pay once. A four/five day trip that will run into some serious cash. I don't know, just seems like with MaxPass you'll be wasting some part of it if you are more than two people visiting more than a couple of days.
Yep, it depends on how big your group/family is.

FP+ does at WDW so I'm assuming that MP will have the same ability. I think it's nice not only because it frees you up to do something else, but it also (I assume again) adds that FP back into the system for someone else to use.

Can someone remind me... I had thought with the initial MaxPass announcement that once one enters the park for the day, he/she could obtain fast passes for the entire day, so long as they are two hours apart from one another. Now I can't remember if that was something I actually read, a rumor, or an assumption I made.

Can someone remind me... I had thought with the initial MaxPass announcement that once one enters the park for the day, he/she could obtain fast passes for the entire day, so long as they are two hours apart from one another. Now I can't remember if that was something I actually read, a rumor, or an assumption I made.
No. MaxPass will just be a digital version of what exists now. You can get another one when the window for the first opens or 2 hours after pulling it.

I don't think this is quite how the system will work. I think MP users will only be able to check out FPs for the timeslots currently being handed out at any given attraction.

I don't think this is quite how the system will work. I think MP users will only be able to check out FPs for the timeslots currently being handed out at any given attraction.
That's my assumption as well, although I have not seen anything specific on it.

That's what I was starting to think as well. Does make me wonder how it would work if someone "releases" a pass for a time period in which the fastpasses have already been given out, e.g., It is 1:00, someone releases a RSR fastpass for 2:00 when the machines are currently having 8:00 return times. Would that 2:00 return time only be available in the app and the user would be given a choice of which time they would like? I guess we'll find out soon enough.

That's what I was starting to think as well. Does make me wonder how it would work if someone "releases" a pass for a time period in which the fastpasses have already been given out, e.g., It is 1:00, someone releases a RSR fastpass for 2:00 when the machines are currently having 8:00 return times. Would that 2:00 return time only be available in the app and the user would be given a choice which of which time they would like? I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Just guessing, but probably nothing happens. IF the ability to cancel fastpasses gets added, I assume it will only benefit the person who chooses to cancel the fastpass by immediately giving them the ability to choose a new fastpass. It's not like there won't be some fastpasses that don't get used whether or not someone chooses to officially discard or cancel them, and there will still be people in both the standby and fastpass lines for the rides, so there is certainly no reason for Disney to backfill cancelled fastpass slots. Just my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter