Matt's Fall, 2019 adventure with Club 33 and 21 Royal

We made our way up those wonderful stairs, took a few moments to take in the court as it's one of my favorite places in the whole park. It was truly amazing to be back in this hallowed place. Oh how I missed the court.

We went into the Le Salon Noveau and went up to meet our party. We were in the corner which allows a view of Fantasmic from inside if you open the window. So good to be home. The lounge was looking as remarkable as ever. This may be one of my favorite interiors of anywhere.

In typical Disney fashion, the bar has secrets... the instruments above come to life and play on occasion.

DSC_3264%20(Large).jpg

So much amazing detail to the bar back.

DSC_3312%20(Large).jpg

Ah... the rare liquor cabinet. If I had stayed an extra day, I would have had a chance to revisit and experience some of these with the rest of the group who came back the next day. The price tag on a taste of these is pretty earth shattering.

DSC_3270%20(Large).jpg

Amy and I decided to each try one of the Trophy Room Cocktails. This was composed of Bourbon, Cognac, Marashino, Cynar, and Bitters. Delicious.

DSC_3276%20(Large).jpg

We put our orders in for a light snack. We elected to get the Chilled Poached Shrimp and Baby Artichokes which had Meyer Lemon, Dill and Parsley Vinaigrette and the Heirloom Tomato Salad which had Basil Pesto and a Balsamic Crouton. Both hit the spot!!! I finished my Trophy Room and switched to an Club-signature Old Fashioned.

We chatted about how everybody's day was going and made introductions to my old and new friends. Our Host was eager to show everybody around, so I snapped some pics of some of my favorite parts of the lounge.

Keeping with the Jazz club theme, this lamp was AMAZING!

DSC_3299%20(Large).jpg

I LOVE the stained glass. The set of earrings I got Amy several years back mimics them.

DSC_3321%20(Large).jpg

DSC_0532%20(Large).jpg

We enjoyed our lunch and drinks, but not before I asked the waitress if I could get the recipe for the Le Ramond Fizz. My two daughters who have been to the club GUZZLE these drinks like they are going out of style. I will be making these at home for them.

As we were eating, I noticed my first celebrities sitting in the booth across the lounge. It was Holly Madison, and Bridget Marquardt of "The Girls Next Door" fame. They also had another gal with them but it wasn't Kendra. Holly is a CRAZY Disney fan and has themed each of her homes to Disney. She attends all the events and just the day before, I had seen Bob Gurr posing with them on my Social Media feed at a HM 50th gala.

We had a long walk back to our hotel to change and it was 3:15 and we were supposed to be back to the Grand at 4:30 to meet the group for Dinner, so it was time to say our adieu.

IMG_6875%20(Large).jpg

Loaded up with goodies, it was time to do the saddest part of any C33 experience... the walk out. Every time we leave it's surreal, not knowing if we'll ever cross that hallowed threshold again. Always interesting walking through the park with those bags. People start snapping photos and asking how to get in. I wish I had answers for them... still not sure how I manage to go every time. So grateful for all the opportunities I've been afforded to experience my favorite place in my favorite land at the resort.

DSC_3355%20(Large).jpg

Last edited:
Love the update! We've had the privilege of visiting the club and the salon and WOW your pictures capture the essence of it's uniqueness and beauty. I hope to experience 21 Royal some day, but once you add the exchange in to the cost (we are Canadian) it becomes a number hard to swallow.
Can't wait for more!

Wow ! Love all the pictures and details of your visit. Thank you for sharing.
Following along......

Yup, my favorite case. See the black bottle top right? Mine. Yep, we (some friends and family) finished the bottle one night just before my birthday.... Just so I could have the bottle....

67284605_10162165852330602_2719286117428887552_o.jpg

We put our orders in for a light snack. We elected to get the Chilled Poached Shrimp and Baby Artichokes which had Meyer Lemon, Dill and Parsley Vinaigrette and the Heirloom Tomato Salad which had Basil Pesto and a Balsamic Crouton. Both hit the spot!!! I finished my Trophy Room and switched to an Club-signature Old Fashioned.
The poached shrimp and artichokes, they were so good! Was hoping they'd keep them on the menu... But it wasn't to be....

Yup, my favorite case. See the black bottle top right? Mine. Yep, we (some friends and family) finished the bottle one night just before my birthday.... Just so I could have the bottle....

67284605_10162165852330602_2719286117428887552_o.jpg

The poached shrimp and artichokes, they were so good! Was hoping they'd keep them on the menu... But it wasn't to be....

I remember you telling me about that. I was so bummed I couldn't stay the next day and get a treat of some of this delicousness. That is a REAL friend to make sure there were enough pours of that to empty it. That bottle would have a place of honor in my house to remember such an occasion.

Apologies if I missed this...but was Le Salon Noveau part of the 21 Royal experience? Or someone you know got you into Le Salon Noveau? In any case, HOW AWESOME! Also, I just saw that John Stamos and his wife posted they were at 21 Royal on Intagram....=)

Apologies if I missed this...but was Le Salon Noveau part of the 21 Royal experience? Or someone you know got you into Le Salon Noveau? In any case, HOW AWESOME! Also, I just saw that John Stamos and his wife posted they were at 21 Royal on Intagram....=)

No, C33 in any part is not part of the experience. I was going with a member so we met up before the experience.

No, C33 in any part is not part of the experience. I was going with a member so we met up before the experience.
That's SO awesome! I have had the amazing privilege to go to Club 33 two times, back before the remodel. I still pinch myself that I was able to go.

Le Salon Noveau looks incredible! So happy for you =)

That's SO awesome! I have had the amazing privilege to go to Club 33 two times, back before the remodel. I still pinch myself that I was able to go.

Le Salon Noveau looks incredible! So happy for you =)

It truly is. This was only my second time being blessed to venture down that hallway. The lounge is supremely astounding. I wish I could spend the entire day there just chatting it up.

Last edited:
Oh have to work again today so probably won’t be back here until tomorrow. We had a chance to join club 33 back in the late 80s or early 90s. At the time we were poor newlyweds and decided we couldn’t afford it. That was our biggest mistake. We should have taken out a loan. Now the waitlist is too long and I don’t know anyone who could get me in there. An opportunity missed for sure.
Loving your report. Can’t wait for the rest!

Oh have to work again today so probably won’t be back here until tomorrow. We had a chance to join club 33 back in the late 80s or early 90s. At the time we were poor newlyweds and decided we couldn’t afford it. That was our biggest mistake. We should have taken out a loan. Now the waitlist is too long and I don’t know anyone who could get me in there. An opportunity missed for sure.
Loving your report. Can’t wait for the rest!
Similar, but back in 2005 for us. We were on the list and easily justifying the cost back then. Then my wife got pregnant and we realized it was just a pipe dream.

...We had a chance to join club 33 back in the late 80s or early 90s. At the time we were poor newlyweds and decided we couldn’t afford it. That was our biggest mistake. We should have taken out a loan. Now the waitlist is too long and I don’t know anyone who could get me in there. An opportunity missed for sure.
There is no longer a waitlist, but rather an "interest" list. Potential members can be contacted in any order, not simply based on time on the "list".
High initiation fees and dues likely limit interest in membership...

John Stamos is making good use of his membership :goodvibes

We arrived at the hotel tired...and or room wasn't ready..

IMG_6882%20(Large).jpg

After a quick negotiation.... it was miraculously ready. And we went up..Two flights..

We changed and returned refreshed

DSC_3360%20(Large).jpg

She chose go wear stantions down low and HBG up high.

DSC_3364%20(Large).jpg

DSC_3370%20(Large).jpg

If you've never taken the Art of the Grand Tour, I recommend it. These gates are one of my favorite parts of the tour.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/m...r-at-disneys-grand-californian-hotel.3629840/
DSC_3380%20(Large).jpg

When we entered the lobby, there was a ghastly group singing. I regret I neglected to capture their name.

DSC_3389%20(Large).jpg

They were performing in front of the HM50th cake sculpture which was Ooogie!!

DSC_3397%20(Large).jpg

DSC_3399%20(Large).jpg

DSC_3401%20(Large).jpg

DSC_3407%20(Large).jpg

DSC_3433%20(Large).jpg

DSC_3435%20(Large).jpg

DSC_3437%20(Large).jpg

Look at those stats!!!

DSC_3403%20(Large).jpg

We asked a CM to take a few pics while we waited..(people can vote for the favorite pice of the next three)

DSC_3423%20(Large).jpg

DSC_3425%20(Large).jpg

DSC_3429%20(Large).jpg

After texting with our group, I learned that the meet up started at 5PM sharp, not 4:30. Oh well. Time for a Sidecar from the Hearthstone...

IMG-2091%20(Large).jpg

DSC_3438%20(Large).jpg

Last edited:
I'm really looking forward to hearing about your experience at 21 Royal. We had a fabulous time there back in 2017, and I'm still trying to piece together 12 people to go back! It's like herding cats to get 12 people together on the same night who are willing to spend that sort of cash!

After a quick negotiation.... it was miraculously ready. And we went up..Two flights..
We changed and returned refreshed
/QUOTE]

Experiences like this are why some people are committed to staying on property. There tends to just be a higher level of customer service than at the harbor hotels. IMO

I'm really looking forward to hearing about your experience at 21 Royal. We had a fabulous time there back in 2017, and I'm still trying to piece together 12 people to go back! It's like herding cats to get 12 people together on the same night who are willing to spend that sort of cash!
Pencil me in if you have a date in mind. I'll let you know up front of its a possibility or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter