Matt's Fall, 2019 adventure with Club 33 and 21 Royal

It was now 15 mins before noon and we were starving. It was still a bit before we were going to meet up at the Club, so we wandered over to the French Market and went for a bowl of their Jambalaya. The Deserts they had were amazing looking though.

The cake they had was absolutely stunning. Wanted to get a slice, but we had to pass.

DSC_2966%20(Large).jpg

These looked good too!

DSC_2969%20(Large).jpg

Unlike the gumbo over at the Cafe Orleans, the jambalaya here was a serious let down. I may be a bit of snob given the astounding gumbo/jambalaya I make at home though.

DSC_2973%20(Large).jpg

While we were eating, we passed the time by practicing our Disney Point gang signs.

IMG_6839%20(Large).jpg

IMG_6844%20(Large).jpg

DSC_2981%20(Large).jpg

After lunch, we wandered over to Pirates as there was practically no wait.

Warmed up from practicing my Disney Point, I threw a sign to the sign of where we will be in a few short hours.

IMG_6847%20(Large).jpg

DSC_2983%20(Large).jpg

Not a superstitious person, but clearly the stars were all pointing to something special coming up soon!

IMG_6852%20(Large).jpg

DSC_3016%20(Large).jpg

I would love to be able to wander around the Captain's Quarters and just look at everything and all the detail.

DSC_3039%20(Large).jpg

Aztec Gold!!!

DSC_3055%20(Large).jpg

That dog is NEVER gonna move.

DSC_3180%20(Large).jpg

The charred embers has always one of my favorite effect.

DSC_3201%20(Large).jpg

Once off, yeah, more reminders.... getting close.

IMG_6856%20(Large).jpg

DSC_3212%20(Large).jpg

Yep... more reminders... Going to be looking back shortly.

DSC_3229%20(Large).jpg

The Columbia looking as majestic as ever.

DSC_3231%20(Large).jpg

Always loved this part of the ROA... heading off into the wilderness.

DSC_3234%20(Large).jpg

This is probably the only thing I like about the ROA redo. Still wish it was back to its original length, but with this rock work and trestle.

DSC_3245%20(Large).jpg

Up next.... the fun really starts!!!

popcorn::

I'm in no way constantly refreshing for updates. Nope. Not me.

Probably gonna be a bit later.... I literally have the engine on my wife's daily driver torn apart right now waiting on a part and tool which should arrive at any moment which I'll be needing to address....

Probably gonna be a bit later.... I literally have the engine on my wife's daily driver torn apart right now waiting on a part and tool which should arrive at any moment which I'll be needing to address....

Oh no! Definitely a bigger priority! Hope it all goes back together smoothly and her daily driver is back in tip top shape.

When you have time, definitely looking forward to further updates popcorn::

Unlike the gumbo over at the Cafe Orleans, the jambalaya here was a serious let down. I may be a bit of snob given the astounding gumbo/jambalaya I make at home though.

Oooh, is this a secret, special recipe never given out, or if someone asks nicely, you will share?
Your trip reports are always well written and illustrated. :thumbsup2

I really like every bit of your report and all those great photos...popcorn::
And don’t rush anything... we are all patiently waiting... (and I have to go to bed now anyways... it’s almost 1am...)

Oh and by the way.. am I seeing ghosts or do you actually have a Mickey Mouse lens cap for your Nikon? :earseek:

I really like every bit of your report and all those great photos...popcorn::
And don’t rush anything... we are all patiently waiting... (and I have to go to bed now anyways... it’s almost 1am...)

Oh and by the way.. am I seeing ghosts or do you actually have a Mickey Mouse lens cap for your Nikon? :earseek:

It's a Disney Vacation Club Mickey on a Surfboard from Aulani. Put it on in Paradise Pier area by the Jumping Jelly Fish a LONG time ago.

I cannot deal. I need the details for the meal at Royal 21 nowwwwwww. I’m going to neglect my children refreshing this thread over the next several hours.

Not gonna be quick. I have a LOT to go through on the details of the meal. I think I fixed the wife's engine since the valves are now actuating correctly, and I just started putting it back together. I've got a lot to put back together tomorrow and crossing my fingers it'll run smoothly. This is how I started 2 hours ago:

IMG-0469%20(Large).jpg

Hope I remember where everything goes...

This is going to be a short installment... More to come tomorrow...

We walked off the Twain at 1:30 after a delightful and relaxing tour of the Rivers of America. We had places to go and people to see.

Really wish they would raise this up... I'm too tall..

DSC_3251%20(Large).jpg

Our name given, we were whisked in for some pics in the Court of Angels... Oh how I have missed thee. And to experience the 50th decorations!!!!!!

DSC_3254%20(Large).jpg

DSC_3256%20(Large).jpg

DSC_3257%20(Large).jpg

Last edited:
Not gonna be quick. I have a LOT to go through on the details of the meal. I think I fixed the wife's engine since the valves are now actuating correctly, and I just started putting it back together. I've got a lot to put back together tomorrow and crossing my fingers it'll run smoothly. This is how I started 2 hours ago:

IMG-0469%20(Large).jpg

Hope I remember where everything goes...
That looks interesting for a daily drive - what is it?

also loving the report so far and looking forward to more

I've been lurking here for a while, loving every minute and so excited to see more of Club 33 and the elusive 21 Royal.

Quick question- what kind of settings did you use for the dark rides? I shoot Nikon as well and I'm trying to get better at ride photography.

I've been lurking here for a while, loving every minute and so excited to see more of Club 33 and the elusive 21 Royal.

Quick question- what kind of settings did you use for the dark rides? I shoot Nikon as well and I'm trying to get better at ride photography.
EXIF is on all the shots (You can DL an Exif viewer for Chrome). I had the ISO set way too high on Mansion though. Too much sensor noise.

Yay! I can't wait for this whole report. I've been wondering if I missed it or if you just hadn't had time to post about it.
I thought it tasted vaguely of the milk left over from a bowl of Fruity Pebbles combined with an aftertaste of soap
Haha! I've only read bad things about the green milk. I haven't tried either kind because I don't do well on products that are full of artificial colors. That ends up cutting out a lot of the sweet stuff in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter