Matthew & Jaclyn's PJ GF Beach/LSS/UK Lower:Update - Ending my PJ due to problems

Oh cool,I have never been to Bridaltown,I always see it in South Jersey brides magazine and I always thought it looked cool.

Good Luck I hope you find something you like :)

Some Quick Updates...

I emailed Heidi some questions and also emailed her our desired dates, times, locations, Check!

I also asked Beauty Speciale after reading Mermaid_Ariel Report to put me down for my wedding. I figured if I absolutely hate her (which I'm doubting) that I will let her know a whole year in advance that I'm canceling my appt.

Site Visit Trip:

1. Randy Scheduled for Engagement pics
2. Site Visit scheduled
3. Accomadations made
4. Researched Flight and car (will purchase tomorrow)
5. Confirmed appt with Carolyn Allen's
6. Confirmed appt with Beauty Speciale

I also have been thinking about my Save-the-Date which I will be sending out as soon as I get back from Disney in September. I plan on making magnets with one of Randy's Photos. I also bought address labels on ebay for these as well. I also requested more samples from Cards N pockets. I really like them and am thinking of going this route. Is there anyone else with similar shimmer designs that you would recommend?

I also have been thinking about Welcome bags...

My list
1. Tissues packets
2. hershey kisses
3. Chocolate Lollipops
4. Shell & Starfish Soap
5. Mickey Pens
6. I just purchased single packet Shout Wipes off ebay for really cheap

I plan on purchasing...
Goldfish Crackers and candy from oriental Trading
Band Aids
Postcards

I can't think of anything small that is travel oriented, Maybe Sewing Kits? I honestly don't want to overdue it and want to make it more snacks and travel stuff then fun stuff. I was thinking bottle water but it would cost more to ship and I don't feel like running around Orlando getting water. I want a quick and easy Welcome bag, or the easiest I can even make it:rotfl:

I also requested demos from A Moment 2 remember for their Video Services. I might beet with them as well. I still haven't heard back from Kennedy Video and really like them. I plan to meet with Starfruit and STVS definitely while I'm down there!

Rev. Kevin Knox has marked my date down too. He has been awesome! But honestly I really want to meet my officiant before I book him, so I plan on meeting him as well. I still haven't heard back from Jack Day though.

Any other Officiants I should contact? I need some suggestions...

I haven't done anything else. My job as been nothing besides orientation so far, I haven't done any work at all yet.

Just wanted to also post pictures of my shoes, my pin for flowers, and my flower girl tiara and here some notes on each.

I bought my shoes to wear as a guest to my cousins wedding. I wanted shoes to match a teal dress and I feel in love with these. I only wore them once, but everyone said they looked like glass slippers and such pretty wedding shoes that I boxed them up and put them away for my wedding. They will probably be my something old because I'm having trouble finding Moms or Grandmoms old wedding stuff.... I would like to get them cleaned though somehow

P2120012.jpg

P2120013.jpg

P2120014.jpg

I found this pin on ebay before Christmas and loved it. I wanted to pin it on the bouquet somehow as my something blue. It's from Japan Disney and my DF brought it from Ebay. But I'm not sure about it because it is a little cartoony....

P2120007.jpg

My DF bought me this Tiara & Wand set a year ago for my Bday. I was supposed to wear it for Halloween but I forgot. I decided to put it away and would like my flower girl to wear it. It's nice quality but I'll replace the purple stones for nicer blue rhinestones.

P2120010.jpg

P2120009.jpg

Ok, that's all for now. Another update will come after Saturday once I've gone dress shopping!!!

I also asked Beauty Speciale after reading Mermaid_Ariel Report to put me down for my wedding. I figured if I absolutely hate her (which I'm doubting) that I will let her know a whole year in advance that I'm canceling my appt.

Wow! I'm REALLY flattered and I'm so glad that I was able to help!! I thought Ana did such a great job on my glammed up bride look. :cutie: That's so cool that we both have the same taste in makeup - I can't live without my Bare Escentuals foundation or my MAC eyeshadows! I just felt like I was glowing!!

I *LOVE* those shoes!!! They really are like glass slippers!! So classy! :thumbsup2

I'm really enjoying your PJ I love to see new updates! :goodvibes

Gorgeous shoes! I think the pin is really pretty, not cartoony at all. If you love it, and it was a gift from DF, I definitely think you should consider using it on the stem of your bouquet.

Everything is coming together so nicely for you. I love the mermaid pin. you HAVE to put it in your bouquet. How awesome would that be?

Good luck tomorrow! Make sure you have a camera and try to sneak pictures with it. I don't have any pictures from my own visit.

That pin is gorgeous! I think it will be a lovely addition to your bouquet - not cartoony at all! Good luck shopping tomorrow and I hope your dad heals up soon! My dad has to have both knees replaced, so I completely understand!!

Ok so here's what you've all been waiting for - the dress shopping report of when I went to Bridaltown - well here it is - DISAPPOINTING!

I know other brides have been there and really liked it, and even my new coworker told me the day before I was going that her freind bought her dress there and liked it, so I was getting exciting until we get there.

We arrive perfectly on time and first things my Mom says - It's not at all like it is on the website. Well I expected that, they show this like fountain and huge buidling on their site. It's a bright pink building that's actually much smaller.

So we go and I tell them I have an appt at 10:00am - they just opened. There like 5 people at the desk and they have this huge sign saying Disney Fairy Tale dress right behind the desk. They ask for my name and it seems like she's having problems with the computer, so they ask for my number. We wait. About 3 other girls, parties, whatever come in and go upstairs. I try to keep my patience and me and mom look at 50% MOb gowns, they are hideous!

So finally it's 10:20 and I ask am I waiting for someone? They tell me my consultant has called out and they are waiting for her to come to work? Well that's not my probaly but I'm pissed. They don't say they'll be with me in a moment, they don't say we are waiting for such and such until I ask. And I had an appt. And other girls that came in after me went to try on gowns already. So I'm getting pissed and I guess they realize it so one of the girls there say I'll just get you started until your consultant comes.

So she asks me these questions (and just remember this for my later comments)

1. What style are you looking for? I am looking for Off the Shoulder Mermaid or Princess gowns without a train preferably

2. What's your budget? I say I don't want to spend more than $1,000.

Well she says those gowns arew upstairs. So we go upstairs and there's other girls and such up there. And I have to share a dressing room. I'm not shy but just remember that for later.

So She says well look through these gowns and let me know what you like. Me and mom look through and its slim pickins. So I ask her if there's anymore , she says over here. So we go and I find a few and mom finds a few. But nothing is in the style I want. So I ask her if she's going to be my consultant today, she say well it looks like it. I'm now pissed.

So I try on gowns. I'm in such a bad mood and so dissappointed that I rush through them, not even thinking to take pictures. I can't even focus on the dresses. And usually when I'm pissed I'm pretty vocal. I try not to be obnoxious but It's hard so I'm trying to not be vocal but I tell my dad and the whole store kinda hears me saying that I don't have a consultant and I'm pissed because I made an appt.

So finally I ask her (because we drove an hour there and I didn't want to make it for nothing) do you have any of the Disney Gowns. She says she doesn't know. I ask if she has any gowns of the style I want (because what was the point of her asking me in the beginning) she says she doesn't really know the gowns that well and she'll try, but she doesn't find any. At this point Davdi's Bridal had better service!!!

Side Note: My dad was in the waiting area and he was having fun. He made some friends, he's just that kinda guy, people just start talking to him!:rotfl:
This group of girls were there from Maryland and they were also VERY disappointed. They didn't talk when me and my mom were in the room though, but they said they thought it was so nice he was there with me and started calling him Dad and asking his opinion. I think this is cool and really cute, but I think they didn't want me to get jealous so every time I was there they were really quiet. But the Maryland group said they saw the website and were just so disappointed. They were also upset they couldn't take pics. So I was glad it wasn't just me that was pissed.

I flat out tell her that I'm dissapppointed in service at Bridaltown. I really needed to just get it off my chest because I really did want to have fun with this. I just say to her, look I know it's not your fault and you've been very nice but I'm really dissapointed in BridalTown. I specifically made an appt and I have no sales consultant (a person who knows what dress are there). She doesn't really apologize, just kinda says I know. What???:confused3 But after that I say Thank you to her and I try to be nice. So my mood gets a little better.

So finally she says she doesn't have anything in my price range that I like. She offers to let us go downstairs. I'm about to say no because I figured this is just a sales tactic, show us the bad stuff and then the good stuff. But my mom says just go look.

So we go downstairs. First off - there's 6 or 7 empty dressing room! So why do we have 3 brides cramped into one upsatirs. Also, me and mom noticed that alot of the gowns were actually under $1,000, so we were really confused. So I found dresses I liked, but nothing I fell in love with. I'm having a hard time finding a style I like. Off-the-Shoulder is just not popular right now and it seems like no princess dress is without a train. I kinda feel like the princess styles are too big for me, like too much dress. Especially for a beach wedding. It ended with her saying that I should try on one of the Cinderella dress from the Disney Line because is off-the-shoulder. I ask her if I'll have someone then? She says she will make it with a specific person. Whatever, I don't know If I go back because I know the Disney line goes up to like $3,000.

So here's some pics, yes here's some pics from Bridal town. They told a bunch of other brides they couldn't take pics, but because they must have known how pissed I was, they let me. Who Knows?:confused3

For most of them I forget the designers. But here's my pics

dress2-2.jpg

dress-1.jpg

dress3.jpg

dress4.jpg

dress5.jpg

dress6.jpg

dress7.jpg

dress8.jpg

This is the only gown they had off-the-shoulder. I didn't like it.

dress11.jpg

dress12.jpg

This is the only Disney dress they had, I actually saw it by accident! We showed it to the Sales consultant and she's like Well what do you know, we have one! I asked her which princess and she had no idea. I thought it was Ariel because of the style but I found out later it's actually Sleeping Beauty

SleepingBeautyDress.jpg

dress10.jpg

dress9.jpg

I have to say I really, really liked it. I was pleasantly surprised. It was a little too plaing, but I loved the cut.

Well that's the BridalTown Shopping experience. I'm thinking about making an appt at GroupUSA for the hell of it. I found this dress on their site, that I really like.

groupusadress.jpg

So GroupUSA this saturday maybe and Arielle Bridal next Saturday. I'm thinking I'd like to make an appt at Exquisite Bride but I'm afraid they might be pricey. Stay tuned because I'll have more updates later tonight.:surfweb:

Other Updates...

Friday night I got a Folder with a ton of information from Heidi. I knew most of it, but DF really liked looking through everything. He said it was nice to have something to hold and flip through. They actually have a menu now called 'Ariel by the Sea" I thought this was pretty cool. But to be honest I don't love any of the menu so I'll probably just customize one.

I also got more Cards N Pockets samples, It looks like that is what I am doing for invites. I copied this image from another Dis Bride. I don't remember who but, Thanks for it!

Invitationspocketfolder2.jpg

I plan on using Saphire for the pocket, and Pearl for inserts and possibly Light Aqua or Tiffany for the invite. I am going to use the castle graphic and possibly the seashell graphics I posted earlier. I also found this ribbon on ebay and bought it, If I have enough, I plan on using it for the ribbon to wrap around the invite.

seashellribbon.jpg

I also found a big deal at Oriental Trading, like once a week or once every two, I look through wedding store sites, ebay, & oriental trading for deals. I found this and had to buy them Immediately

totebags.jpg

They don't go perfectly with my fairytale theme, but they work and they were only $5.97 for a dozen, that's $.50 for each!!!! SCORE!

I was orginally gonna do these, but since I found such a great deal I'll use the bags above.

WelcomeBags.jpg

I also bought these because I just couldn't pass them up. They are going to be my 'fun' thing in my bag

fishgames.jpg
. They are fish travel games. So Cute!

fishgames.jpg

I also saw these and almost bought them but I decided not too. I want to do a donation as my actual wedding favor so I don't know what I would use them for. But I know there's other Under the Sea Brides so I'll post them.
fishboxes.jpg

I also find a greeat 'quote' I'll call it for my stationary. I found this site that had a list of all beachy wedding stuff. One site had ribbon to sell and one of them was

"Wish Upon a Starfish" I think this fits perfectly!!!

Other stuff I found Browsing over the weekend:

Another cake - I like the wave design, it it's not too much more I might add it to my cake I posted earlier.

cakewithwaves.jpg

I also found more Beach products. I love these for Decor pieces foe the nonguest Tables, but there like $150 for all three. And how do I get them to Disney? More stuff to Ship! We'll see!

I figured I can light floral to them

coralcenterpeice.jpg

A necklace I really love
starfishnecklace.gif

One last thing before I'm done - I just wanted to post some designs I got from the design board, these people have been great and I thank them very much for their kindness.

For the Honeymoon
HoneymoonCruiseGraphic-1.jpg

For envelopes for our Vendors

Arielenvelope.jpg

This was designed by Pat but she hasn't visited the boards in awhile, but she does great work that I wanted to post it
matthewjaclyn1.jpg

I completely forgot to respond about the pin!

I think I will use it, on the stem of my bouquet! Thanks for comments!

That Sleeping Beauty dress is beautiful! Love the neckline & the simplicity.

Are you anywhere near Anne Bailey's? I don't know what it's like there now, but a million years ago it was quite a nice place with a great selection of gowns and good service. It's in Bucks County.

That Sleeping Beauty dress is beautiful! Love the neckline & the simplicity.

Are you anywhere near Anne Bailey's? I don't know what it's like there now, but a million years ago it was quite a nice place with a great selection of gowns and good service. It's in Bucks County.

Thank you!!! I really like it because of that too, I just thought it was maybe too simple. But right now it's the only want jumping out to me

I never heard of that place, but now I'll go check it out, Thanks for the Tip!!!

Ok, one more post for tonight

Heidi sent me some pictures of the locations I wanted to see. I'll post because other Dis'ers have been asking about Beach Locations too.

Here they are...

WP Beach - my 1st choice
WPBeachLocation.jpg

The early bird location...Epcot Germany
Germany5.jpg

The other beach at Yacht Club, not really a good photo though
Shipwreck_Beach3.jpg

Seabreeze Point - I have a question about this, I'll post in the main thread
Sea_Breeze_Point_Ceremony.jpg

And Living Seas, my reception Choice
Living_Seas_and_piano.jpg

Living_Seas_1.jpg

Also, I've been thinking about California Grill alot because I had to nix the Dessert party with the heat. Now it says on the website that there isn;t a dance floor, but my info in my packet says dance floor decreases maximum capacity. If you only have a small amount of guests, say like 30, could you still have a dance floor with Cali Grill? Also do you get to watch Wishes if you have that location?

And some questions

Wow, the beach location looks really nice! Everything looks good.

The Napa Room at California Grill can fit 30 people with dancing or up to 50 people with dinner and no dancing. I really wanted this location so we could see Wishes but we are possibly having 40 guests. I also wanted dancing so we wouldn't have enough room.

I love the last dress! It's beautiful! As far as locations, I really like the beach area outside the WP! It's goregous!

I'm sorry the Bridaltown experience was so bad for you. I had such an easy time there that I was hoping that you would find your dream dress there. That being said, you look great in the Disney bridal dress. I think it looked the best out of all the ones that you've shown us so far. Hopefully you can find something at your next stop!

Sorry Bridaltown blew, don't you feel like you can't get good service anymore lately..when I went to Macy's bridal salon to look at BM dresses I stormed out of there,the whole thing was horrid,it was my only bridezilla moment through this whole process.

Well I love the Sleeping beauty dress on you.It fit's you so well.Look's great on you.The last one looks gorgeous too,I hope you have better luck at groupusa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter