Matthew & Jaclyn's PJ GF Beach/LSS/UK Lower:Update - Ending my PJ due to problems

mermaidbride1108

Disney Fairy Tale Bride 8.31.09
Jackie & Matt's Wedding PJ - please bear with me as I try to fix all of my photos in my from pages 1-11! I HATE PHOTOBUCKET

Welcome back! Congratulations on EVERYTHING - sounds like things have brightened-up quite nicely for you! :bride:

We had to postpone our DFTW (Jan. 2008 Escape) too. I know what you mean about being too sad to post, but enjoying all the exciting details the other DIS brides shared! Now our *new* date is just under 10 months - I'm waiting until we can finalize things @ 8 moths to start my PJ.

Can't wait to hear all your details & see lots of pictures!

Happy planning! :goodvibes

Hi! Congrats on your jpb and upcoming wedding! I am planning a Wishes Vow Renewal for June 29th 2009. I can't wait to read all your plans! I have a question if you don't mind? You can go for a site visit even if you are over a year a way from the wedding? Can I be calling DFTW already with some questions? If yes than Woo Hoo!!!:rotfl: I would love to plan a short getaway for me and DH to see the sites! Well any excuse to get back to WDW will do!LOL;)

Well I called earlier this week to schedule a site visit before I booked my offsite hotel and they told me to call back in March since then I would be 18 months out from my wedding. I could discuss dates with them one year out.
They told me to go right ahead and book my hotel though and not worry about scheduling the site visit first (even though thats basically why we are going!) I was concerned that if I booked my hotel and they weren't available I would pissed! but they said it wouldn't be a problem. I would say you could schedule a site visit now since you are 18 months out

It seems the rule of thumb is 18 months out they'll discuss options, site visits, etc. 1 year out you can book for park weddings, 8 months out all other sites. However I've seen some brides have scheduled before the one year, it really depends on who speak with I think.

Hope that helps!:flower3:

I scheduled both my site visit and my planning session about a week ahead of time. Until I found these boards I had no idea everyone planned so far out! I'm pretty sure you wont have a problem getting your site visit. Worst case scenario is that it'll be a PM appt instead of AM or vice versa. Good luck!

Welcome back!! Yoour right, these boards are highly addictive :surfweb: ,but I have gotten so many great ideas on here! can't wait to hear all of your plans!!

Thanks for the info!!! Now I have to convince DH that we need to go on a site visit in between our trip to HHI in April and our London/Paris trip in July. He's gonna kill me!LOL;)

ok so this will be the very first time I really posted much about my actual planning. Some of my ideas have probably been 'borrowed' from the rest of you here on the boards. Thanks so much and I hope you all don't mind!

When we first decided to have a Disney Wedding

We had just gotten engaged two days before at Cinderella's Royal table and we were at the Star Tours attraction store (I think it's called Star Traders) and we recieved a Magical Moment. The cashier said that she was so excited for us and booked us ressie's for that night at the Hollywood Brown Derby in their private room (really awesome!) She suggested we should get married at Disney World and we were like "year, right!" we would never be able to afford that, but still we both said we would keep it in the back of our heads and look into it.

When we got home we started to look into locations around Philly. We never really found one we were 'in love' with and they were just so expensive! I never realized how much it cost to get married. Plus, most of the menus were just so overpriced for the little you recieved. (NJ & Philly are just expensive areas to have a wedding I heard) So went back to looking at a Disney Wedding. We really liked the idea of having a destination wedding and the more we looked at locations around Philly and all the work to be done, the more we said let's just go for it! We went back and forth with an Escape or Wishes, but I didn't want my guests to come to Disney for just the ceremony and no reception. When I added the costs of a dinner and escape wedding and all the extras I wanted, we said we might as well do the wishes wedding and invite a lot more people.

Little Mermaid theme

I started to go back and forth with a theme, I'm definitely the type of person that likes everything to match or coordinate so I definitely wanted a theme.
First I started a Cinderella them since I got enaged in the castle and the glass slipper and stuff. But I'm not a big fan of Cinderella wanted something more me. I always wanted the 'Fairytale' Wedding though. I didn't want my wedding to be extremely formal, but then didn't want it to be like an everyday type party either, so something in the middle. I am a HUGE fan of the Little Mermaid since I was little, I was Ariel twice for Halloween! I wanted to do a beach theme, but thought it might be too, too laid back. So I'm doing a seaside castle/Little Mermaid theme. I'm still coming up with ideas to incorporate it but I'm planning to use seashells and castle motifs throughout to have a beachy but fairytale feel.

Timing: This will depend on our locations - Epcot weddings have to be in the morning I've read and we are thinking of a daytime reception to keep costs down.

Dinner Style: All the weddings I've been to have been Buffet. I've never been to a sit-down dinner and I think I would really like for my wedding to be a sit down. It makes things a little more formal I guess. But then I really like some of the action stations especially the Potato Martini one.

Honeymoon: Definitely are doing the Disney Cruise, hopefully the Disney Wonder. This is something DF has been pushing for. He wanted to get married on the cruise but I felt that guests would have to spend even more money for a cruise and then they couldn't just come for the wedding but would be forced to take a cruise.

Wedding Day: Mid week, probably Tuesday because the Disney Wonder seems like it leaves on Thursdays and then we have the Wednesday to spend in Disney. We can come down to Disney over the weekend (or earlier since at my new job I get three weeks of Vacay now!) but nothing yet set in stone.

Guest Count: We are hoping for a group of 50 but who knows until invites go out. We have a guest list of about 80 and could trim some more, but don't expect alot to travel. So 50 is the number I've been working with. So far everyone has given us a positive reaction and seems really excited about a Disney Wedding. But I'm sure I'll hear a grumble or too later.

Initial Planning choices

I've done some research online and looked at many pics and these are my choices so far. I go for a site visit 9/6/08-9/13/08 so I'll decide for sure then.

Quick question - does anyone know if at your site visit you can sign the contract there? Would you also recieve your AP passes then too?

Ceremony
Epcot Germony - I love the look of this area because it looks very fairytale and it looks a little like the town that Ariel and Eric tour before the Kiss the Girl scene. But I did here that it smells like saurkraut in the morning so we will see

Beach Area? - I read posts that brides had their ceremony on the beach but can't find anymore details about it though.

I'm hoping when I go for a site visit I can get more ideas. I definitely want something that it uniquely Disney because my guests are traveling from Philly and want them to feel it was worth the trip.

Reception
Living Seas - so far this seems number one. If fits with the mermaid theme and DF really likes it too. It also works with our guest count

Ariels - I love this location but it doesn't host seated dinner and when I was active in the boards before I've read they are having wedding there in 2009.

GF Summerhouse - I really want a truly Disney location (read theme park when i write that:goodvibes) But I do like it so I'm keeping it as an option.

Ok I'll be writing more very soon but for right now can anyone answer this question?

does anyone know if at your site visit you can sign the contract there? Would you also recieve your AP passes then too?

:surfweb: This is me reading all your planning journals all day!

So as I was writing the last post I started to check into dates for the Disney Wonder in Sept 2009 so I can double check that it leaves on Thursdays and saw that I couldn't book anything for Sept except Sept 3rd and thought that was weird so i did a little digging and saw on wdwinfo.com

2009 Drydock Plans
The Wonder will be in drydock September 6-26, 2009.

S*&^!!! Looks like our wedding date will already be messed up and I haven't set anything yet.

So now I have to talk to DF when he's home and it's either a switching to the DIsney Magic or a wedding the last week of August or first week in October

Yes, I'm crazy I seem to be posting repeatedly in one night. Well this thread has kind of made me double check my decisions and make sure they work. Writing it all down just helps alot I guess...:goodvibes

So we set the date that we would like, September 1st 2009. We set this date because My DF really wants to do the Disney Cruise and we haven't been emotionally attached to any date so we have been choosing our date based on cruise dates and the low season in Disney. It's not exactly low season because its the week before Labor day but that date helps both my bridesmaids as well. My MOH is about to graduate with her education degree and goes tomorrow for interviews for schools. Plus my bridesmaid will be 18 and will be entering college then so hopefully both their school schedules start after Labor Day, which is 9/7 in 2009.

So September 1st it is! Does anyone know if how hard it is to get the date that you want?

Ok here's some pictures of some items that either I like or that I have purchased already. I have alot of stuff I put away for the wedding and I'll take pics of that later.

This is my engagement ring. This pic is from when I got engaged in Cindy's Royal Table

DisneyPhotoImage48.jpg

Last year sometime, i went crazy buying stuff for the wedding and then reality set in and I thought... Where am I going to put this stuff, or better yet, how am I going to get it down to Disney? Anyways I bought 7 Sand Castles from Ebay. They were really a good deal, but now I don't know if we will use them. Here's a pic of kinda what they look like - I'll get a better pic later.

P1190258.jpg

I also bought my guest book and garter off of ebay new for $6 together. It was a simple white garter with a sparkle starfish and a tossing garter. And the Guest book was a plain white bookwith blue ribbin and starfish. I'm not crazy about them now, but both of those things were relatively unimportant to be in the overall scheme of things. I may buy another guest book and garter because I found a whole set I love and it still goes with the pen I bought that I love too.

P1190269.jpg

Here's the cake I love... I stole it from someone's planning journal I hope you don't mind:3dglasses

CakeCoralAndShells-LightDecoration.jpg

The server I'm planning to get from DFTW

CakeKnifeandServerset.jpg

I really want some sort aqua as my wedding color I actually have a page from a bridal magazine of a program with ribbons that's my inspiration. I would like to use a range of blues and greens as my colors.

P2250039.jpg

Here's is the garter and flower basket I really, really want. I am really thinking of buying them now but I'm not even close to getting bridesmaid dresses so I'm not sure what color I'll purchase but this is the color I want.

seasidealluregarter.jpg

seasideallurebasket.jpg

I really like these two styles of dress but not sold on them. I really want an off the shoulder type sleeve. ut I like the bodice and pick-up skirt. This may change once I try on dresses! I also am in love with the third..it's not anything like my picture in my head but I Love it... But I really want a big skirt since I never wore one for my proms.

dress2-1.jpg

jadress.jpg

WeddingDress-mermaid.jpg

Ok here for my rant about the Disney Princess line. I was really dissappointed. I don't think they look princess inspired at all, except for a few of the belle ones. This is the only thing I like out of the princess line. i was really hoping they would have a seashell tiara like Swarovski did with the Cinderella line. Oh well... Here is the only piece I like from the Disney Collection... But it's probably like $3000 or something

arielnecklace.jpg

more to come anything day.. gotta go take a shower:dance3:

everything looks great! you have the same theme as kristen! i think she has that cake and sandcastles as well! i'm happy that you guys picked a date, i wasn't emotionally attached to my date either, i originally wanted a december wedding, but january it is! happy planning! my reception will be at lss in 12 day :faint: i'll post pics as soon as i get back!

Can you tell me the designer and style name of this dress?

I'm desperately trying to find your 1st dress (it's my number 1 choice!) but haven't found anywhere that has it in stock yet, or anything remotely similar.

This one of yours is very similar though, so perhaps I may have some luck finding this one, and then I can know if the style is right for me!

Thanks in advance :thumbsup2

Incidentally, you're planning for a month before me, and we're wanting to use the Living Seas Salon too, so I look forward to hearing more!

When I was reading your plans, before I saw the pics I immediately thought of those castles and using them as centerpieces!!! I think they would be great with maybe some seashells on the table around them and some flowers and tea lights? I love the cake! I love the colors you want to use and the first 2 dresses are beautiful! I'm enjoying reading all your plans!

Can you tell me the designer and style name of this dress?

I'm desperately trying to find your 1st dress (it's my number 1 choice!) but haven't found anywhere that has it in stock yet, or anything remotely similar.

This one of yours is very similar though, so perhaps I may have some luck finding this one, and then I can know if the style is right for me!

Thanks in advance :thumbsup2

Incidentally, you're planning for a month before me, and we're wanting to use the Living Seas Salon too, so I look forward to hearing more!

Hi, yes it's Justin Alexander. I don't know the style but it's on the website. i saw it in a Bridal magazine and loved it. I actually took the maggie dress from someone's else journal because it's similar to the Justin Alexander, but I have't seen it on her website. I actually read your planning journal yesterday. This was me ----:surfweb:

Hi, yes it's Justin Alexander. I don't know the style but it's on the website. i saw it in a Bridal magazine and loved it. I actually took the maggie dress from someone's else journal because it's similar to the Justin Alexander, but I have't seen it on her website. I actually read your planning journal yesterday. This was me ----:surfweb:

Hmmm,
I can't seem to find it on the Europe section - perhaps they won't make them for us over here :sad1:
Is it actually the Justin Alexander Collection on one of the others on the main site eg Sincerity etc?

Meryll - the dress is part of the regular Justin Alexander collection but it is under the United States, maybe you could call with the style and see if anyone stocks it

Caryn, I was reading Kristin's journal yesterday and I was excited to see someone's theme close to mine! Hopefully we can swap ideas! I wanna add some color to that cake I've had it saved under favorites for awhile now with another one and want to kind of mash them together

12 days away? Oh my God! So close. I've been reading your journal too! I can't wait to see pics! Best Wishes in the final hour! yay!
:thumbsup2

Desnik - that's the idea I had for centerpieces and found a great cheap website for seashells that sell them in lots. But It might be a pian to lug all that stuff to Disney so I may change my mind and do a Aquarium type look with Flowers instead. I have time so I'll probably change my mind a million times! haha!:lmao:

Quick Update

I've gotten the ok from the DF to book the Honeymoon and hotel if I want now while I'm still at my old job and really just srufin the web and not actually doin work anymore. It's really early though but that's definitely the cruise we want to take and I thought I might as well book hotel while I'm getting quotes. What do you think? Am I asking for trouble?

What travel services have you used to book Disney Vacations? I requested quotes from the parter of Allears.net and WDWinfo.com. Any other suggestions?

I figured while I'm still at this job I might as well do some wedding planning, I'll have toget serious when I start my new job:cutie:

What do you guys think of this? Too Cheesy?

starfishtiara.gif

I'll be posting I lot of stuff I found just so I can keep it all in one place myself! This was found on beachcomberbride.com

I really like it! I don't think it is cheesy at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter