Matterhorn?

mAlien13

Down with Disney
On the DLR website the schedule shows that the Matterhorn will be closed the last week of September. Does anyone have any information if this is a long term closing or any idea where I can look to find out more?

mAlien13 said:
On the DLR website the schedule shows that the Matterhorn will be closed the last week of September. Does anyone have any information if this is a long term closing or any idea where I can look to find out more?

I believe the Matterhorn will be closed for about six weeks, begining after labor day, but I could be wrong. Somebody else will know for sure.

This is usually the time of year where the Matterhorn just shuts down for refurbishment. I know there are various websites that talk about Disneyland ride refurbishments, but I can't think of what the addresses are now, sorry. Just type in Disneyland Ride Refurbishments and see what comes up. :sunny:

That ride has been there since 1959 and is always in need of refurbishments every now and then. It's good to do when the ride has been around for a long time.

The matterhorn will be down from August 28th until November 22nd for refurb and it is rumored they will be putting in better restraint devices.

Sorry for all those that are hoping to ride it when its down but it really needs this!

azgal81 said:
The matterhorn will be down from August 28th until November 22nd for refurb and it is rumored they will be putting in better restraint devices.

Sorry for all those that are hoping to ride it when its down but it really needs this!
I agree that the ride could really benefit from some extra TLC. Of course, that's easy for me to say when it will probably be up and running for our trip in December. There is almost always something that is closed, or not opened yet, or an old favorite that was retired when you take a Disney trip. I try to look at it as part of the Disney way...they are always trying to keep things fresh and above all, safe. Last trip we took, the Pirates were closed. That was really hard for me, especially knowing that when it re-opened it would not be the same. But I am looking forward to seeing it. I am avoiding all the posts about it, I want to be surprised. :banana:

The park calendar shows it going down now on Sept. 5th, the day after Labor Day. Has anyone heard anything official about this change? We will be there on 8/21 and 9/1 and my son would really like to ride this one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter