Matterhorn Closure Postponed Until After Labor Day ???

HydroGuy

A Pirate's Life For Me
Everyone has been reporting the Matterhorn lengthy rehab starting on Aug 28. I was playing around with RideMax yesterday when I noticed they were including Matterhorn as an open attraction over Labor Day. A quick check of their updates said that the DL website was no longer listing a Matterhorn closure on Aug 28, and that RideMax had contacted DLR by telephone and was informed that the Matterhorn closure would not occur until after Labor Day. Hope this is true and it makes some folks happy.

I'll be thrilled if this is true! I always hold out hope that a ride won't really be down when I'm there, though I'm prepared it will be.

Anyone know when the Matterhorn is scheduled to reopen?

As long as it's after Labor Day. Let's say the 11th,I'll be there the 9th.Sorry,I have'nt ridden it in 6 yrs. :guilty:

Iggipolka said:
Anyone know when the Matterhorn is scheduled to reopen?
The re-opening date has always been the day before Thanksgiving. Not sure if that will slip or not. I am sure DL will try very hard to have Matterhorn re-open by then as it is one of the busiest times of the year.

I heard it was mid-to late Oct according to the newspaper this morning, but it also said it could be open before or after that. I just hope its openduring Xmas time, when I go with friends.

Here is what the latest park update is..........looks like it will close on sept. 5 and hopefully open up before thanksgiving. I know they say it will be delayed but I bet they will work extra hard to get it complete by then so they don't make those folks mad!

In a piece of good news for late-summer travelers, the closing of Matterhorn Bobsleds for a couple months appears to have been delayed to September 5. This keeps it available through Labor Day but may also mean it will be closed over the Thanksgiving weekend in November. It seems the target is still to have it open by then, but if not then it should be open in time for the Christmas rush.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter