Matt’s first ever solo trip to the Disneyland Resort… (and some San Diego time)

Excellent report!! And my goodness, your little pirate princess looks gorgeous! :)

That tour sounds really interesting. I would love to swing that some day.

I highly recommend the tour. Steven did a superb job leading it. His enthusiasm was contagious. Its a good dedication of time though, so be prepared to spend probably 4 hours when it is all said and done with getting there early, the tour itself, and based upon how many people are on it, the pictures in the apartment, and then the lunch at the end.

Steven mentioned they were putting together a DCA tour with history for the fall, so I'm looking forward to that at some point as well.

Thanks for the trip report! Looks like you had a great time! I love your photos, especially Pirates, so great and always my first ride without a doubt when I go to the parks. I really need to check out Trader Sam's. I've heard such great things about it!

I really enjoyed my first solo trip this past March. Of course it's fun going with the family, but I love having my own time in the parks, which I really don't get when I'm with my hubby and DS6. They are not big Disney people so they totally don't mind that I go without them. Crazy! A lot of people looked at me funny when I said I was going on my own, but it was great, and like you I totally struck up conversations with people standing in lines, so it I didn't really feel lonely. We are planning a trip just after Thanksgiving, so I'm toying with the idea of getting an AP so and use if for a few solo trips next year. I'd love to do a tour sometime too, sounds great!

Thanks for the trip report! Looks like you had a great time! I love your photos, especially Pirates, so great and always my first ride without a doubt when I go to the parks. I really need to check out Trader Sam's. I've heard such great things about it!
If you check my TRs, Pirates is always our first. I just MAKES it.

I really enjoyed my first solo trip this past March. Of course it's fun going with the family, but I love having my own time in the parks, which I really don't get when I'm with my hubby and DS6. They are not big Disney people so they totally don't mind that I go without them. Crazy! A lot of people looked at me funny when I said I was going on my own, but it was great, and like you I totally struck up conversations with people standing in lines, so it I didn't really feel lonely. We are planning a trip just after Thanksgiving, so I'm toying with the idea of getting an AP so and use if for a few solo trips next year. I'd love to do a tour sometime too, sounds great!
2 HRs per trip around RSR or 11 minutes... No contest.

2 HRs per trip around RSR or 11 minutes... No contest.

That is AWESOME! Too bad you weren't able to ride at night, something for next time, eh? I love love love SRL, can't wait until the boy is old enough so we can all take advantage of them instead of stressing about FP.

I'm curious about the attraction posters you got at Off the Page. I would like to get some for my office, but last time I was in DL I asked some CMs and they seemed clueless. Were they displayed in the shop? I didn't see them at all last time. Is Off the Page the only place you can get them? Do you have to make a special request for them?

Also, have you seen the new Adventureland merchandise at disneystore.com? Really great Tiki bowls, drinkware, etc. I'm guessing it would be at the parks too.

That is AWESOME! Too bad you weren't able to ride at night, something for next time, eh? I love love love SRL, can't wait until the boy is old enough so we can all take advantage of them instead of stressing about FP.
Yeah, next time I go, I'm going to do DCA at night vs. DL at night.

I'm curious about the attraction posters you got at Off the Page. I would like to get some for my office, but last time I was in DL I asked some CMs and they seemed clueless. Were they displayed in the shop? I didn't see them at all last time. Is Off the Page the only place you can get them? Do you have to make a special request for them?
Its the print on demand service. In DCA, its is only at Off the Page (and you can print DL stuff and even other resort stuff there as well). I think at DL, it is in the Disney Gallery in the Main Street Square.

Also, have you seen the new Adventureland merchandise at disneystore.com? Really great Tiki bowls, drinkware, etc. I'm guessing it would be at the parks too.
Yep, they had it in the windows on main street.

Looks like you had an awesome trip!:thumbsup2 Thanks for sharing ;)

It was!! I can't wait for the next one. I'm really going to spend the time to do the Twain next time, and spend some more time in Tomorrowland as I don't give it nearly enough love.

Loved the play by play and the pictures! Thanks for the great trip report I really enjoyed it :)

Now for the $64k question... what's in this jar... and where did it come from?

DSCN3216%20(Large).JPG

It will get a nice specimen-esque label in the not too distant future in Latin just to spice things up.

Great photos and report. Matt, what lens did you use on your ride photos? They turned out really good.

Now for the $64k question... what's in this jar... and where did it come from?

DSCN3216%20(Large).JPG

It will get a nice specimen-esque label in the not too distant future in Latin just to spice things up.

Hmm, knowing how much you love Pirates, I would guess it's water from the ride.

And thanks for the tip about the prints on demand service, I will definitely check them out next time.

Hmm, knowing how much you love Pirates, I would guess it's water from the ride.
WINNER!!! Yep, I didn't quite follow the rules about keeping your hands and arms in the boat, but a quick dip in the bayou and I had it. Now... need some Rivers of America, Jungle Cruise, Canal Boats, Castle Moat, Grizzly RIver, and Paradise Bay to round it out...

And thanks for the tip about the prints on demand service, I will definitely check them out next time.

I'll post a review and take some pics when mine arrive. They ship to you from a third party.

WOW Very nice lens.

I LOVE me some 1.4 max aperture glass. Its great for low light and ridiculously sharp at f/2

Good glass is always worth teh cost. Whether it be cameras or rifle optics. I do NOT scrimp on the glass in either area.

Really enjoyed reading your report, I think I'd live a solo trip some day!

Your photos were fantastic, I especially loved the haunted mansion ones!

WINNER!!! Yep, I didn't quite follow the rules about keeping your hands and arms in the boat, but a quick dip in the bayou and I had it. Now... need some Rivers of America, Jungle Cruise, Canal Boats, Castle Moat, Grizzly RIver, and Paradise Bay to round it out....

That will be quite the collection! don't forget Splash and the Finding Nemo lagoon, if they ever get around to filling that up :)

That will be quite the collection! don't forget Splash and the Finding Nemo lagoon, if they ever get around to filling that up :)

Good catch.... that's if they ever fill the lagoon again. I've seen the announcements, but I'm still skeptical. For splash, we get pretty soaked riding it over and over and over... could probably just wring out our clothes and fill a jar.

Thanks for this trip report, with so many pics! I get to WDW more often now, because I live on the east coast, and I agree: it's "ok". My trip to Cali in May confirmed how much I prefer DL, and DCA.

How was it you were in the parks after midnight on your trip? Given your dates you weren't there for the 24 hour park opening?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter