Matching Family Outfits - Post Pictures!

Does your family dress alike at DW?

• Yes - it puts us in the Disney spirit!

• No way! That's not how we roll.

• We don't -- but I would if my spouse would let me.

• Kids only -- I have to act my age, you know!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Matt'nMeg'sMom

Former Disney Mom
Please tell me I'm not alone. I love dressing my family in matching outfits, and -believe it or not- my husband actually agrees and goes along with it!

Sometimes we wear matching or identical styles, and other days we just agree to wear the same color. In 2006, I even got our 18 person grand gathering to go along!

If you have the same notion... please post your matching family pictures here too. (craziness loves company!) :rotfl:

The Hawaiian outfits came from the Disney Store. My daughters "shirt" was a size 4T dress that she wore for years... the shorter it got, the better it looked with leggings. :thumbsup2
CarlsonFamilyDisney2006-1.jpg
DSC02929.jpg
DisneyJuly2005-1.png
GrandGathering2006-2.jpg

I got away with it twice - once with our Mickey Tie Dyes at MK and then with Epcot shirts I made on the 25th anniv. Both times I got the pics and then DH changed!:lmao:

DD and I also also matched in lime green tshirts w/ Tink on them our 1st MK day (rainy didn't want to do the mickey shirts that day).

Yes, I love when we coordinate! DH & DS12 know to ask what color day it is before they get dressed while on vacation! ...or they will have to change if for some strange reason they don't ask and read my mind wrong. :lmao:

Blue Strip Day
image18.jpg

Green Day... (On another green day DS thought it would be funny to wear his brown Green Day (the band) shirt... :rolleyes:)
image37.jpg

Red Day
image50.jpg

We do it all the time too. We did it alot on our Disney cruises. I don't have those pictures loaded. But on our recent trip to WDW, I did it.

image365.jpg

This is the only picture I can find right now. I have a bunch more, but my husband has probably hidden them from me.

Y'all look great! I voted "I would if DH would let me." :rotfl2: I did get him to wear matching P&PP shirts I made (from the Creative DISigns thread on this board) for us while DD wore her princess gown. And I've made 9 matching shirts for the whole clan in May. The guys are already groaning!:confused3

I don't have pictures yet because our trip isn't until March 24th but I have 3 sets of shirts-one for MK,AK and DHS that I made with the help of the incredible designers here. I love how the shirts came out and I can't wait to wear them at WDW.

My husband doesn't really like the idea of it, but when we get home & he sees the pictures, he really likes it. I have to kinda remind him all the time.

Here we are - I wish I had made more matching shirts, we got so many favorable comments on them!

I even wore my lime green mickey 'stuff' and never saw anybody else! :confused3

100_3402.jpg
[/IMG]

Please tell me about the Dis Board Designers? What do they charge? Do they e-mail you the design for an iron on? How does it work?

I've always wanted to do the matching shirts. I've got time to start planning for our December trip. I think I can convince DH for at least one day of textile harmony!!

I found my design on the 'Just for Fun - Creative DISigns' board, not sure if you've checked there yet or not. I was able to drop it into my PrintShop software and add names and the year to the ears. Hope this helps (our pic is a few posts above)

IMAG0026-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Matching shirt #1 from 2006 trip

IMAG0290.jpg
[/IMG]

Matching shirt #2 from 2006 trip

IMAG0095.jpg
[/IMG]

Matching shirt #3 from 2006 trip

image78.jpg
[/IMG]

Matching shirt #1 from 2007 trip

image412.jpg
[/IMG]

Matching shirt #2 from 2007 trip

And I just ordered a POTC shirt for everyone for the trip in July!
As long as they let me I'm going to keep doing it!!

I really want to make matching shirts for this trip. I know DH would never agree to it, but he's not going this time. ;-) I know my mother would go for it....but not so sure about my MIL and Aunt-in-law (for lack of a more concise term ;-)).

My DD13 and my niece who are two weeks apart used to always dress alike, at first when thehy were little it was just too adorable to pass up. As they got older, part of the reason was because my niece loved the fact that people thought they were fraternal twins. My DD has always been ALOT taller, but we came to the conclusion that it was no longer somewhat believable that they could be twins when they were about eight. By that time my DD was in a size 12, and my niece was still barely in a 6 (she could wear size 24 months knit shorts), so I guess we just stopped.

I never really had the opportunity to dress my DS17 and my DD13 alike. My DS was always dressed in a sports jersey or something like a dinosaur t-shirt and my DD was always in pink, so as hard as it is to find matching boy-girl outfits, I could never find any that weren't too young for my DS that my DD wouldn't refuse to wear!

Once in a while my DD13 and DD3 will dress alike, but only in something like Lilly Pulitzer dresses (never in the same print though).

Please tell me about the Dis Board Designers? What do they charge? Do they e-mail you the design for an iron on? How does it work?

I've always wanted to do the matching shirts. I've got time to start planning for our December trip. I think I can convince DH for at least one day of textile harmony!!

I found my design on the 'Just for Fun - Creative DISigns' board, not sure if you've checked there yet or not. I was able to drop it into my PrintShop software and add names and the year to the ears. Hope this helps (our pic is a few posts above)

Can someone please post a link or something to these boards? I would love to make some matching shirts! TIA!!

Go to the main disboards page & it is at the botton in the creative designs section. Alot of designs, so be prepared!!!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter