Mass shooting ChCh NZ

mummabear

DIS Veteran
Four arrested after 40 killed in Christchurch mosque shootings

Four people have been arrested and several bombs found after 40 people were killed in shootings at two Christchurch mosques.

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has confirmed that as at 7pm 40 people have lost their lives in the shootings at the Masjid Al Noor on Deans Ave and the Linwood Masjid on Linwood Ave on Friday.

"It is clear that this can now only be described as a terrorist attack."
Four arrested after 40 killed in Christchurch mosque shootings

Four people have been arrested and several bombs found after 40 people were killed in shootings at two Christchurch mosques.

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has confirmed that as at 7pm 40 people have lost their lives in the shootings at the Masjid Al Noor on Deans Ave and the Linwood Masjid on Linwood Ave on Friday.

"It is clear that this can now only be described as a terrorist attack."

The patients ranged from young children to adults and their injuries ranged from critical to minor. Some would need multiple surgeries and some had been taken to other health facilities around the country.

Police Commissioner Mike Bush said local police had committed "some absolutely acts of bravery" to arrest the three men and one woman following the shootings. Officers would have immediate access to firearms, he said.

"We are not aware of other people, but we cannot assume there are not others at large."

I woke up to this horrific news this morning. My heart goes out to the families.

I hope we don't go down the mental health rabbit hole with this shooting. Once again this is rooting in hate and fear of a changing demographic harbored by white nationalists.

I woke up to this horrific news this morning. My heart goes out to the families.

I hope we don't go down the mental health rabbit hole with this shooting. Once again this is rooting in hate and fear of a changing demographic harbored by white nationalists.

And reports indicate the shooter was obsessed with American politics and American extremist movements.

Awful, awful news. If this isn’t true I’ll edit and delete it but I’ve heard someone had the names of other mosque shooters written on his guns.

And reports indicate the shooter was obsessed with American politics and American extremist movements.
And he hated the 1%, felt he was most closely aligned with China's political system, had contempt for conservatives, and considered himself an environmentalist.

I visited this beautiful, amazing country two years ago. I am so very sad to hear this news today.

Awful, awful news. If this isn’t true I’ll edit and delete it but I’ve heard someone had the names of other mosque shooters written on his guns.

I haven't heard that, he live streamed it and released some manifesto just before it happened.
Apparently there were at least 4 people involved with multiple bombs found around the city.

Awful. And, the live streaming of it? Seriously? WTH is wrong with people. I'm so sorry to an entire faith that is being judged and murdered based on the actions of a tiny minority of that faith.

This is what I fear a WHOLE LOT MORE than alleged Islamic terrorists. Based on precedence over the last few years, this is what is far more deadly. We need to learn about how these people are radicalized. White terrorists are a real damn thing.

And he also hates immigrants, saying he is offended by the sight of them. Also likes DJT "As a symbol of renewed white identity and common purpose."
My point is, it's not that accurate to call him right wing, when he could also be called left wing, depending on the issue. He sounds like an overall nutter, and as with many people like him, has contradictory views. If journalists take the time to break down that rambling manifesto of his, I would imagine some extremely strange things will surface.

While he doesn't qualify as legally insane, no one who does what he did is anything less than deeply disturbed.

Awful. And, the live streaming of it? Seriously? WTH is wrong with people. I'm so sorry to an entire faith that is being judged and murdered based on the actions of a tiny minority of that faith.

This is what I fear a WHOLE LOT MORE than alleged Islamic terrorists. Based on precedence over the last few years, this is what is far more deadly. We need to learn about how these people are radicalized. White terrorists are a real damn thing.

Alleged?!!! Tell that to the victims of 9/11......
What a scary thought process.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!