Masks optional at WDW starting 6/15/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liquidice

DIS Veteran
I think we all knew this was eventually coming...

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...making-face-masks-optional-in-most-locations/
Masks will be optional for fully vaccinated guests starting on 6/15/21 at WDW. Masks required for guests who are not fully vaccinated indoors, at attractions, etc (but likely not enforced).

Masks will still be required on Disney transportation (includes buses, monorails and skyliner)

Proof of vaccination is of course not required (Florida law prohibits asking for proof of vaccination).

Specific wording from Disney World's website ( https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/ ):

FACE COVERINGS

Face coverings will be optional for fully vaccinated Guests in most areas. Face coverings will still be required of all Guests on Disney transportation, including Disney buses, monorails and Disney Skyliner. While we will not require proof of vaccination, we expect Guests who are not fully vaccinated to continue wearing face coverings in all indoor locations, and upon entering and throughout all attractions and transportation. Guests must observe current policies on face coverings until June 15.

Last edited:

Those of us who wear glasses are thankful that we can see clearly again.

Here's a little trick, though a bit late for it now - I used a piece of tape (like athletic tape or for bangages) across the top of my mask and it prevents fogging completely!

Last edited:
For folks you do have corrective eyewear, my DW bought an anti-fog lens cleaner for our recent WDW trip. We just got back yesterday. It was a bit expensive (DW said and didn't quote the price) but it was really good lens cleaner and the anti-fog worked really well. She got it on Amazon and I'm sorry that I don't recall the name brand. FWIW.

I'm also thinking of the FOP glasses! Mine just kept fogging up so much during the ride and it was a huge bummer.

We're so happy for this news. So thankful I got my kid vaccinated as soon as they opened up to kids 12 and up, he'll be good to go three days before we leave.

I'm also thinking of the FOP glasses! Mine just kept fogging up so much during the ride and it was a huge bummer.

We're so happy for this news. So thankful I got my kid vaccinated as soon as they opened up to kids 12 and up, he'll be good to go three days before we leave.
So happy for you! I was thinking about my "moving trip to WDW" forum friends that were going in June and wondering if you'd be going after the 15th. Have a fantastic time!! :jumping1:

So happy for you! I was thinking about my "moving trip to WDW" forum friends that were going in June and wondering if you'd be going after the 15th. Have a fantastic time!! :jumping1:

Thank you!! :lovestruc It's going to be a great trip with so much feelings of Disney normalcy!

BTW: rumors (big grain of salt) are floating around DL will follow with their own mask announcement tonight. Fridays are when they like to announce these policy changes so the news is forgotten about by Monday morning. Then again, I feel like Universal Hollywood would beat them to it because that's their style haha. Maybe keep an eye on them.

Thank you!! :lovestruc It's going to be a great trip with so much feelings of Disney normalcy!

BTW: rumors (big grain of salt) are floating around DL will follow with their own mask announcement tonight. Fridays are when they like to announce these policy changes so the news is forgotten about by Monday morning. Then again, I feel like Universal Hollywood would beat them to it because that's their style haha. Maybe keep an eye on them.

California ends their tier system and mandates on June 15 so I don’t see why they wouldn’t announce changes for DLR. I assume the date for the WDW mask changes isn’t a coincidence.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if they actually enforce small kids who are obviously under 12 and not vaccinated to still wear them? I'd hate for my 3 year old to be the only one having to wear one when he was the only one who DIDN'T wear one this whole past year. 🤔

I'm wondering if they actually enforce small kids who are obviously under 12 and not vaccinated to still wear them? I'd hate for my 3 year old to be the only one having to wear one when he was the only one who DIDN'T wear one this whole past year. 🤔

I told both my kids tonight (we leave tomorrow morning) that there is an update for masks and that some people will not be wearing masks indoors, but that both of them still need to wear masks because they're not vaccinated. I think they understand :) They're a little older (8 and 5) so that may work better than with a 3 year old though!

But whether they enforce the rules, we'll still be wearing masks indoors since they're not vaccinated, optional for my wife and I - but we'll wear them so it feels less awkward for them :)

Don't want to start a debate, but those are the actual rules (mask optional for vaccinated guests - which my kids are not).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter