Cheerful Goodbye to 2020 and Optimistic Hello to 2021! Video Trip Report - Updated July 26th 2021

Chapter 19: Festival of the Holidays

We start to enjoy the Festival of the Holidays a bit early (before lines got too crazy) and started at the Bavarian Cafe. We got a little bit of everything, especially the drinks :) Mom had ordered the riesling but we had been given the hot wine, how we didn't know when we grabbed it I am not sure but it definitely was a shock to mom when she first took sip. It was very good and tasty just a little weird to drink in the Florida heat! We loved almost all of the food we got from this booth, only one plate was just okay - not great but not bad either.

We then headed over to Italy to try the Tuscany pavilion food because I was really wanted a margarita and they had a lemoncello margarita there. We ordered, yet again, one of everything and this time everything was SO good! All the food was delicious and the drinks were super delicious as well. The best part about EPCOT is always the food from around the world.

Next up was to get another cookie pitstop on our cookie stroll and this time it was the Chocolate Crinkle Cookie. Little did we know how much mother would enjoy this cookie. She would not stop ranting and raving about it all day and rightfully so, it was SO good! It had like sugar crystals on the outside and the powdered sugar MM MM MMMMM. We may have came back a few times throughout the day :)

After our tasting hour, we wanted to now travel through the world, in style! We headed over to the Land pavilion and waited in line for Soarin. Even though the line wasn't very long, it just seemed like it took forever. I am not sure if it was because we were tired or if there just wasn't much to entertain us but it seemed like it took forever! But, even with that line it still was an awesome experience that we all loved, even if Clint is a little afraid of heights lol

Since we were on a world tour, we thought we might as well travel back in time to see where we came from and where we are going ;) That's right, it is time for Spaceship Earth! A great ride to rest our feet as well as take a quick nap if needed hehe. It was such a great early afternoon had in EPCOT and we got a lot accomplished!

Chapter 20: Space and Imagination Make For A Great Combo

We continue our incredible ride escapade and head over to Mission Space. I was a bit nervous for this ride for Clint and Mom since the ride can sometimes take some people out (motion sickness and what not) so we decided to stay safe and go on the green side. It was a great decision but Clint and Mom did say that they would go on the orange side next time so we will definitely see if they actually do that lol.

After that ride we were starting to get a bit tired and our legs and feet were hurting by this point. So we decided to head back to the World Showcase to get another cookie for our cookie stroll (the peppermint one) and just sat around for a bit to enjoy the music and people watching. The cookie was super yummy but I definitely wish there was more of a peppermint flavor; however, I do love peppermint so it probably was fine to most. We were also trying to snag a last minute dinner reservation since it was New Years Eve and wanted to do something a little special but I am sure you can guess that we were not the most successful in trying to get a last minute ressie.

After a bit of a break we headed over to the Seas to see Nemo and friends! Clint got to experience the best song on property, the Big Blue World!! It is such a staple in my family to sing the song and we will constantly call each other just to sing it to each other haha.

After Nemo, we were walking pass Journey into Imagination and I remember having riding this quite a while ago but didn't really remember how it went. We weren't quite sure what it was going to be and the line seemed super short so we decided why not. Well, let me tell you, the ending of that ride scared ALL of us to our core! I did not remember the wall falling with the loud push of air/noise. Be prepared to hear a loud scream if you watch the vlog because we were not ready!

Chapter 13: Magic Kingdom, Hooray!!

The day is finally HERE! We are going to my favorite place in the whole world, the place where I feel the most happy - Magic Kingdom! It was really weird to me this trip to not go to Magic Kingdom first as that has been a personal tradition I have done every trip ever; however, I am just so glad we finally are going and that it is open pretty late, compared to the other parks. We tried to get up as early as possible but due to the previous two early mornings, most of us were a little sluggish and tired. Have no fear though! We still were on the bus ready to roll and ready to take on our day of magic.

We got to the park before park opening but people had been allowed to enter for quite a while now. We were going to head over to Seven Dwarves as we figured it couldn't be that long right?? WRONG! It was all the way wrapped around the mountain and almost back towards the entrance, so we decided to knock out some family favorites.

We headed over to Tomorrowland to start the day off with a little Space Mountain (a family favorite) and boy did it wake all of us up! We had Clint sit in the front since he has never rode before and wouldn't know what to expect at all. He LOVED it! He isn't a very "emotional" person but he did express great love for the ride. We also walked all the way on pretty much, no line that was memorable at least :).

We then decided to get some competition out of the way with Buzz Lightyear. Needless to say I won by a large margin - one of my hidden talents is being great at that ride LOL. Another ride with barely a line and another ride that was loved by all, even the sore losers.

By this point we had been up for a while and people were already starting to crash a bit since energy was running on fumes. We made a quick stop at the Outpost across from Pecos Bills to get people some coffee to wake them up and lift spirits as high as we could. This definitely helped as many people's energy skyrocketed and were finally ready for the full day!

And now, the moment I have been waiting for since we stepped foot inside the Magic Kingdom, Splash Mountain time!! This is my all time favorite ride and I LOVE the hill that is in the complete dark, it seriously makes me so happy and I could ride it just for that hill alone. We did get pretty wet which was another lovely burst of energy for the crowd.

I can't love this one any more! Makes me beyond excited to be there in two weeks---eeeeeeeekkkk!!!

AHHH i am SO excited for you!! How long will you be there?! Where are you staying!? EEEKKKKKK
Eeeeekkkkk, I know, right?! We'll be there from June 7-13, staying at the Boardwalk on rented DVC points. Sooo excited! It's why I'm loving your vidoes so much; we're staying at that beautiful area. You and your crew are awesome, wish you all were coming too! Looks like you make everything a party :) I love your positive energy too!!!

Hey Zac! Question for you: can you find out what kind of sneakers your mom and Brenae brought?? We leave Saturday and I have my Keen sandals, but am at a loss for sneakers----I'm not finding any kind that my feet like. (I tried two different pairs of Skechers, but no dice). I would appreciate the info, thanks SO much!

Eeeeekkkkk, I know, right?! We'll be there from June 7-13, staying at the Boardwalk on rented DVC points. Sooo excited! It's why I'm loving your vidoes so much; we're staying at that beautiful area. You and your crew are awesome, wish you all were coming too! Looks like you make everything a party :) I love your positive energy too!!!
Hey Zac! Question for you: can you find out what kind of sneakers your mom and Brenae brought?? We leave Saturday and I have my Keen sandals, but am at a loss for sneakers----I'm not finding any kind that my feet like. (I tried two different pairs of Skechers, but no dice). I would appreciate the info, thanks SO much!
Omg I am SO excited for you!! We LOVE the Boardwalk so much and I hope you do as well. We always try to bring the fun in any situation so I am glad it transfers to the videos! My mom (I believe) bought some Nike Revolution running shoes and also had a back up of inserts in case she needed them. I can double check and see what she says! Brenae wore all sorts of different shoes lol. She was more about making sure they matched her outfit than for comfort

Oh thanks for the information! Yes, your posts/vlogs are just everything---what a fun, fun group. Your fun definitely transfers to videos, LOL. Can I ask one more question? When Clint got your Boarding Group for Rise Of The Resistance, where did he do it from? Just inside the hotel room? I'm wondering where the best place to be at the Boardwalk to do it? Again, thanks for answering my questions, you are beyond awesome. Looking forward to more of your trip!! Oh, and I died laughing over your scream at Journey Into Imagination!

Oh thanks for the information! Yes, your posts/vlogs are just everything---what a fun, fun group. Your fun definitely transfers to videos, LOL. Can I ask one more question? When Clint got your Boarding Group for Rise Of The Resistance, where did he do it from? Just inside the hotel room? I'm wondering where the best place to be at the Boardwalk to do it? Again, thanks for answering my questions, you are beyond awesome. Looking forward to more of your trip!! Oh, and I died laughing over your scream at Journey Into Imagination!
We were just in our room! I believe he was off wifi and I tried while we were on wifi. We just did all the tips we had read about online and both tried at the exact same time. Hope you are having an AMAZING trip so far!! Please let me know how everything is and how much you love the boardwalk!

Thank you! Just stepped on the Magical Express, whooooohoooo!!! You are awesome, thank you for all your help :)

Oh my gosh! Just got Boarding Group 46!!!! I felt the need to share this, lol. Thank you for all your advice and help!!!! Going to be a good day :)

Chapter 21: New Years Eve at EPCOT!

We decided to stop obsessing over getting a reservation for dinner and decided to just get some quick service food. I got the amazing nachos from the quick service restaurant in the Mexico area of the World Showcase. We then headed to the American area so mom and Clint could get the Regal Eagle as they wanted some yummy bbq. Clint got the BBQ burger that looked amazing and mom got pulled pork, garlic bread and some yummy mac n cheese. All the food was super delicious and we really enjoyed everything on our plate.

After dinner, we had to revisit a few places we already had been to so we could get a crinkle cookie again for mother dearest and also finish out our cookie stroll. We went over to Frozen Ever After again because the line was not long at all, about 35 minutes, and we just had to do it again. It also is moms favorite ride so she was super excited to be able to ride it again with a short line. After Frozen, we decided to head over to Test Track again to get some thrill and fast moving going on, and Clint really loved that ride so we said why not.

We had time for one more ride so we said, why not lets go over to Soarin again as our last ride for 2020. We still had about 30 minutes before EPCOT closed so we decided to head to the France pavilion to get a cookie and a nice drink. We got a blue cosmo (and it was super strong) and a black and white cookie that was super good. I then ran to the front of the World Showcase to get our free cookie because we HAD to get the free cookie, why else would we have done the stroll!?

EPCOT closed at 10:00 pm so we headed back to the Boardwalk to just chill out and ring in the new year together. We went to the general store and got some bottles of wine (that actually wasn't too expensive) to enjoy in the room. Unfortunately, Clint started to feel really bad, he thinks it may have been food poisoning, and we were asleep before it even hit midnight, hehe.

Chapter 22: Back to the Studios!

After a wonderful New Years Eve, it was time to celebrate New Years Day at Hollywood Studios! We woke up early (even though it was super tough getting out of bed) and got an amazing boarding group, got ready and headed over to Hollywood Studios. When getting the boarding group, mom wasn't apart of our group but i had read to not worry about that and just keep going to get the boarding group. We got boarding group 9 so that was a super nice surprise early in the morning as well.

We got there right before they started letting people in to the park and decided to head straight to Tower of Terror because during this trip they were loading the cars super low capacity and the line never really moved. Since it was so early we barely had to wait and decided to ride it twice (wanted to make sure mom was super happy:)).

Mom and Clint got some Joffreys coffee to wake up just a little bit. They need their caffeine to wake up in the morning, I am more of a natural caffeinated person hehe. The park was not super busy which is what we expected since we figured most people would go to Magic Kingdom for New Years Day.

Our boarding group was called and it was super cool because the line we went through was super short and super different than the other line we walked through the other day. We were all super excited to be riding this ride again, especially since we knew kinda what to expect and wasn't just going in blind.

After Rise of the Resistance, we headed over to Smugglers Run to test our luck again and switch up the assignments we all had so we could try a different thing out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter