Mask up buttercup! We're going to Walt Disney World! A 15 day trip like no other! UPDATED x lots 9/10!

You know I'm here for this fun ride! Gosh, it feels like ages since I've read a TR!!!

I'm ready for another report!!
OMG Hunter is married! I remember him barely starting High School.
Can't wait to hear what you did this time at Disney

I am here for your new report! I have read along with a couple of your other ones, but haven't commented before. I can't wait to hear about this new adventure!

Wait...what! Hunter is married??!! Congrats on the newest member to your family! So exciting! cant wait to read along on another great trip report.

Hey Lisa, so glad to see you back! I love all your trip reports so am looking forward to reading about your adventures.

Joining in for the adventures! Chalk me up as another Diser who has to content herself with living vicariously through other's travels. Really hoping I make it back down in 2021!

OMG I can't wait to follow along! Dang COVID-19 stopped us from what was to be an annual trek to see the Duck!!! We got home from our 3 week trip last January just as the proverbial poop hit the fan. We have no idea when our next trip might be, heck we've not even left our own city since mid February 🙃

Welcome! I'm so glad that you are here! You barely made it home before the shutdown!

I look forward to tagging along on your next trip report.

Welcome! Welcome!

This looks like is going to be fun, only way we can do Disney now is vicariously through others.

Glad to have you here! I did that same thing for months.

Always love your reports. Can't wait to see how this adventure turns out!

Thanks for joining in! I'm excited to share!

Looking forward to it, Lisa. I miss Disney so much.

So glad that you are here! I'm missing it already too!

Hi Lisa! I'm looking forward to reading about your adventure! I'm heading down the end of January with my hubby and meeting up with some members of our agency. Funny how so many of us on the DIS have taken the same path! :earsgirl:

Welcome! I'm envious that you are going to Disney soon! I love what I do and I know that you do too!

Right on! With an intro like that I must follow along!

Welcome aboard! We are a silly family and I love every minute of it.

Yay! So glad to see you here again.

Welcome! I'm glad to be back!

Yay!! Love following along on your trip reports!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Welcome! You can't imagine how much I appreciate you!

Definitely will be following! I've read many of your TR's and am excited to follow along again!

Thanks so much for joining in on another report!

Following, so glad you are back!!! I love your trip reports!

I am glad to be back and happy to have you here!

Following along!

Thanks so much for joining in!

Can’t wait to read more!

Welcome aboard! Another update is coming soon!

So excited to follow along!

Happy to have you here!

I'm here! Can't wait to read about it! And that picture of you looking for Bigfoot almost made me spit out my cereal!

Clare! John said that I'd never find him looking in the opposite direction of the sign.

I have seen your name pop up on these boards, and it is great to read about your travels! Thanks for sharing! :thanks:

Welcome! I am glad to have you here!

So excited to see another trip report!

Welcome aboard!

looking forward to following along.

Hello and welcome!

Joining in..we are going in in 6 days..but who’s counting..lol.

Six days? I'm so jealous!

You know I'm here for this fun ride! Gosh, it feels like ages since I've read a TR!!!

Welcome! It feels like years since I've written one. (even though it hasn't been)

I'm ready for another report!!
OMG Hunter is married! I remember him barely starting High School.
Can't wait to hear what you did this time at Disney

Welcome! I can hardly believe that he's married. He found a wonderful girl and we love her like a daughter!

I am here for your new report! I have read along with a couple of your other ones, but haven't commented before. I can't wait to hear about this new adventure!

Welcome! Please please feel free to comment and not just read.

Excited to join in on one of your trip reports again

So glad to have you join in for another report!

Looking forward to more!

Welcome! So glad to have you here!!!!

Wait...what! Hunter is married??!! Congrats on the newest member to your family! So exciting! cant wait to read along on another great trip report.

Welcome! I know....it's hard to believe that he's married! Thankfully, his wife fits right in with our family.

Hey Lisa, so glad to see you back! I love all your trip reports so am looking forward to reading about your adventures.

Hey!!!! Welcome!

Joining in for the adventures! Chalk me up as another Diser who has to content herself with living vicariously through other's travels. Really hoping I make it back down in 2021!

Thank you so much for joining in! I had to do that same thing for eleven months and it was tough!

Give me more! Give me more! More details please!

As I am sure most of you are, I'm a planner. I've got my notebook with a first draft, second draft, scratch that, third draft...who am I kidding? I have probably ten drafts of our itinerary by the time the fine tuning is done. About two, maybe three weeks prior to our departure, all our plans were made and all I had to do was start packing.

Then Disney had a major dining glitch. A glitch that threw a hugely huge monkey wrench into our plans. I found out about it as I was walking around Walmart looking for birthday gifts for my niece and nephew. My phone rang and it was from a 407 number so I immediately answered. I ain't gonna lie, I was kinda sorta hoping that I was getting a call to say "Guess what? We are moving you to a deluxe resort 'cause you're celebrating your anniversary!" (not that I really thought they'd do that but a girl can dream) Imagine my surprise when the cast member informed me that three of our dining reservations weren't really dining reservations. They went bye bye. Poof! Gone!

oh no.gif

The cast member was super nice and said that we would be receiving a $25 per cancellation gift card. She offered to help me look for replacement reservations but, like I said, I was in Walmart on a Friday afternoon, in the toy department, a month and a half before Christmas, so I told her that I appreciated the call and I'd just try to book other reservations later that evening.

I went home and immediately started looking for reservations. We now had nowhere to eat dinner on Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving 2020.jpg

That was the only reservation that I was really worried about. The others weren't that big of a deal. I finally found something (I'm going to hold of on telling what I found until later in the report), clickedy clicked booked the reservation. I reworked our itinerary and was done.

Before I move on to the next update, I'll provide some of the details of the trip.

Travelers: The love birds a/k/a John and Lisa
Dates: November 13th through November 28th (possibly 29th)
How are we getting there?: By car and covering 815 miles one way
Where were we staying?: Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

**Up next: Gathering stuff! Lots of stuff!

Last edited:
Gathering stuff! Lots of stuff!

Covid 19 has changed the world. Its changed the way we live and the way we plan things. That's putting it mildly! In the grand scheme of things, I was very very lucky to be planning a trip to anywhere much less Disney. Believe me when I tell you that I knew it was a blessing that John and I were able to travel.

We needed this trip for our mental health. You see, I am the primary caretaker for my mother. Don't get me wrong, she is in good health for a soon to be 87 year old. But, she doesn't drive any more and she needs both knees replaced and uses a walker. So, I do all of her grocery shopping, help her with all of her banking, and pre-pandemic, I took her out to run her errands. Due to the pandemic, she hasn't gotten out of her house maybe four times with one of those being a trip to the doctor for medication refills. Well, I take that back, she does sometimes come to Sunday dinner but that's just walking across the yard to our house so I don't count that.

If you think that it is tough to stay at home during all of this, think about how it effects a senior's mental health. A person who was already a loner and didn't get out much but now knows that they can't get out. I've spent hours and hours at her house trying to keep her mentally healthy through it all (and still am). And, at one time, she had her meds messed up and my sisters and I decided that I needed to bring it all to my house. Now I am also in charge of keeping her pill minders filled on a weekly basis. John is her handyman for anything and everything and he maintains the upkeep on her large yard. Keeping a strong upper lip is tough so this trip was definitely needed. We said if Disney closed again, we were going somewhere even if that meant getting in the car and driving to different destinations for two whole weeks. By golly, we were getting away from home.

Thankfully, I have always been one to keep hand sanitizer on hand. (I just realized that I made a funny....hand sanitizer on hand. :teeth:) For this trip, though, I had to think bit differently. I always have Blistex with me. Not the tube kind but the little round tub kind. How was that gonna work? I didn't want to be putting my fingers in the tub and rubbing it on my lips all the time. So, I started buying a few other lip balms to try out none of which I liked other than my tried and true Blistex in the round container. Call me odd but I like the burn when I put it on.
IMG_7114.JPEG

For the last few years, we have taken a small ice chest with us and had picnic lunches and dinner along the way. This year, that would be even more important because we wanted to keep our distance from others and really didn't want to be visiting too many fast food restaurants (if they would even be open). I gathered drinks, snacks, etc. for those picnics. The cute little fox napkins and plates came from the baby shower that we had for my niece and her husband who were expecting their first child. (it was held outside with social distancing)
IMG_7115.JPEG

I also bought some Thanksgiving decorations to put in our resort window, pulled out our hanging organizers, dirty clothes bags, etc., and put them all on the bed in our "heirloom" room.

IMG_7116.JPEG

And, very importantly, I bought John new pill minders, and cleaning/disinfecting supplies, many of which took me several weeks to find. See the black elderberry gummies? We have been taking those for months and months as they are suppose to help your immune system.

IMG_7117.JPEG

The weekend before our trip, I really began going through our clothes, taking inventory of what we had, etc. When I was going through my clothes to pack for the trip, I found a shirt that I had bought several months back. It was too big for me but I didn't want it to go to waste. I reached out to one of the ladies who works with Lacey and asked if she or her mom wanted it. They were going to Disney too so maybe one of them could wear it. They wanted it so I snapped a pic and sent it to work with Lacey.
IMG_7118.JPEG

While I was getting things together and organized, John was doing what he always does before we travel. He was washing and cleaning the car from top to bottom. You can't go on a trip in a dirty car. You just can't. He wipes down every single inch of the inside and out.

IMG_7119.JPEG

IMG_7121.JPEG

The weekend was soon over and we were off to work those five long days. Two days before our trip, John left me this note. He may not look like a mushy sweet kinda guy but he is. He leaves me a note almost every single day.

IMG_7128.JPEG

The time to leave was getting closer and closer!

**Up next: Thank gosh it's Friday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter