Mask up buttercup! We're going to Walt Disney World! A 15 day trip like no other! UPDATED x lots 9/10!

mickeystoontown

DIS Veteran
Allow me to introduce myself..ourselves...us

I joined the Disboards in 2006 and started writing reports soon after. Over the years, I’ve chronicled our journeys several times over and I’ve met and made many dear friends and hope to make many more. When I joined, I had no clue that my writing reports and sharing my love for Disney with others would still be going strong years later. But, here I am and here you are. Having said that, I have been so busy that I haven't written a full report in a couple of years. I certainly intend to finish this one! I'm missing the Disboards and interacting with everybody so much.

I don't include just the "good stuff" in my trip reports. I tell it like it is. If we had a crappy experience, I'm going to tell y'all. If we have an excellent experience, you'll hear all about it as well. I mean what kind of trip report writer would I be if I only wrote about the good stuff? What good would that do for others who use trip reports as a planning tool?

So who are the cast members of this trip report? First, there’s me. My name is Lisa a/k/a mickeystoontown. I'm a full time paralegal in a law office that specializes in family law. I’ve often said that I want to be something else when I grow up and I finally took the plunge, and I turned my Disney passion into a business and became a travel advisor specializing in Disney vacations. After having made 20+ trips to Walt Disney World with my family, I figured why not put my “boots on the ground” experience to good use and start helping people make their dream vacations come true? In my spare time (like I have any...), I like to sew, cook, spend time with my family and pretty much anything that involves being outdoors.

ride em.jpg

I've been married to my husband, John, for 36 years. John is a master craftsman specializing in custom cabinets and furniture. Give that man a saw, hammer and a piece of wood and he can make anything you want. He started making cigar box guitars a couple of years ago and he does an awesome job. We also have an Etsy shop for our woodworking projects and his guitars. John has epilepsy which means our every day life can be turned upside in the blink of an eye. You never know when it will rear its ugly stupid head. Even after almost 30 years, we are still learning to adjust.

ride.jpg

We are the proud parents of two beautiful children (Lacey and Hunter), an amazing son-in-law (Jesse), and a wonderful daughter-in-law (Tabitha). We love getting together as a family, and have continued to be very careful during the pandemic so that we could (and can) continue to do so and because my 86 (almost 87) year old mother could still see her grandchildren. Most of our gatherings are outside...in the dang Louisiana heat..

1 all.jpg

2 all.jpg

We are also parents to four pets...two indoors dogs, one outdoor dog and one cat. I have pictures of all four but a quick search on my phone only turned up these two. Beaker (the white and brown) and Scamp (the black one) are brothers by the same mother and are total opposites.
pups.jpg

In 2020, we began taking monthly road trips and continued that into 2021. And, then, you all know where this is heading. COVID-19 struck. The pandemic has kept us from our monthly road trips but we still made a few the majority of which (some were prior pandemic) included social distancing, masks (when they started recommending them and then when mandatory) and lots and lots of hand sanitizer. We traveled to Branson, Missouri over the July 4th holiday and were the only witnesses to Hunter and Tabitha's wedding. We took a couple of trips to Hot Springs, Arkansas and explored both the outdoors and flea markets. All road trips are budget friendly so that we can take our annual trip to Walt Disney World.

together.jpg

us.jpg

me 1.jpg

branson.jpg

As you can clearly see, we are a fun lovin' goofy family and I'm proud of it. Who wants to be serious and stoic all the time? Not us!

There you have it guys and gals. This is us and this is my trip report. I'll be saving the next post for chapter links and will then move on to more trip details.

I hope that you will all speak up and post often. A trip report isn't quite as fun if you just read along and don't join in on the comments. After all, that's how I became friend with so many of my fellow Disers.

Up next: Give me more! Give me more! More details please!

Last edited:
OMG I can't wait to follow along! Dang COVID-19 stopped us from what was to be an annual trek to see the Duck!!! We got home from our 3 week trip last January just as the proverbial poop hit the fan. We have no idea when our next trip might be, heck we've not even left our own city since mid February 🙃

This looks like is going to be fun, only way we can do Disney now is vicariously through others.

Hi Lisa! I'm looking forward to reading about your adventure! I'm heading down the end of January with my hubby and meeting up with some members of our agency. Funny how so many of us on the DIS have taken the same path! :earsgirl:

Definitely will be following! I've read many of your TR's and am excited to follow along again!

I'm here! Can't wait to read about it! And that picture of you looking for Bigfoot almost made me spit out my cereal!

As you can clearly see, we are a fun lovin' goofy family and I'm proud of it. Who wants to be serious and stoic all the time? Not us!

There you have it guys and gals. This is us and this is my trip report. I'll be saving the next post for chapter links and will then move on to more trip details.

I hope that you will all speak up and post often. A trip report isn't quite as fun if you just read along and don't join in on the comments. After all, that's how I became friend with so many of my fellow Disers.

Up next: Give me more! Give me more! More details please!

I have seen your name pop up on these boards, and it is great to read about your travels! Thanks for sharing! :thanks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!