Mask suggestions?

Jennasis

DIS life goes on
I currently have some masks that friends graciously made for us, and I am forever grateful! However, I am looking for something a bit more comfortable since I will be wearing them all day at work, and when we shop and such. Any suggestions for Etsy sellers or on Amazon? Prefer the ones that are "cutback" under the eyes for improved vision and won't ride up into my eyes, and won't slip down under your nose when speaking (maybe it needs the wire over the nose?).

Comfort is important!

A wire on the nose piece does help. I'm thinking for comfort, you probably want one with straps that go around the back of your head and not around your ears.

I currently have some masks that friends graciously made for us, and I am forever grateful! However, I am looking for something a bit more comfortable since I will be wearing them all day at work, and when we shop and such. Any suggestions for Etsy sellers or on Amazon? Prefer the ones that are "cutback" under the eyes for improved vision and won't ride up into my eyes, and won't slip down under your nose when speaking (maybe it needs the wire over the nose?).

Comfort is important!
For crowded venues, I use a real 3M N95 respirator mask with two bands completely around the head. For lesser stuff, I use Chinese KN95 masks which have earloops. Both have the metal nose wire.

The real N95 (which you can't buy) has a nice tight seal on my face, but seriously constricts incoming air. The KN95 does a good job of restricting air flow, but fits looser and sometimes fogs my sunglasses (translation: is not fitted properly). I could adjust the KN95, but if I'm going somewhere I think fit is important, I just wear the real deal.

If you have the mask on properly, it will not slip off your nose when you talk. That is a mask that is WAY too loose, and also lacks a nose wire. The mask should fit across the middle of the bridge of your nose, not on the tip where it can fall off.

For crowded venues, I use a real 3M N95 respirator mask with two bands completely around the head. For lesser stuff, I use Chinese KN95 masks which have earloops. Both have the metal nose wire.

The real N95 (which you can't buy) has a nice tight seal on my face, but seriously constricts incoming air. The KN95 does a good job of restricting air flow, but fits looser and sometimes fogs my sunglasses (translation: is not fitted properly). I could adjust the KN95, but if I'm going somewhere I think fit is important, I just wear the real deal.

If you have the mask on properly, it will not slip off your nose when you talk. That is a mask that is WAY too loose, and also lacks a nose wire. The mask should fit across the middle of the bridge of your nose, not on the tip where it can fall off.

Just looking for a cloth type mask. I have an N95 I use when I'm stacking hay.

My sister bought some on Etsy that she likes. I think you just need to look at the photos and find a shape and fabric that you like. I've also learned that it's best to hand wash fabric masks. The washer was leaving ours in a twisted mess. Now I wash them in the sink and hang them in the shower to dry.

I've been making masks for my family. I found a pattern and kept modifying it until I liked the look and the fit. I had everyone try one on to make sure we could all use the same size. Now I'm just churning them out to build up our stock. DH has to go back to work on Monday and will be wearing them. DS will need a supply for college in the fall. I'm sure I will need them to work at my school in the fall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter