• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marriott Orlando World Center or Gaylord Palms?

Going to add on to this in case anyone is looking for info on MWC. Pool is now closed through August 31st. I have a sneaking suspicion that in a few weeks we will see that it is closed through September 30th...

You might want to check out the latest reviews of Gaylord on Tripadvisor. It sounds like they are understaffed and they are charging for pool chairs?

You might want to check out the latest reviews of Gaylord on Tripadvisor. It sounds like they are understaffed and they are charging for pool chairs?
I just looked again and all of the negative reviews were taken down. It really irks me that a hotel can pay TA to take them down.

Also, as a general update, MWC now clearly states on the Bonvoy app that pools are closed, which they should have done for months. The new date is now September 3rd, but I have my suspicions that in a couple of weeks we will see another “new date.”

Anyone been to the Marriott World Center recently and can confirm if the pools have reopened?
I have not been recently, but it appears as if they’re putting construction updates on their web site now prior to your stay. Depending on your dates, certain things may be closed. I can’t confirm, though, as I haven’t been.

Anyone been to the Marriott World Center recently and can confirm if the pools have reopened?

There is July and were not open. The slides were open and I think kids splash area but the whole thing was a big mess with walls.

The adult pool they are converting I think to lazy river etc is not due to open until next year. The main pool was an "unplanned" event but pretty major. Right now website says closed Oct 11- 21.

I looked on their Facebook page and saw this " We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and frustration this may have caused you. Our Falls pool has since reopened at the beginning of September, yet needs to undergo filtration repairs and will be closed again from October 11-22. Our indoor pool and kids splash zone will be open during the Falls Pool closure." 😒 Not very affirming of it's repairs being done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter