Marriott Imperial Palms, car??

rmclain73

Mouseketeer
Just got matched with Marriott Imperial Palms through Interval for next April. There will be a total of 8 of us, 2 families. Debating on if we should rent cars, or just plan to use rideshares. We will do Disney for 4 days, and Universal for 2. From a price standpoint I don't see much difference once you factor in all costs. I realize the convenience of having your own car, but this being our first time off property maybe there is something I am missing? We will use grocery delivery services prior to arriving, and we eat mostly in the parks.

If the price is about the same, then rent the cars. The added freedom will make things much easier. No waiting, no trying to figure out if that is your rideshare. Just jump in and go. Have you considered parking fees at the parks into your math?

If the price is about the same, then rent the cars. The added freedom will make things much easier. No waiting, no trying to figure out if that is your rideshare. Just jump in and go. Have you considered parking fees at the parks into your math?
I have and that actually makes renting a car a bit more. It also makes it more of a pain in my opinion having to park at the parks.

When we stayed at Sabal Palms we rented a car, but that was in the pre-Uber days. If we're offsite, we generally rent a car. I figure if we're saving x dollars by being off-site than the rental is fine.

When we stayed at Sabal Palms we rented a car, but that was in the pre-Uber days. If we're offsite, we generally rent a car. I figure if we're saving x dollars by being off-site than the rental is fine.
We are choosing to stay offsite for the space, and because I am using this as an exchange through interval. Maybe living in the city has gotten our group of travelers so used to using ridesahre that we think of that before car rental? I was speaking with some neighbors of our last week and they just stayed at Marriott Grand Vista and used rideshare the entire week and said they had no issues.

Last edited:
Imperial Palms is VERY VERY close to Disney Parks and property. Your ride share costs should not be bad at all. You are a bit farther to Universal but if only doing 2 days it wouldn't be too bad. At all but MK ride share will get you much closer to the parks. Unless you need a car not sure it would be worth it.

Grande Vista is much more in the middle of the two parks but World Center is our favorite. We've stayed Imperial a few times and Sabal a few times - going back in December. Have stayed Grand Vista a few times but not one I'd go back to.

I'd lean towards a car, only because it minimizes the "emotional friction" of running out to get <whatever> or eat <wherever> if you decide you need or want to. I usually order grocery delivery and plan to eat in the parks. But I always forget something or underestimate how much of <something> we will need. Likewise, there is the inevitable evening when we all sort of look at each other and decide that no, we'd rather not go back to the parks because we are all a bit burned out. You can spend that night eating at a restaurant in the resort, but maybe you want to duck out and go somewhere else.

I've also had some frustrating waits for rideshares in other cities recently, and my tolerance for that while on vacation gets pretty short pretty quickly.

I'd lean towards a car, only because it minimizes the "emotional friction" of running out to get <whatever> or eat <wherever> if you decide you need or want to. I usually order grocery delivery and plan to eat in the parks. But I always forget something or underestimate how much of <something> we will need. Likewise, there is the inevitable evening when we all sort of look at each other and decide that no, we'd rather not go back to the parks because we are all a bit burned out. You can spend that night eating at a restaurant in the resort, but maybe you want to duck out and go somewhere else.

I've also had some frustrating waits for rideshares in other cities recently, and my tolerance for that while on vacation gets pretty short pretty quickly.

This, I forgot to bring a bag of hair ties with us and I couldn't find any in the gift shop. My mom was staying in an offsite timeshare with a rental car so on her way in to the parks she stopped at a CVS and picked up some for me.

Just got matched with Marriott Imperial Palms through Interval for next April. There will be a total of 8 of us, 2 families. Debating on if we should rent cars, or just plan to use rideshares. We will do Disney for 4 days, and Universal for 2. From a price standpoint I don't see much difference once you factor in all costs. I realize the convenience of having your own car, but this being our first time off property maybe there is something I am missing? We will use grocery delivery services prior to arriving, and we eat mostly in the parks.
The answer really comes down to how comfortable everyone in your party is with ridesharing. It isn't always a perfectly smooth experience.

Of course, driving around in a strange city isn't always a smooth experience, either.

I've not stayed at the Imperial Palms. At some timeshare resorts, you might be a long, long walk from your unit to where you can get an Uber. They are designed for people driving.

If I were taking my parents to the parks, I would rent a car. If my kids were still little, I would rent a car.

With my family and older kids, could go the Uber route, but my wife would probably want us to rent a car.

It's a vacation, so my advice is to go with the method with the least amount of stress for everyone in the group.

I've not stayed at the Imperial Palms. At some timeshare resorts, you might be a long, long walk from your unit to where you can get an Uber. They are designed for people driving
As an FYI, Marriott World Center is not gated. Imperial Palms is by the front of the property's main entrance. Rideshare can come in and pull right up to the building. (Imperial is a single small building)

It's a vacation, so my advice is to go with the method with the least amount of stress for everyone in the group.
ALWAYS THIS ^ Whatever works for YOU! is the right way for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter