Marriott Harbour Lake or Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World?

bizer

Earning My Ears
Wondering if anyone has stayed at both of these properties and could offer some advise. We are looking for a nice resort to stay for 3 nights while we go to Sea World & Discovery Cove. I know Harbour Lake is further away but we will have a rental so the drive does not concern us. Pools are not a big concern since we will be going in December. Any recommendations between the two? Are there other resorts we should look at instead?

I haven't stayed at that particular HGVC, but I've stayed at the Hilton grand parc soleil and also the location on I-drive. Both were beautiful and spacious. I preferred parc soleil because it's newer and I liked the decor better, but they were both nice. I'm sure the SW location is as well.

We've stayed on the Hilton Grand Vacation Club at SeaWorld on a couple occasions. Always very clean, friendly, well organized with large rooms and wonderful pool area our kids love.

if you have small children then the Marriott

otherwise the Hilton - believe me once you can walk back and forth to both SW and DC - you will be happy

It's been a long time since I've stayed at the Hilton, but I do remember liking it. The only thing I disliked was that, at least at that time, the pools were unheated. Since you don't plan on swimming, this should be a non-issue for you.

I've stayed at the Marriott many times. I really like that resort. It's one of my off property favorites. I've never used the facilities much, but I really like the nautical theme of the room. The staff has also been very helpful, friendly and accommodating during our visits.

When I've stayed at either, proximity to Sea World was not a consideration, so I can't comment on that.

I've stayed at both. If you have small children go with Harbor Lake. If not, go with the Hilton. They are both nice resorts. If you have specific comparisons that you are looking for just let me know.

Thanks everyone. We shortened our stay to 2 nights so we went with the Hilton for convenience and the Sea World perks. I was also able to get a great rate there.

Updating this thread for those interested, I've stayed at HGV SW twice in the past year. Really enjoyed it both times, though as an earlier poster mentioned the unheated pool is a factor over Spring Break (very cool when we were there this past year) or in the winter months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter