Marriott Grande Vista offer - a good deal?

swimmom

Mouseketeer
I have an offer to do a three night package at the Grande Vista for $349 for a 2 bedroom villa. Of course it includes the mandatory 90 minute presentation. I also get $100 ticket voucher (not sure what type of tickets I can buy with this!!) I don't mind doing the time share presentation - we often take afternoons off to have a little r&r so I can certainly plan around this.

Should I go for it or check out something else?? I'd love some advice.

I went last month..GO! It's so awesome!! The presentation is like talking to a good friend, low key, comfortable. I didn't need the ticket voucher because we have APs so I asked for Marriott Money instead. They give you 4 $25 gcs that you can use at any Marriott. We used it on food and souvenirs.

Enjoy!

I got my deal on tug2.net. I had the one bedroom for $149. Worth every cent! :thumbsup2

Yes, they are. I stood on a line for the concierge while others turned them in.

Always let the salesperson who does the presentation for you know what you want the "award' for.

Robin

I'm staying at the Grand Vista next month for a week, but we're already Marriott T/S owners so we just traded into this resort, but I've heard nice things about it.

I think the price is a little pricey, but thats just me. We just went to Newport Beach on the CA coast and only paid $229 for 4 nights and it came with $175.00 voucher but we opted for Marriott points instead. There is a place on their website where you can see all the current offers to go and say in their villas and do the presentation. If I can locate the link I'll post it. We just signed up to do one in Arizona.

I am a Marriott member as well, and got the Marriott Vista for $116.00 a night in July. It came up while I was checking my point balance for a few nights to stay before we check into Saratoga - seems like this resort offers frequent promos to anyone, which is good. Anyway, no timeshare tour is necessary (this was important for us as we are DVC members and not interested in any other ones) with the promo rate that I got, but you also don't get the voucher, but sitting through a timeshare presentation is not of value to us, so you need to factor that into your decision.

Just wanted to let you know that this resort can be booked without a timeshare presentation as well for around the same price.

Happy travels to you and your family, Tiger

Well just to over complicate things - I went for a deal at Horizens for a 4 night deal for a 2 bedroom villa (same $100 ticket voucher) for $399. Thats $100 per night - add on 4 nights at the Polynesian and my crowd will be happy and I will have more money to spend at the Ferrragamo outlet on shoes!

Swimmom, this deal looks amazing. Can you please tell me how you found out about this as I would like to book it too!

I read about it on these boards!!! I contacted Marriott Vacation Club at -888-800-4352 and asked if they had any offers for my state.

Good luck

We got called and her doing a 5day/4nights at Grande Vista for $199 We had to put $99 down to hold and pay the other $100 when we book and we have a year to do it in with no blackout dates also if we want to take our in laws with us we can upgrade to a 2 bedroom villa for $199 more plus we get the $100 gift card and they said we could use it on dining or theme parks or we could get 7500 Marriott Reward Points but I don't think that would be worth it. We do have to the timeshare presentation for 90 minutes and they said the day before we leave. They also stated that it wasa presentation that was low keyed and family orientated and their will be no obligation and no pressure. So now just got to figure out when to go so complicated. We already have tickets to Disney World we would just have to get airfare which you can find cheap most of the time to orlando. But we already have to trips planned one to Atlantic City around the 4th of July (just me and hubby) and then his parents are taking us to Mall Of America the 1st week of August. Maybe Christmas

I am excited.

But I do think it was a good deal. They also said this was not available to the public that they called us because we stay at Marriott alot and are reward members.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter