Marriott Grand Vista-review

Connears

Connears
We 9DH and I)stayed here 6/21-6/25/06 while attending a conference at Orange County Convention Center. We were solicited to tour timeshare with rate of $199 for 4 nights(we upgraded to 1 bedroom villa for $149 more total). Let's start by saying we have been DVCmembers since 1994 at OKW and HHI since 2002 with many stays under our belts(also at BWV and BCV). We thought it was a good opportunity to try the offer out for the conference as we didn't want to waste DVC points for the conference. We have APs and went to parks after conference with DS(15).

POSITIVES:
Very convenient location on I-drive very near conference made for easy drive. Villa was very nice with full kitchen master bath with jacuzzi, washer/dryer screened in porch. That is really all the positives I can give.

NEGATIVES:
We checked-in and when we opened the door to our villa, it was totally uninhabitable! Ceiling in bathroom had caved in onto floor and shower,kitechen and bedrooms were dirty. I wouldn't have minded if there had been a housekeeping error, but this room should NOT have even been in the inventory. When we called the desk she forwarded me to the room assigner and she gave me a new villa, but I was told I could wait upto an hour for new keys and assist with luggage unless we wanted to go back to get the keys ourselves(which we did). The buildings are numbered differently from the rooms and it is very confusing(We were in building 98 but our room was 8207). They building all have outdoor hallways and only one elevator. Some building have luggage carts and others do not(our first did, but not the final one). So DH had to lug everything to 2nd floor. New villa was fine.

We asked to be directed to where we could rent dvds and 3 different people sent us to 3 different places!

Everyday there were huge garbage and linen carts in the parking areas which was really unattractive.

Addendum:
Other positives included $100 disney dollars for doing timeshare tour. Very low pressure tour which we of course did not buy. We also we given $50 resort dollars after we spoke to manager about check-in fiasco(which was not the reason we spoke to her, but we did accept it).

Nothing there prompted me to even think about buying there. We had great time at Ford's Colony Marriott in Williamsburg, but this was a far cry.

Glad to be DVC member!
Connears

We don't care for Marriott Grande Vista either. It's okay if you get a new or refurbished room, but the non refurbished ones are not too good.

We're DVC members also and we really like Marriott's Horizon resort and Marriott's Cypress Harbour. They are across the street from one another and we go back and forth between the two resorts.

We actually bought a Marriott resale after we got back from a stay at Marriott Horizons in Orlando. Marriott's Horizons resort is actually rated No. 5 on trip advisor and Cypress is rated No. 12 I think for overall popularity of Orlando resorts. Here's some pictures of Horizons from our trip (it had 2 pools with themed slides):

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/pictures?ap=&a=67b0de21b339407405f4&pg=5

Thanks for the reply. Our sales person really tried to downplay Horizon's indicating it was more for families with young kids. Oh well, not ready to make any purchases anyway. We will just enjoy DVC for now.
Connears

DVC really spoils us, doesn't it?;);)

I'm glad they moved you to a better unit - that's awful that the room was left in inventory.

I'm going to pop your review up to the Reviews Board, if that's okay:) Thanks for letting us know about your stay:)

:sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter