Marriot Fairfield Inn or Regal Sun Resort LBV?

Bigbluebear

Mouseketeer
Pretty much narrowed hotel choice down to one of these two.

Anybody stayed at either and able to give their opinion?

Stayed at Fairfield Inn 4 times, Regal Sun once (this August)

Fairfield Inn (rates paid £25-31/night), free wifi, free breakfast, fridge in room, shared facilities with other 2 hotels in the Marriott village, although had everything in FI without going to others. At busy times (Xmas, Easter etc) the traffic is a nightmare to get from here onto SR535 and into Disney, rest of year should be OK.

Regal Sun (rate paid £25/night) here there is a resort fee of $15/night unless you prepay in UK with a rate that includes it (ours did) the resort fee covers Wifi. We were upgraded to tower room with great views, I heard the motel style rooms we paid for are not as good. Great location, walk to DTD. We also had no hot water 1 day, no idea if this is regular.

For me it would be down to price, both are OK. If you are a breakfast eater FI has a nice basic selection, cereals, toast, etc. no good if you like a big breakfast,

Pics I uploaded. first 5 are FI, rest RSR.
Looking back at the pics I would say RSR had slightly bigger room and more luxurious, FI a little more basic but that was because of the upgrade to tower room.

IMG_4083.jpg

IMG_4081.jpg

IMG_4085.jpg

IMG_4080.jpg

IMG_4078.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

IMG_1911Medium.jpg

IMG_1912Medium.jpg

IMG_1914Medium.jpg

IMG_1916Medium.jpg

IMG_1919Medium.jpg

IMG_1980Medium.jpg

IMG_1978Medium.jpg

IMG_1974Medium.jpg

Ah your FI pics remind me of staying in my Best Man and Usher's room the night before my wedding!!

:goodvibes

Thanks wayne. I think it'll be the regal sun we go for.

However its globespan im looking at booking with and theres no mention of a resort fee on the website. You think it'll be included?

Its approx £350pp for 14nights.

Would it work out cheaper just tp book the flight and hotel seperate you think?

Best thing to do is price up flight only (some dates I just looked at they charged more for flights if no hotel is being booked)
Then price up flight and hotel, find out what the difference is for the hotel.

Then post your dates and the cost, I will have a quick look to see how much hotel is to book on its own. Date I just looked at for next August it would be about £10/night cheaper to book seperate.

As for resort fee you would have to contact them and ask.

Almost a year ago already.

Over a year ago!! And not a return trip to wdw in sight, although we did have a week in New York so I shouldn't complain and sneakily try to work on a trip to Orlando for the next summer holidays :)

:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter