Married Couple 30 wanting to stay at someplace different

sammi6

Walt Disney World is One of the Bare Necessities
:goodvibes My DH and I are going in Sep 2008 and are looking for someplace new to stay. We definitely don't want to stay as cheap as the All-Stars but the Resorts on the loop are too much for us. We are looking for places that we can be romantic and still go out to the bar before heading out to party for the evening. Any suggestion?

:goodvibes My DH and I are going in Sep 2008 and are looking for someplace new to stay. We definitely don't want to stay as cheap as the All-Stars but the Resorts on the loop are too much for us. We are looking for places that we can be romantic and still go out to the bar before heading out to party for the evening. Any suggestion?

My husband and I stayed at port orleans riverside for our honeymoon and it was wonderful. There is a Jazz lounge in poot orleans French Quarter which is a short walk away, even shorter by boat. The same boat goes to downtown disney where there are plenty of other bars and restaurants. It's a very romantic boat ride as well.

I'd suggest POFQ. It's small, only 7 buildings. It is part of Port Orleans, the sister resort is POR. They share pools, so you can use the pools at either resort. The lounge at POFQ has a jazz musician Wed-Sun, Eliot Dyson. The boat ride to DTD is an awesome advantage for a moderate. Also, POFQ has its own bus stop at MK in the evening. The hot tub is very secluded and it not next to the pool so most kids don't normally go there.

Do you qualify for any discounts at the Swan or Dolphin? Can you afford the standard room rate at AKL or WL (these are cheaper than the monorail resorts). If you don't need to stay on site, the Gaylord Palms offers some discounted rates as well.

On our last trip, DH and I stayed at the Pop Century. The room wasn't anything romantic, but being on a lake was really a plus. We got to take long walks around it, looking at all the native birds--cranes, anhingas, grebes, etc. We love wildlife so it worked for us. We also enjoyed staying in a building that reminded us of our youth (we are in our upper 20's).

POR is very romantic! It's my favorite resort. You can walk along the river, enjoy the lush landscaping, go for a carriage ride, and enjoy a peaceful boat ride to DTD.

I would definitely suggest POR. The grounds are beautiful and would be great for a long romantic walk. This would be very romantic. We arrived late last Friday night and there was a good band in the lounge. We ate at Boatwrights and it was great! There is a boat and bus that goes back and forth to DTD where you can have any type of entertainment.

We loved it and DH said it was his favorite resort at WDW.

We are staying at POFQ for the first time in March and really looking forward to it. We stayed at CSR in October and it was incredible! We will definitely stay there again. I highly recommend it! :thumbsup2

My husband and I stayed at port orleans riverside for our honeymoon and it was wonderful. There is a Jazz lounge in poot orleans French Quarter which is a short walk away, even shorter by boat. The same boat goes to downtown disney where there are plenty of other bars and restaurants. It's a very romantic boat ride as well.

We stayed at POFQ on our honeymoon and I have to second everything she said.:thumbsup2 They're sister resorts, so either way you can't go wrong.

French Quarter is very romantic but I'm glad Buzz spoke up about Coronado Springs. We request the Ranchos section and while it's a walk (about 8 minute stroll for us) to the food court, it's very quiet. Because the conventioneers are somewhere else and the families all want to be closer to the food court. From Ranchos, it's a two minute walk to the quiet pool and a five minute walk to the main pool (with its nice big hot tub).

And you can play fun games. Every time you see a conventioneer with his/her name tag still on, you get a point. See one with a name tag AND talking on the phone, you get two points. See one NOT on the phone and NOT wearing a name badge (usually difficult to spot in a large herd), you get five points.

DH and I have booked our first trip w/o DS and we're staying at POFQ. Just seemed like the right fit for us.:hug: Now I'm trying to decide on a building request.

POR hands down! It is so Romantic. If DH and I were going alone and could not afford a Deluxe it is the one we would choose. What can be more Romantic than a Horse Drawn Carriage ride at night along the river. Or even just a romantic stroll. It is a beautiful resort.

Thank you so much for all your replies. We were actually already thinking about CSR, that is where we made our original reservations. But we wanted to double check and see what other people thought. We were also thinking about POR but not sure about the how the buses were and the lounges. We picked those two from pictures, so now we at least know that it should be one of those two.

Thank you so much for all your replies. We were actually already thinking about CSR, that is where we made our original reservations. But we wanted to double check and see what other people thought. We were also thinking about POR but not sure about the how the buses were and the lounges. We picked those two from pictures, so now we at least know that it should be one of those two.
Good choice! Have a great trip! I can't wait to try the new lounge for myself.

Coronado Springs! DH and I went for our 10th anniversary and fell in love with this resort. It is quiet and serene and the grounds are gorgeous! (And the bus transportation is awesome)

Have a great trip!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!