Marrakesh

Calling all Restaurant Marrakesh fans....
My wife and I just made a last minute reservation for Friday night. We have eaten at Spice Road many times and have always said we will try Marrakesh at some point. So, what is your go to meal here or what must we try as first timers?

We had the Grilled Beef Tenderloin Shish Kebab and Chicken Kebabs last year, both were great. Not to heavy for us. We shared one Kebab with each other too.

the lamb shank is consistently good. The newish beignets for dessert are very, very good.

I really enjoy the hot mint tea. Poured with a flourish/from height so adds to the experience.

The DIS dining show recently did a Marrakesh review:

I usually do the Roast Lamb Meshoui or the Pan Seared Lamb Loin. Wife loves the Couscous w/ Chicken. Kids go for the Chicken Kebabs every single time, and twice on Sunday.

The Taste of Morocco sampler is not for the faint of heart, but a great way to sample the cuisine.

Last edited:
Calling all Restaurant Marrakesh fans....
My wife and I just made a last minute reservation for Friday night. We have eaten at Spice Road many times and have always said we will try Marrakesh at some point. So, what is your go to meal here or what must we try as first timers?
Went there with DGD (aged 13 y/o then, the man and self.

We had the following appetizers:

the cold salad medley, and harira soup. The soup was the clear winner and preferred by 2 of 3. Nicely seasoned yet not spicy. Perfect for the then weather which was a bit chilly. My preference was the salad assortment which had various textures, and lots of veggies which I can never get enough of.

The entrees were lamb shank and couscous, the chicken tangine, and sausage Merguez, which is actually an appetizer.
The lamb is quite a hunk of meat and the man couldn't finish the dish. Amazingly tender.
The chicken tangine was a nice juicy stew for DGD. Pretty sure it had citrus notes mixed with olives. DGD liked it but in all honesty I've had better versions of this dish.
I wuv wuv wuv the sausages. I've had them before and definitely go out of my way to eat them wherever I am.

I could eat here again if nothing else to try other dishes.

My wife and I loved the "appetizers for two" with the beef brewat and chicken bastilla. This could have been an entree for one person.

Well - you all made everything sound delicious. I think we definitely will try the lamb shank and a couscous dish as well. I was looking at the appetizers for two to start so I'm glad it got a shout out! Then the sausages got a bit of "wuv"! Sounds like we are going to leave a bit full! Thanks to all for the suggestions!

Great place, enjoy. And when our fast passes were too close in time ( we did that’s refresh thing and got test track) I walked up to host inside and she said that since we had a reservation, we could come back anytime that worked for us.
We go back here each visit. Added Show is
Nice touch as well!
Enjoy.

The mussels in saffron cream. :love: We used up the bread getting all of the delicious sauce!

Update: well we had a wonderful evening at Marrakesh. My wife had the mussels appetizer - amazing! Soaking up the saffron sauce with the bread could be an appetizer by itself - so good! I ordered a three course dinner for one which came with 3 different types of salads which were not bad - more refreshing than anything else. The entree however had a little bit of all of the meats on top of couscous and vegetables. The sausage was terrific, as was the pork shank and chicken. My wife had beef kabobs which were very tender. Finished with a medley of baklava! All in all - a very nice meal. Thank you again for all of the help with this one!

Update: well we had a wonderful evening at Marrakesh. My wife had the mussels appetizer - amazing! Soaking up the saffron sauce with the bread could be an appetizer by itself - so good! I ordered a three course dinner for one which came with 3 different types of salads which were not bad - more refreshing than anything else. The entree however had a little bit of all of the meats on top of couscous and vegetables. The sausage was terrific, as was the pork shank and chicken. My wife had beef kabobs which were very tender. Finished with a medley of baklava! All in all - a very nice meal. Thank you again for all of the help with this one!

Thanks for the update, and glad you enjoyed it! Very underrated place, in my opinion, and often very easy to get in last minute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter