Marrakesh Restaraunt, any reviews????

We just ate there in August and we loved it. To be perfectly honest I am not a fan of this type of food, but my wife daughter and sister-in-law are and they thought it was great. I enjoyed my meal also, but not as much as them.

The service was excellent and the atmosphere is fun. I had the combination - called Night in Casablanca and it had lamb, cous cous (not sure of the spelling) chicken kabob and some sea food pastry thing. It was very good. My wife had the lamb shank and loved it and my sister-in-law had the chicken cous cous and though it was great.

When I go to Disney again, my wife said she would definitely go back. The deserts were also very good.

Here is a picture of Night in Casablanca

111.jpg

I personally LOVE it! The food is great(have to have the couscous there, it is so fluffy and yummy), the belly dancers are fun for everyone, especially the kids, and the service has always been good. When I goto Epcot I always stop in, even if it is just for an appetizer and cocktail before HAVING to dine at another restaurant(my DH won't eat there, his taste buds aren't very adventurous, ;) ) My DD6 loved it and it has been a staple for me ever since Epcot opened.

we also loved it when we went a couple weeks ago. the service was absolutely excellent, the belly dancer was good entertainment, and the food was delicious! we weren't too adventurous, ordering the chicken couscous and the chicken kebabs. we thought they were both excellent. and we shared the salad to start with, which was very good as well! very highly recommend it!

During our last trip we had lunch at Restaurant Marrakesh. We got there about 1:30p and the place was empty, so go for a late lunch & you s/have no problems getting a table.

The food was great! For dessert I'd recommend the Marrakesh Delight (fresh fruit salad topped with mint ice cream, toasted almonds and orange blossom water). It was soooo tasty and w/the ice cream it was very refreshing on a hot August day!
:cloud9:

I admit this is one of the few restaurants that we go back to over and over again. I've even eaten there twice in one trip. I prefer lunch because it is almost never packed and they have the live music and dancing then too. The food never fails to disappoint. The service has always been great. They are very happy to explain anything on the menu for you.

I love the dessert there called bastilla... yuuuuuuuum!!!! The mint tea is good too. I think my favorite dish is the chicken kebabs. I just like how it is flavored there.

It's definitely a favorite in my family (including my dad and my aunt)

We ate here last year for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed it. We were there for dinner. The service was great (as mentioned above, they were very helpful with any questions) and the entertainment was fun. Even my 75 year old Mom enjoyed it.

We would definitely return!

The restaurant is gorgeously tiled, the entertainment is a blast, and the food is disappointingly bland. Neither DH nor I liked our food there. His kabob serving was tiny, and my vegetarian couscous was a huge but tasteless serving.

I've since read on the DISboards that you can request more authentic (spicier) seasoning. That's what I'd do if I could convince DH to try it again. :goodvibes

I love the dessert there called bastilla... yuuuuuuuum!!!!

(including my dad and my aunt)

I've never heard of a bastilla being served for dessert. I've always had it as a second or third course, before the main course. Interesting. Does it still have egg and chicken in it?

We went to Marrakesh last month! The lemon chicken was very, very, good! Also the mint tea, and the assorted pastries for dessert. I bought the anniversary cookbook they have for $7 and can't wait to try some recipes. Chicken bastilla is my favorite, although I didn't have it at Marrakesh. I've had more authentic Moroccan food (like where you eat with your hands, a prix fixe menu), but all in all, we definitely enjoyed it!

This is one of the few places we go on every visit and all up until our last visit last September, I would recommend the restaurant without reservation. This last time, while the atmosphere and theming remained outstanding, the food itself was disappointing. As someone else mentioned, the portions were smaller and the quality was lacking, and this coming from someone who loves making kebabs and cous cous. Also disappointing was that this was our adopted son's first trip, and admittedly while he was only 4 at the time, we were looking forward to him seeing the belly dancer (or as he calls a pretty woman, an 'ooh la la'). Despite our staying later and later and the waiter's promise that it would be 'just five more minutes' each time, she never showed up.

I am willing to give them another chance, but they have only the one chance to redeem themselves as Atlanta now has a lot more options in middle eastern and Persian cuisine.

First of all I love Marrekesh and it is one of our return restaurants.

BUT I would beware going during free dining. It was one of the restaruants of last resort for many folks. We actually had to wait to get in and the excellent service we normally receive was non-existent. The place was packed and the CMs did not stop to talk. Food came out very quickly and we felt rushed.

Once our server found out we were return customers she did become much more friendly. I think they are overwhelmed and a good many of the diners they are getting would much rather be elsewhere. So moral is a little low and it is effecting the service.

Oh, the couscous is still fabulous!

Marrakesh is one of the few restaurants that my family absolutely HAS to go to every trip. Otherwise, we like to try something new! The food and atmosphere are wonderful, and it is always quiet and relaxing, and never crowded! Try it, I think you will like it!

On our trip in August this was our least favorite meal. That's not to say it was not tasty, because it was.

You should try the food for sure. We did not have good service and I think I enjoyed Tangerine Cafe, the Morocco Counter Service, more than Marrakesh.

I would try it. We will not return.

We've only eaten here once, but I loved it. The food wasn't scary at all and it was very tasty (I had lemon chicken over couscous :thumbsup2 ), and the service was great. The entertainment (musicians and belly dancer) were pretty interesting. I dare say my husband was transfixed. :sad2: :laughing:

My whole family loved it, actually!

Here's a picture we took:

marrakesh.jpg

I've never heard of a bastilla being served for dessert. I've always had it as a second or third course, before the main course. Interesting. Does it still have egg and chicken in it?
No, you are thinking of the appetizer version of bastilla (they label it chicken bastilla on the menu at Marrakesh). The dessert version is the same kind of flaky pastry that is around the chicken version, but in flat sheets. It is covered with some sort of cream sauce and almond shavings. I don't know why I love it so, but it is HEAVENLY! Not heavy either and I always have to get it :blush: The picture doesn't do it justice ;)

My family has eatren there several times and have always enjoyed it very much. If you like your food spicy just let them know when you order and they bring a spicier sauce for the meats.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter