Marmite - Love it or Hate it?

Marmite - Love it or Hate it?

• Love it

• Hate it

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gav N Becx

Mouseketeer
For those of you who did the fish extenders on the recent Podcast Cruise, you'll probably have noticed a small sachet of Marmite in the present from me and Becx.
It's big over here in England and there's currently a love it / hate it campaign (see marmite.co.uk to find out what it is).
Of course if anyone else has tried it, feel free to add your vote - it's open to all :)

Gav.

Of course I love it :thumbsup2

I think it's a nurture thing rather than nature and you need to start when you are young.

Definately an aquired taste ;)

I was happy to hear Lisa'a husband enjoyed it at least :goodvibes

Of course I love it :thumbsup2

I think it's a nurture thing rather than nature and you need to start when you are young.

Definately an aquired taste ;)

I was happy to hear Lisa'a husband enjoyed it at least :goodvibes

What's really hard is trying to explain to someone what it is! Luckily we have a World Market here that carries it (although I wouldn't mind having to schedule a trip to the UK to pick some up...). :goodvibes

Sorry to say:

Don't like it (at all...).
I've tried it when we were in Australia: not a good idea!!

Emiel

We already knew what Marmite was and our first experience with Marmite was in 2001 in Australia and we hated it!!!
Sorry...

Sorry to say:

Don't like it (at all...).
I've tried it when we were in Australia: not a good idea!!

Emiel

We already knew what Marmite was and our first experience with Marmite was in 2001 in Australia and we hated it!!!
Sorry...

Ahhhh, but was it Marmite or Veggiemite? :scared: because IMHO Veggiemite is disgusting (sorry but it must be a cultural thing ;))

Ahhhh, but was it Marmite or Veggiemite? :scared: because IMHO Veggiemite is disgusting (sorry but it must be a cultural thing ;))

We tried both and both were not our favorites....

still can't tell what in the heck it is-even after visiting the website. Seems like I'm not missing much though!!

still can't tell what in the heck it is-even after visiting the website. Seems like I'm not missing much though!!

It's a spread made from yeast extract. Sounds gross I know. That's why some hate it. Then there are those like me and Becx that love it. It has a unique flavour, similar to (but better than) Vegimite in my opinion.
We generally spread it on bread products - toast inparticular. It can be used in other ways, such as a hot drink (with water), and can be added to sauces.

We have a few samples left over, so if anyone really wants to try it just PM me your details and if there's some left, we'd be happy to post it to ya!

Just tried mine today......didn't mind it actually. I'm trying to think of a way to explain the taste but nothing comes to mind. I could see using just a small amount though as it is a fairly strong flavor.

Thanks for the FE gift. A local gift is a perfect idea.

Is there an option for too :scared: to try it? :rotfl2:

Just bought a jar of Nutella cuz of all the talk of it on these boards, some ads I saw and a sale on the stuff sitting in the middle of the aisle. I suspect the Marmite might not be as tasty :rotfl:

I made creme brulee french toast this weekend and have some leftover French bread so I'll try the Marmite on it...really I will :lmao:

cheers,
:flower3:

Just bought a jar of Nutella cuz of all the talk of it on these boards, some ads I saw and a sale on the stuff sitting in the middle of the aisle. I suspect the Marmite might not be as tasty :rotfl:

I made creme brulee french toast this weekend and have some leftover French bread so I'll try the Marmite on it...really I will :lmao:

cheers,

Doesn't work too well with sweet stuff, would be great in a cheese sandwich or maybe a grilled cheese!

I hope you enjoy it though doubt you will! Nutella is a more sweet spread but I personally don't like hazelnuts! Cadbury does a chocolate spread here with no nuts and I could eat a whole jar popcorn::

cheers,

I vote you include little packets of nutella in your FE gifts. ;) j/k j/k :p

I voted for my DH who LOVED it. He ate it on rye toast with some extra sharp cheddar cheese and really really enjoyed it.

Thanks! :goodvibes

For those of you who did the fish extenders on the recent Podcast Cruise, you'll probably have noticed a small sachet of Marmite in the present from me and Becx.
It's big over here in England and there's currently a love it / hate it campaign (see marmite.co.uk to find out what it is).
Of course if anyone else has tried it, feel free to add your vote - it's open to all :)

Gav.

I always see it in the British section of Meijer or at Cost Plus... Never tried it... what's it made of....

I will say, Brits make some of the best candy I have ever had... so much better tasting then many American Ones... I simply love the imported Cadbury Bars... The chocolate is heavenly.

Doesn't work too well with sweet stuff, would be great in a cheese sandwich or maybe a grilled cheese!

I hope you enjoy it though doubt you will! Nutella is a more sweet spread but I personally don't like hazelnuts! Cadbury does a chocolate spread here with no nuts and I could eat a whole jar popcorn::

Good god!:eek:
I don't like Nutella, but Cadbury does a chocolate spread, that would put me right over the edge. I would inhale the whole jar! YUMMY!!!!
Thank god that is not something that is sold here!

I always see it in the British section of Meijer or at Cost Plus... Never tried it... what's it made of....

I will say, Brits make some of the best candy I have ever had... so much better tasting then many American Ones... I simply love the imported Cadbury Bars... The chocolate is heavenly.

If you ever come to the UK be sure to visit Birmingham - the home of Cadburys chocolate :goodvibes They have a factory tour and the air smells like chocolate popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

Sometimes I almost wish it didn't taste so good - it's soooooo hard to say no :sad2:

I am an Aussie, and vegemite is part of the national identity.

Kids are happy little vegemites (sing the rest...)

Kids are raised on it, it is a staple on toast and best with melted cheese. I would not go so far as it to be an addiction if away from it, but i can understand parents sending it to homesick kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter