marker/pen for wedding placecards

DisneySweetie

Mouseketeer
Hey there all of you creative geniuses!

I am looking to make my wedding placecards. I am using the following supplies along with white cotton paper.

placecards.jpg

punch.jpg

Basically I am going to have green and blue placecards with white flowers on their upper left corner. The flowers will have two layers of the white cotton paper and will be fastened through the center with the light yellow snap. I will curl the flower petals up a little with a pencil.

Anyway, I need a thin marker or a thick pen to write on them with. I don't think just black will work because the placecard colors are a little too dark. My other wedding color is David's Bridal wild orchid (kind of a purplish-pink). It's hard to match that color. So, I was thinking maybe a pinkish silver pen. Or even a white pen. I thought about doing the gelly roll pink silver shadow pen, but I'm not sure it's thick enough. Plus, I don't think you would be able to tell that there's a pink outline on the green and blue paper.
http://www.gellyroll.com/products/pens/silvershadow/silvershadow.html

As a last resort I could just add a small layer of white cotton paper to the card and then write with a pink marker on that. But how would I attach it? I don't want to glue. Maybe more snaps? One on each side. I can't really find the right color of pink for the snaps, but maybe silver ones? I am a little skeptical that this would make the cards too busy and/or draw away from the flower.

Any ideas?

I have a white "pen" that is called something like a chalk marker. I think I got it at AC Moore. It is a pale white that looks great on darker colors. It also came in a kit with several other colors - a green, a blue, a grey and something else. I don't know if this helps as I don't remember the name of the pens. I'll go upstairs and check them out and post again. :)

They are made by EK Success and called Chalk Markers.

I just bought ZIG pens for my wedding, and they have a very pretty glittery purple, along with other glittery colors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!