Mariah Carey

Mizzoufan

DIS Veteran
Did anyone see her on Dick Clarks Rocking New Years Eve? What a mess. Her track for her well known popular song Emotions didn't work. So instead of her just singing it. She told the audience to sing it and just walked around the stage and didn't really try to make it work. I'm really shocked ABC didn't pull away and switch to something else.

Did anyone see her on Dick Clarks Rocking New Years Eve? What a mess. Her track for her well known popular song Emotions didn't work. So instead of her just singing it. She told the audience to sing it and just walked around the stage and didn't really try to make it work. I'm really shocked ABC didn't pull away and switch to something else.

Is that what happened? DH and I couldn't figure out what was going on, just that it was a hot mess.

OMG..... We happened to switch the channel from Carson Daly over to Ryan and we saw that, it was perfect timing too.
She was a hot mess, was she drunk? I noticed at midnight when all the other celebrities were on stage she was no where in sight.
She looked completely lost, she must have went nutso backstage afterward.

Can't comment on her particular actions since I didn't see it but assuming she was outside.

Most singers will not sing when its cold. They say it can damage their voice.

If it was not outside I think she is the kind of person that just doesn't start singing if she isn't prepared to do so. On Carpool Karaoke with James Corden she barley opened her mouth. I think its part of her Diva image.

We saw it. It was so awkward! When they did get the track for her next song, they forgot to turn off her mic so you could hear her "singing" with the track. You could tell she was livid when she walked off the stage! Someone is getting fired for that.

Can't comment on her particular actions since I didn't see it but assuming she was outside.

If it was not outside I think she is the kind of person that just doesn't start singing if she isn't prepared to do so. On Carpool Karaoke with James Corden she barley opened her mouth. I think its part of her Diva image.
Well, not exactly. It's possible to have outdoor heaters, other work arounds so they aren't overly cold. Professional singers use care, they don't routinely "not sing."
But....it's pretty clear this was lip-synching gone bad. That's not a cold issue.

If it was a matter of cold temperature, she shouldn't accept an invitation for a outside performance in New York in December.

Seen it on you tube. I was at Epcot a long time ago for a Christmas show taping of a few different singers. Don't ask me the names i forget now. But it took them a lot of tries to get a good song out. They will start to sing than they will just stop because something didn't go right. Probably about a average of three tries for song to get it right. They are only human

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter