Mariah Carey

jl

Mouseketeer
She didn't sound very good - she sounded kinda shakey. Guess she needed that rehearsal after all:)

The whole show has been "off" tonight... From Mariah to Idina to Cindy to Darius & LeeAnn - not good at all
But.. Seth MacFarlane & Sara Bareilles were awesome!

It makes me kind of sad.. It's one of my favourite Christmas traditions, but it has been very underwhelming tonight.

(Jealous) DW always called Mariah Carey a "bow-wow," and was going "woof-woof" while she was singing tonight.

I just watched it. Ouch! That was bad. She also looked like she was about to cry. I think personal issues and possible monitor issues are why she was super off. Not a fan but trying to be positive for her.

The entire show was bad. Cindy Lauper looked high. It was totally underwhelming just not good.

I am glad I was not the only one that felt that way about Mariah. I couldn't believe how shaky it was. I also felt she kept holding back from many of her higher notes.

Mariah was awful, and I read that she was 3 hours late and the crowd went home, and when she showed up the angry producers told her to go home, but she ended up opening the show still.

I also thought the entire show was terrible! The CMA Country Christmas was a million times better.

Too bad.
I've never liked her singing.....except for that one song. That one I've loved.

Yikes that's awful!

I was talking with my co-workers about this earlier today - she doesn't need the money to go out in these ill-fitting outfits and try and act like she's 25 and a size 2 again, but something in her makes her want/need to do this for the attention. I hardly feel sorry for her, but it's got to be hard being an aging, 45 year old Diva in a world of tiny, cute pop singers.

Mariah was awful, and I read that she was 3 hours late and the crowd went home, and when she showed up the angry producers told her to go home, but she ended up opening the show still.

I also thought the entire show was terrible! The CMA Country Christmas was a million times better.

Some areas received a two hour show, with Mariah opening the second half. Almost all of the performers sang two songs, once during each hour. I don't know if Mariah was supposed to appear earlier as well. The mayor was scheduled to make an appearance, but had to cancel due to the Grand Jury situation.

Overall, nope, not a good show. Something definitely off about the whole thing.

Maybe they were uneasy with the protesters so close? Some of them were trying to knock down the blockades and thank goodness the NYPD were spot on and had everything under control. I agree that Mariah sounded awful and almost everyone else did too. Seth and Sara were amazing though...:thumbsup2

I didn't think she sounded that bad. She was live, there were not any acoustic panels or stage behind her and it was cold out. Good for her for singing live. And no I am not a huge fan of hers.

Kae

I don't know what performance you all are talking about (maybe some awards show was on or something?), but she has sounded terrible for YEARS. She used to be a great singer, at least on albums (although I've never been a fan of her music), but her time has passed and she really should just accept it and move on. She is actually hurting her image, I think, by continuing to butcher performances.

One of the most painful things to endure, but I had to keep watching. I don't know what happened, but PPs are right, she has started to decline.

None of the music was very good but my 16 month old and I got quite the workout with me holding her and dancing around the living room to the music.

A few months ago, a radio station played a clip of Mariah's kick off concert in Japan and it was pretty bad.

I think for some people, the vocals don't last a lifetime. I think in Mariah's case, much of what she could do in her 20s is just gone. She can probably still sing fine but she may need to change the type of things she sings (probably switch to a lower octave consistently). I think it happens to the best of singers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter