Maria and Enzo's dining review 4/14/21

Deranged Hermit

Mouseketeer
My wife, daughter and I went to Maria and Enzo's this past Wednesday and to say it was a yo-yo of emotion would be an understatement.
Things started out great, we were seated as soon as we arrived. We got a table right by the window and had a good view of the water and the hot air balloon. Our waitress was very attentive and took out drink orders quickly. When our drinks came out we also got a heaping bowl of bread and some oil to dip it in. We ordered dinner and an appetizer and, before we knew it, the App arrived.
The calamari was excellent, easily the best thing we ate that night. Fresh, lightly breaded and very flavorful. The garlic aioli and spicy dipping sauces were nice complements to the calamari. Everything was going well....until dinner came. I'll just list what we got and out reaction to each meal.
1. Lasagna: This was my meal and was best of the three easily. Even so, it wasn't even in the top 10 Lasagna dishes I've had in my life.
2. Ravioli: My daughter's dish and it bordered on inedible. The pasta was mushy, the cheese was bland and there was enough pesto on it to choke a horse. The tomato sauce was virtually nonexistent. I switched plates with my daughter so she could eat something (she skipped lunch) and even I, someone who loves pesto, was repulsed by the amount of it.
3. Spaghetti with meatballs: Surely my wife's dinner would be good, right? How hard is it to make a good Spaghetti and meatballs? Well, apparently, it's pretty hard for them. Seriously, they should have been embarrassed to serve this. Bland sauce, dry meatballs (my wife wondered if they were frozen?) and, again, mushy pasta.
All and all, we were very disappointed. We got a few recommendations to try this restaurant and were excited to go. Would I go back? Very unlikely unless we were with a group of people and they really wanted to go.

Planning our dining for July 10 visit- youngest is turning 21 and wants to drink around the world...
Started late on dining reservations and this
Place keeps popping up. I’ve not read good things so passing. Thank you for confirming!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter