Mardi Gras week

tink20

DIS Veteran
How would you compare Mardi Gras week (will not be same time as Presidents week) to
early June, crowd wise?
We were thinking of going back in 2020. Also, when will we be able to book a package online for then?

I’ve been many different Mardi Gras weeks. IMO, it’s way more crowded than early June & sometimes not all that much cooler. We have actually decided no more Mardi Gras week b/c the crowds have been some of the worst. For reference, we go usually twice a year & have been NYE, Thanksgiving week, summer. Memorial Day, etc.

Are you coming from Louisiana?

AL, school is out all week
The only time we have been is early June, so I don’t know what to expect any other time

Since it will fall AFTER Valentines Day and the week after President's Day week it should be pretty decent as far as crowds go.
Packages will likely be realized in June 2019 for dates through 2020.

The only time we have been is early June, so I don’t know what to expect any other time
Oh ok. I was asking b/c flights out of NOLA are often outrageous that week too.

It's usually pretty busy, busier than early June. Since it's in March this year it also might fall during some college spring breaks.

How would you compare Mardi Gras week (will not be same time as Presidents week) to
early June, crowd wise?
We were thinking of going back in 2020. Also, when will we be able to book a package online for then?
Mardi Gras IMO. Been many years and crowds are manageable Plus weather is better w less humidity and heat.

We are going this week in 2019, and from what i've read it depends on what falls around it. So it would differ very much from year to year. Every crowd calendar I've looked at for 2019 says that week will be moderate crowds, 5/10-6/10. With it falling in the first full week of March, which is the week before most spring breaks start. I would think it would be even slower in 2020 with it falling well after presidents day but well before any spring breaks, being at the very end of February. I would think it would be a very good week to go in 2020, and personally wouldn't hesitate to book a trip that week. (of course Unless you can go at one of the few very slowest weeks of the year, which there aren't many left...)

It also depends on your touring style. June park hours will probably be later. I’ve been all different weeks for Mardi Gras week as early as the 1st week of Feb & as late as it is this year & it’s always crowded. I also find it’s a time when many Disney vets go so they know the tricks like refresh on MDE etc & extra FPs are harder to get. Summer is definitely hotter though.

We'll be there Mardi Gras week for a mini visit in 2019. Like a previous poster said, I'm seeing predictions of moderate crowds (level 5 and 6s) and am hoping that is true. We are just doing two parks -- SeaWorld on March 4th and the Magic Kingdom on March 6th. I could have picked a later week in March, but based on crowd calendars, hotel prices, airline ticket prices and one day MK prices, I was guessing this week was going to be a little lighter than weeks later in the month -- guessing more spring breaks are later. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Just wondering how this worked out for anyone who went to any of the 4 parks during Mardi Gras this year. I am considering going next year (Mardi Gras is the last week of Feb in 2020) but the TouringPlans.com website is predicting very high crowd ratings that week (7-10 across the 4 parks). I can't figure out if that's just their algorithm talking or if its really gonna suck that badly because there seems to be conflicting info about how crowded Mardi Gras can be (in and of itself, absent of other holidays), and as someone pointed out above, it's after Pres Day and before Spring break in 2020. I'm not good with long wait times (I get ornery after 20 mins) but I want to do this for my kids. Any further insight would be extremely appreciated!

Just wondering how this worked out for anyone who went to any of the 4 parks during Mardi Gras this year. I am considering going next year (Mardi Gras is the last week of Feb in 2020) but the TouringPlans.com website is predicting very high crowd ratings that week (7-10 across the 4 parks). I can't figure out if that's just their algorithm talking or if its really gonna suck that badly because there seems to be conflicting info about how crowded Mardi Gras can be (in and of itself, absent of other holidays), and as someone pointed out above, it's after Pres Day and before Spring break in 2020. I'm not good with long wait times (I get ornery after 20 mins) but I want to do this for my kids. Any further insight would be extremely appreciated!

It was BUSY, mainly at MK over that weekend. We did AK on Monday and while very crowded we were able to score same day FoP FPs twice.

I believe the Princess Half Marathon is the same weekend, so that will also increase things.

20 minute waits would be lovely, but they aren't going to happen. Sorry.

Princess Marathon is Feb 20-23 and Mardi Gras is Feb 25.

Not all of Alabama. But my friend ended up there during Mardi Gras week one year (not President’s Day too) and swore never again. High crowds but limited hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!