Mardi GRAS week

Viator80

Mouseketeer
Is mardi grad week usually busy? We are going 2/9-2/15. It's the week before presidents week. We're first timers and very excited! We have 2 boys 7 and 4 :banana:

just remember that (us) mobile, AL and louisiana have that week out so a lot of people head to disney. the weather will be good!

We went once during mardi gras week, and it was SLAMMED. Everybody clears out of LA for mardi gras, and heads to WDW. Swear. They must like announce it on the news or something to go to WDW. ::yes::

We wont do that again.

Much of it depends on where Mardi Gras falls in the calendar. Next year, with it so early (before Presidents' Day), it shouldn't be that bad. The later it falls, the worse it gets as it will overlap other spring break seasons around the country.

Pretty much starting on Presidents' Day, you'll have many northern schools being out for a week between Feb and April (and some of those will have 2 weeks off, non-consecutively, during that time frame). This adds more to the crowds that Mardi Gras is likely to, since that effects fewer districts and focuses tourism to the fake Mardi Gras down in New Orleans ;).

Crow calendars are saying around 5's for this week. Does that sound right? If so, that's pretty good huh?

I am thinking too that since mardi grad is so early that should be better , but what do I know? Lol :p

We are going those same dates. I'm not real worried about it being busy. According to the crowd calendars it's going to be around 5's that week. Whether that is because it falls earlier in Feb or not I don't know. We usually go the week of President's Day which is crazy busy and the crowd calendars rate it 8's and 9's. I think I can deal with whatever happens due to the fact I'm used to the crowds but I really don't think we have anything to worry about.

I'm born and raised in New Orleans and yes, many of us who lived here our whole lives like to escape the insanity that is Mardi Gras once in a while.

Expect crowds, then you'll be pleasantly surprised if it turns out to be low crowds. But either way it won't be as bad as other holidays or crowded times.

I heard last year that it was really crowded because Mardi Gras and Presidents Week were the same week. I'm expecting the crowds to start to build towards the end of the week (Valentine's Day and the beginning of President's week). We're booked 2/7 through 2/15.

Two other people from my office are going the same week (not together).

I have a number of friends going that week. I would love to go at that time and probably will next year. This is the last year I can take my oldest out of school so our next trip to Disney will probably be during Mardi Gras! We always go in December, so this will be our last Christmas trip for a while.

We used to go during MG for every trip! It's a nice time to visit. Weather's usually nice and crowds are lower than during other school vacation times. You will also see a lot of Brazilian groups up during Carnival break!

We went during Mardi Gras back in 2008 and expected light crowds...we were wrong! It was much more crowded than we thought it would be. We did get a kick out of how many families we ran into during our stay who lived within 5 miles of us back home! LOL! Guess it really is a small world after all haha! :rotfl2:

- Marianne
Walker, LA

We are actually thinking of changing our dates which were June 15-27 to your exact dates. I would much rather be cooler and crowded then hot and stuck with crowds! But I hope the crowds wont be to bad!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter