March or June??

sdrsdd

Mouseketeer
When should I go to Disney? My 2 choices are March 17-24 or June 2-9? I am thinking about weather (my kids will be 2.5 and 4.5) and crowds at these times. Any help would be appreciated. THanks!

March.

I think what you'll find are a lot of spring breaker's. This means that you'll find very long lines at rides like Big Thunder Mountain, but very short lines on rides like Peter Pan. If things get REAL crowded, go check out the Enchanted Tiki Room...you're kids will love all of the talking birds and songs, and teens hate going in there. Also, if you spend some time at the pool in the morning/afternoon, you'll miss a lot of the morning crowds because there are a lot of tired parents headed back to the resort for naps and swim times, and you'll be able to hit the parks when they are headed for the gate.

June.

It's pretty hot during June, so it'll make pushing a stroller around even more less fun than it already is. You also have everyone out of school, and a lot of Florida residents take their children to the parks for a morning with the mouse. It's extremely crowded, and I've found some of my least favorite times to be held in June.

Go with March.

I would have to say March. June is just too hot. We have gone in March around the same time you are, and we were comfortable in shorts and t-shirts then there were days that if you got wet on a ride its was a bit chilly.

There the end of Feb into March this year weathere was good, got into the high 70 during the day.

We've been there during both months. Pros and cons for each.

March: Best weather I've ever had at Disney. High 70's to low 80's during the day and 60's to 70's at night. We were chilly watching the show at Epcot one night, but bring jacket/sweatshirts, think long pants and/or the kids favorite small blanket. No rain at all the entire week.

There were slightly longer lines on some attractions, but since it is spring break it is to be expected. With my then 6 year old nephew and 5 year old niece - it was perfect. We never waited for an attraction longer than 30 minutes and we used FastPass as much as possible. Restaurants were a bit crowded and somewhat rushed, but the kids were always anxious to get moving so we didn't mind.

June: Really warm weather but we are all troopers. High 80's to low 90's during the day. 70's and 80's at night. Also rained really hard for at least half the day (off and on) for at least 3 of the 7 days we were there. Not a big deal - we bought rain ponchos and made good use of them. The nephew and niece (then 4 and 3) thought it was great fun...and happily wore them and did well except for the vey heaviest downpours. We just timed our meals then!

We stayed off property that year in a rental home in Formosa Gardens Estates (seriously 2 miles and 10 minutes from the main gate off 192) and when it got really hot...we would go back to the house for a few hours and swim, eat lunch and lie down for awhile. We then went back out late late afternoon or very early evening and went until close.

I would go again in June, but my recommendation considering your kids' ages (and if I was choosing) would be March for sure.

Is it still crowded around March 10th? We are out of school for Spring Break that week. I am also trying to decide to go either at this time or the last week in May. :confused3

We go every year (last week of March, first week of April). The weather is great about 80 degrees. In the last 3 years it has only rained once on us during that time, about a 10 minute shower.

We don't find the lines too long, except for the one year that Easter fell early in April! We go early in morning and then again later in evening (9-10pm) and are able to walk onto most rides with 10 minute wait or less.

We have been both the last week of March (twice) and (for the first time this year) the last week of June. For our family (teenagers), June was much better for one reason -- park hours. Even though it is the start of the Spring break season, unless Easter is very early, WDW's park hours are still quite short in March, with even MK closing at 7:00 last time we were there then. In contrast, last week there were several EMH nights that went until 2:00 am, and MK always stayed open until at least 11 pm, MGM until 10. Yes, it was hot, and yes, it rained, but those were minor inconveniences to us since we knew we could take nice swim breaks and still have hours to spend in the parks in the evening.

So I guess my advice for your family would lean toward March, but we'll go again in June in a heartbeat.

For the poster who asked about spring break crowds, a lot depends on when Easter falls. The Spring break time frame is generally considered to be about the second week of March through the third week of April, with the two busiest weeks BY FAR being the week before and the week after Easter. Easter is April 8 in 2007, so the first two weeks in April will be packed. In 2008, it will be March 23, so that will push the big crowds well back into March. Hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!