March Break at the Yacht Club! - UPDATED 07/21

I laughed out loud at the flight attendant saying "bite me" out loud. Inner voice????
I totally agree about the waiting for Magical Express at the end of the trip. Not fun!

I laughed out loud at the flight attendant saying "bite me" out loud. Inner voice????
I totally agree about the waiting for Magical Express at the end of the trip. Not fun!

It was definitely one of the more memorable moments of our trip! It still makes me laugh.

Last day! :sad:

Boo!!!!

I totally get what you mean about being "early people". We have always had early flights out of Florida, but last summer we booked a 6 PM flight out of MCO after our US/IoA trip. Although we were able to enjoy some time at the parks, we were pretty stressed out that day.

And we also ran into delays at the airport- hours long thunderstorm- many gate changes, but no irate gate agent saying "Bite me!"

TOO FUNNY!!!

I love your pictures from Haunted Mansion! Awesome!

I have only been over on the Boardwalk once, and never in the resort, but the pictures I have seen of the inside are so pretty. But that chair! :scared1:

Where is that?

And WHY???

Beautiful picture looking back at the Yacht & Beach! :lovestruc

This has been a truly enjoyable read! I look forward to your wrap-up.

Any plans for a future trip?

Last day! :sad:

I have only been over on the Boardwalk once, and never in the resort, but the pictures I have seen of the inside are so pretty. But that chair! :scared1:

Where is that?

And WHY???

Beautiful picture looking back at the Yacht & Beach! :lovestruc

This has been a truly enjoyable read! I look forward to your wrap-up.

Any plans for a future trip?

That chair is just sitting innocently in the BWI lobby by the fireplace. When you combine it with the clown pool, there must be many a nightmare that starts at that resort.

Thanks for reading along. Writing a trip report is a selfish way of reminiscing about the trip, but it is so much more satisfying when others read it and comment along the way. I also figure it is a tiny bit of paying it forward. I've learned so much over the years by reading other trip reports, so this is my tiny bit of sharing with others.

Sadly, no plans for a future trip right now. I know we will be back, but I doubt it will be before 2014. I think our next trip will be adults only, since my son will likely by 18 before we get there again. I think it will be fun to see what Disney is like when it is just my husband and I. I was totally excited a few weekends ago when our best friends suggested that someday we should go to Disney together for a few days. They have a condo in Fort Myers so they suggested we spend a few days in Disney followed by a few days in Fort Myers. There aren't many people I'd travel to Disney with, but I think I could handle a short adults only trip. I envision staying at the BC/YC, dining at places we've never been before, like Narcoossee's, and spending the evening hours strolling through Epcot with stops at La Cava del Tequila for a margarita and France for a GGS.

Oh to be in France right now! :goodvibes

The last bit of this report takes place in Toronto, when we finally arrived home.

After our long MCO airport delays, the flight back to Toronto was uneventful. Mostly, everyone was calm and quiet and just wanted to get on with it. We were seated across the aisle from a young family with a girl who was maybe three years old, and an infant. The infant was awake and moving for the entire flight. The parents did an amazing job of keeping the child happy, but they had to work at it and I’m sure at the end of a long day, the flight must have seemed like forever for them. I think they were heroic in keeping their child from crying.

When the plane landed, the aisle filled up immediately, including the family seated across from us. I’m sure they couldn’t wait to get off that plane, since it was now about 2:30 am. Of course, they couldn’t let us off the plane right away. Although we had long since crossed the border and been flying in Canadian airspace, as far as the airport is concerned we hadn’t entered Canada yet, and would not be allowed to until a customs official could come and meet the plane to let them know it was okay to open the doors. So there we sat. Since the family was already standing in the aisle I found myself looking eye-to-eye with the three year old girl. Given the BBB hairstyle she was sporting, it was obvious they had just come from WDW. I wasn’t really interested in making small talk with a stranger in the middle of the night, but those parents deserved a break, so I started asking the girl about her trip to Disney. She was so cute and wonderful to talk to.

Here is some of our conversation:
  • Me: Were you at Disney?
  • Girl: Yes
  • Me: Your hair is very nice
  • Girl: Thank you
  • Girl’s Mother: She had it done last Tuesday
  • Me: Tuesday!
  • Girl’s Mother: Yes, Tuesday
  • Me: Wow, they must use a lot of hairspray
  • Girl’s Mother: Yup, it has been through sleeping, swimming and days of touch ups
  • Me: Wow
  • Me: What was your favourite ride?
  • Girl: Space Peaches
  • Me: Space Peaches? I haven’t heard of that.
  • Girl’s Mother: Space Peaches, Star Wars, call it whatever you want
  • Me: Oh Star Wars! Space Peaches is a great name for that ride.

From now on, I will always think of the ride called Space Peaches and smile.

Going through customs and getting our luggage was quick and uneventful, and soon we found ourselves in the back of a limo, heading home. The limo driver was happy when he heard our address as we were his last run of the day and he lived near us. He asked if it would be okay if he stopped for gas on the way, so we found ourselves in a surreal moment of sitting in the back of a limo, at a gas station, at 3:30 in the morning.

Finally we made it back home and couldn’t wait to get to bed… but first, we had to check out the state of our renovations. If you have been following this story since the early posts, you will have read that while we were at WDW our bathroom was being renovated. We had some reports from friends while we were gone, so we know the contractors had taken the bathroom completely apart, taking out all the fixtures and all the walls, so we had no idea what state the bathroom would be in.

Keeping in mind that we only have one bathroom, we were a bit stunned to walk in at 4 am and find an almost finished bathroom with a note on the toilet that said “Do not put any weight on toilet for 48 hours” – 48 HOURS FROM WHEN?!?! After travelling all day, the three of us stood there facing the revelation that we couldn’t use our toilet, possibly for the next two days. Fortunately, the apartment across the hall from us was vacant and unlocked, so we were able to use that bathroom (whew!).

The next morning our superintendent showed up and said it was fine to use the toilet and the shower but we had to keep the bathroom empty for a few days as there was still painting to be completed. He said that they completely rebuilt the bathroom, including all new pipes and all new fixtures. So nice to have a shiny new room.

Besides having the inconvenience of waiting for the bathroom painting to be finished, there was an additional inconvenience since the bathroom shares a wall with our master bedroom closet. Because they had to take all the walls down, we also had to empty our closet. It took them a few days after we returned home to finish all the painting, so we had to deal with all of our closet contents being stored in the living room; but that was a minor inconvenience given that we now had a brand new bathroom. The contractor also couldn’t resist patching a few minor cracks in some other walls, so we also had a freshly painted hall and living room. There are some great benefits to renting – I love that we had so much work done without spending a penny, or having to make any contractor arrangements.

Old Bathroom

bathroom+before.jpg

New Bathroom

bathroom+after.jpg

Well that is enough prattling on for one trip report. The bathroom photos bring this report to an end. Thank you to everyone for reading along. It is fun reliving our vacation through a trip report, and even more fun knowing that others have enjoyed reading it along the way!

That is all.

Awwww, the bittersweet feeling of finishing a TR!

Nice bathroom, BTW, and I agree that could be the creepiest chair ever. The AC agent saying "bite me" is especially funny, knowing how they are anyway, and given the extra stress of the labour problems...

If I can get it together for the TOT race it will be September 2013 for me, otherwise 2014 for me too. Booooooo

Anyway, loved the report!!

Nice bathroom, BTW, and I agree that could be the creepiest chair ever. The AC agent saying "bite me" is especially funny, knowing how they are anyway, and given the extra stress of the labour problems...

I've had a busy day. I've been at "it" since 10 am and I'm very tired. So essentially ^^^^ What she said!

In all seriousness you did a lovely job on the report... so much so you'll just have to get back there a lot sooner so you can write another one for us.

As for the Boardwalk Inn I have a feeling some serious Steven King fans lurk on the design team for that hotel. I wouldn't be surprised if a lounge opened up over there called The "REDRUM".

And as for me, Magical Depress can take my kicking and screaming asp back if they can catch me. I stay until the bitter end....

~NM

Awesome trip report!!! So sorry it has come to and end :sad1: but thanks for sharing your pictures and stories with us!

OK, that is hilarious about the bathroom and the note on the toilet! Good thing you were able to get into that other apartment!

Very cute conversation with that little girl.

Since I have boys, my BBB stories are limited, but my favorite happened to a friend of mine when she took her two girls to Disney. After a beautiful makeover at BBB, the daughter FREAKED OUT and would not be consoled until the family immediately returned to their resort to wash out all of the makeup and hairspray.

All.that.money!

Thanks, again, for all of the smiles!

Hi, I've just finished reading the entire trip report :thumbsup2

I've always loved The Beach Club but now I kind of want to give The Yacht Cub a try lol, your pictures were lovely :goodvibes

If I can get it together for the TOT race it will be September 2013 for me, otherwise 2014 for me too. Booooooo

Thanks for following along. It has been great getting to know you through our trip reports. If business ever brings you to Toronto again, let me know and we can get together for a coffee or drink.

I've had a busy day. I've been at "it" since 10 am and I'm very tired. So essentially ^^^^ What she said!

In all seriousness you did a lovely job on the report... so much so you'll just have to get back there a lot sooner so you can write another one for us.

As for the Boardwalk Inn I have a feeling some serious Steven King fans lurk on the design team for that hotel. I wouldn't be surprised if a lounge opened up over there called The "REDRUM".

And as for me, Magical Depress can take my kicking and screaming asp back if they can catch me. I stay until the bitter end....

~NM

I will take your suggestion to get back to WDW sooner, just to write another report. In the mean time, I hope to live through your trip report at the end of the year.

Thanks for interjecting your humour into my life. It is fun to have it show up at unexpected times and always makes me laugh.

Awesome trip report!!! So sorry it has come to and end :sad1: but thanks for sharing your pictures and stories with us!

OK, that is hilarious about the bathroom and the note on the toilet! Good thing you were able to get into that other apartment!

Very cute conversation with that little girl.

Since I have boys, my BBB stories are limited, but my favorite happened to a friend of mine when she took her two girls to Disney. After a beautiful makeover at BBB, the daughter FREAKED OUT and would not be consoled until the family immediately returned to their resort to wash out all of the makeup and hairspray.

All.that.money!

Thanks, again, for all of the smiles!

I loved talking to that little girl. She was a nice highlight in a long day. Those hairstyles are cute but do like a bit of a burden. I can imagine that there are some girls who can't wait to be rid of it (but I'd be so upset if that were my child.)

Thank you for all your tips and tricks that made our trip better!

Hi, I've just finished reading the entire trip report :thumbsup2

I've always loved The Beach Club but now I kind of want to give The Yacht Cub a try lol, your pictures were lovely :goodvibes

Thanks for reading! It is fun to see people debate YC and BC, but the reality is that they are both fantastic. I'd stay at either side anytime!

Thanks for a great report Janet! I've been reading all along and really enjoyed it. It was nice to see things from a fellow Ontarian's (is that a word??) perspective.

I cannot even imagine arriving home at some ungodly hour only to discover that I couldn't use the toilet. You handled it much better than I would have! :scared1:

Amanda

Thanks for a great report Janet! I've been reading all along and really enjoyed it. It was nice to see things from a fellow Ontarian's (is that a word??) perspective.

I'm all for making up words, so Ontarian works for me. Nice to meet you!

I cannot even imagine arriving home at some ungodly hour only to discover that I couldn't use the toilet. You handled it much better than I would have! :scared1:

Amanda

Although the contractor did a great job, he's not known for getting things done on time, so I thought we might have an issue with the bathroom when we got home. I made sure to tell the superintendent that I wanted the bathroom across the hall as our backup, so I figured he would have left the apartment unlocked for us. But yes - not having our bathroom availalble then was the low point of our trip.

I forgot to add one more thought about the renovations that I only realized a couple of weeks ago. I was talking to my son about how much he is growing and we went to the wall where we have marked his height over the years to compare how much he has grown since we last measured. That's when I realized.... they painted our hall, which means they painted over our growth markings. :sad: You all have seen how I love my growth chart pictures, and now my actual growth chart at home is gone. :sad1:

Just wanted to say I have loved reading your report:)
You captured some amazing photos (even if one of them was the creepiest chair known to mankind:rotfl2:).
So how long before you're planning the next trip lol?

Love the new bathroom by the way but so sad your "growth" chart is gone. Bet you're glad you have all your disney growth markers:)

Just wanted to say I have loved reading your report:)
You captured some amazing photos (even if one of them was the creepiest chair known to mankind:rotfl2:).
So how long before you're planning the next trip lol?

Love the new bathroom by the way but so sad your "growth" chart is gone. Bet you're glad you have all your disney growth markers:)

Thanks for following along!

Sadly, no next trip planned yet, but I know there will be one someday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter