March / April 2018 park hours

nicki.momof3

Addicted to Disney Vacations
We are going to WDW March 29-April 8th. I can make by ADR's on Sept. 30th. At this point WDW only has its calendar posted until mid march. If they add a day at a time I will not have my park hours before my ADR day.

Does anyone have the travel agent April Calendar. I found the March but not April.

Thanks everyone

I don't have the calendars but I will be there the same time as you. I can also make my ADR's on the 30th so I'm waiting as well for park hours. However, I wanted to let you know that when we were there 2 years ago it was also Easter time and they made changes to MK right before we went. They changed MK to EMH at 7am and park opening 8am for the couple days before Easter and all Easter week. Just to keep in mind when making plans.

They are only adding a day at a time, but just like with the ADR system, if you're logged in you can see +10. Otherwise, you can only see 180 out.

ETA: The travel agent calendars haven't been updating until most of the month is "revealed" via the day-by-day publication on the website. The March calendar didn't become available until the end of the month was within the +10 viewing window.

Last edited:
Frustrating! I am in the same boat with a mid April vacation and ADR that are opening in a couple weeks. But even when they post the times, they can change as you get closer. The best bet is to have a couple of reservations to choose from and then as the hours are released and you know what parks you plan on doing what days you then can cancel what you don't need. You can't have over lapping reservations -- i think they have to be at least 45-60 minutes apart so you could in theory pick a 4:45 reservation some where and then pick a 6:00 reservation somewhere else. Of course for the courtesy of other guest you should release reservations you don't intend on using as soon as you can.

Thanks everyone. We always travel at Easter and they typically do expand the hours. It just seems like I usually know the park hours closer. Oh well. I'll do my best. If we don't hit a restaurant this trip we will just have to go back next year.

We are going to WDW March 29-April 8th. I can make by ADR's on Sept. 30th. At this point WDW only has its calendar posted until mid march. If they add a day at a time I will not have my park hours before my ADR day.

Does anyone have the travel agent April Calendar. I found the March but not April.

Thanks everyone

I asked about this 5+ months ago and I believe they have stopped posting TA calendars in advance. I do not understand how this affects Disney or even TAs, but I suppose since they are meant for TAs, they are no longer going public.

They are only adding a day at a time, but just like with the ADR system, if you're logged in you can see +10. Otherwise, you can only see 180 out..

Does this 10 day view open up on the day I have to make reservations? Right now my 180 day is Sept. 30. Even when logged in I can only see up until March 27th. Its frustrating to think I am going to have to log in at 7am to see the hours then figure out which ADR's fit into which days. Never mind we are traveling Easter week for ADR's go fast and are a premium. This system sucks.

Does this 10 day view open up on the day I have to make reservations? Right now my 180 day is Sept. 30. Even when logged in I can only see up until March 27th. Its frustrating to think I am going to have to log in at 7am to see the hours then figure out which ADR's fit into which days. Never mind we are traveling Easter week for ADR's go fast and are a premium. This system sucks.

Honestly, I'm not sure exactly when it is supposed to open. I don't have my package booked - waiting on spring discounts - so I couldn't try it out myself. But when I was complaining about this new day-by-day hours thing, several people have assured me that you can see the +10 if you're logged in and have an active reservation. I did notice, however, that the 5-day view that the park hours site defaults to now is sometimes problematic. Clicking on the month view showed several days that I wasn't able to access via the 5-day view.

Good luck! Planning a peak season trip with the way Disney has things right now must be very stressful. I hope you get everything you're looking for.

For those that have done Easter on this thread - what were the average close times? I'm doing dining this weekend as well and my time concerns are for park closing and fireworks.

Can anyone confirm being able to see hour at 180+? What time does this become available?

We are there at the same time. I was looking at the hours from the week before and it says MK has a "special ticketed event" from 7:30-9am on Sunday and Tuesday. Anyone know what that is? We were planning on going to MK on Tuesday 4/3.

I will also be at WDW on March 29-April 6. My ADR window opens tomorrow and I'm just planning my dinner ADRs based on info I have and what ADR I can get where I want to eat. I'm not making myself crazy. The parks do the same EMH each week so that helps with planning. Plus if you google disney calendars April 2017 it will help with hours for Easter week as Easter was April 16, 2017. I found one on wdwmagic and on in easywdw. The hours may change slightly this year but they seem similar to when I was there Easter week 2016

Thanks everyone

Easter week is much the same each year. Last year Easter was 4/16. So look at this from last year and I suspect this year will end up similarly.

http://**************.net/2017/04/13/next-week-april-15-through-april-23-2017-at-walt-disney-world/

We are there at the same time. I was looking at the hours from the week before and it says MK has a "special ticketed event" from 7:30-9am on Sunday and Tuesday. Anyone know what that is? We were planning on going to MK on Tuesday 4/3.

Early Morning Magic. They haven't officially announced dates or started selling tickets but they're marked on the calendar already. Very helpful for those of us trying to plan an early morning BoG.

Early Morning Magic. They haven't officially announced dates or started selling tickets but they're marked on the calendar already. Very helpful for those of us trying to plan an early morning BoG.
We will be at MK on Sunday march 25, hoping for tix to EMM but holding on to a PPO BOG just in case. Seems that a PPO BOG would still be better than RD. You would think that the EMM crowd would be mostly done in fantasyland by 9 and PPO ADRrs would at least have a jump on the lines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter