March and April 2024 Spring Break Crowds

fumanchu2488

Mouseketeer
We have our oldest going into kindergarten next year and we are hesitant to pull him out of his first year of school for a full week. We have a few weeks in March/April with a day here and there that we are trying to hit (with Spring Break). With Easter being March 31 this year, it seems spring break is odd all over the place. Out of the following weeks, which is best:

- March 18 - 24
- March 30 - April 7
- April 7 - April 14

We could do a wild card week February 17 - 24 but I know almost all northeast schools have off that week so I was thinking that would be the worst.

Historically, the weeks after Easter have milder crowds. You will have reasonably good weather, with a chance of thunderstorms as the last spring cool fronts move through. The EPCOT flowers are usually in full bloom about this time and are spectacular.

Check out some of the crowd calendars for the past few years.

I vote for April 7-14, too. March 18-24 would be my second choice - Spring Break around here in Texas will be over, but it's just getting started elsewhere. Easter Week is almost as crowded as Christmas!

I might be inclined for that April 7 week. Realistically, someone somewhere is on a break from President's Day Week through the last week of April? With peaks around mid-march and Easter.

But I don't have a crystal ball...so who knows?

I would vote for April 7-14, too. In Michigan must spring breaks are the last or 1st week of April and a TON of people go south to FL. Maybe less crowds if you go later

I'm a vote for April, March is going to be crazy as these are the weeks leading up to Easter. The local schools will be out on spring break from March 11-24 and as PP mentioned, the standard is that the weeks leading up to Easter are traditionally a lot more crowded than post easter. We usually go every year after Easter and it's still crowded but not near as bad as March. It's definitely manageable so long as you know what to expect. We have been pre-Easter a few times for long weekends and they were really, really crowded.

Of those choices, I agree with April 7-14. I also would not touch the end of Feb, with President's Day, Princess Run, Daytona - all kinds of stuff during that time period that could bring in the crowds.

I would do the March dates. We have gone in the end of February and early March for years. It was perfect weather wise and crowd wise. However, we haven't been back since 2020.

"Pirate" AP is blocked out March 18 - April 6, inclusive. That's a pretty good indication that Disney thinks those will be the busiest spring weeks, and while their forecasting is likely not perfect, it's probably the best you're going to get. (Feb. 17-19 is also blocked out.)

So my vote is also for April 7-14.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter