March 9, 2019 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean (Fish Extenders/Meets)

christygobar

DIS Veteran
Hi ya'll!

Just booked Spring Break 2019 for us on the Disney Fantasy! I have my DH and our 2 girls who will be 8 and 5 on this cruise. I know it's early, but my kids loved doing FE's on our last cruise so I know they'd love to do it again. At this point, it's way too early to even tell them we're going on this cruise.

Itinerary:
Port Canaveral, Florida
At Sea
At Sea
Tortola, British Virgin Islands 7:30 AM-5:45 PM
St. Thomas, U.S.Virgin Islands 7:45 AM-4:00 PM
At Sea
Disney Castaway Cay 9:30 AM-4:45 PM
Port Canaveral, Florida

Looking forward to it!

Just booked this cruise last week! Third time cruising, second Fantasy trip!

I can’t wait.

Hi ya'll!

Just booked Spring Break 2019 for us on the Disney Fantasy! I have my DH and our 2 girls who will be 8 and 5 on this cruise. I know it's early, but my kids loved doing FE's on our last cruise so I know they'd love to do it again. At this point, it's way too early to even tell them we're going on this cruise.

Itinerary:
Port Canaveral, Florida
At Sea
At Sea
Tortola, British Virgin Islands 7:30 AM-5:45 PM
St. Thomas, U.S.Virgin Islands 7:45 AM-4:00 PM
At Sea
Disney Castaway Cay 9:30 AM-4:45 PM
Port Canaveral, Florida

Looking forward to it!
So excited too! Going to be our sixth cruise and third on the Fantasy - three kids including myself; my brothers aged 16 and 8 and me, 14 :)

Hi ya’ll! We are new to Disney cruises and can’t wait! If anyone had any tips or advice, please share.

Looking forward to our cruise .. would love to participate in the FE program. Is this the current meet?
Kids are 15 (girl), 14 (boy) and 10 (girl)

We just booked our first cruise! Our daughter will only be 2 but absolutely loves Mickey and Minnie and is excited to see the real ones!

We rolled the dice on a VGT and booked this cruise last nite.
So happy and grateful to the Cosmos for being able to cruise with DCL again.
It will be DW, DD13 and myself.

Hey everyone!!! It’s our first Disney Cruise! We have been on all of the other ships but not a Disney one. My son will celebrate his 3rd bday on the ship and I will also bring my 4,7,and 12 yo daughters along with my 13 and 14 yo nieces! We are so excited! Tips would be greatly appreciated! Also what is fish extenders?

We'll be on this cruise also - my wife and I, and daughters ages 10 and 17. We got a very late OGT reservation (and then VGT appeared later on - after we'd already booked OGT...).

I'm curious if most of the cruise is going to be from Texas, seeing as it overlaps Spring Break in much of the state... I get the impression that other places have their break later on.

Also what is fish extenders?
Here's a couple of links that explain fish extenders:
https://www.picturethemagic.com/fish-extenders/
https://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-cruise-line/fish-extender-basics.htm
We've never done one (it feels to us like more stress in planning than the benefit), but I know a lot of people really like them. I think it will mean someone on this thread needs to take the initiative to organize it, though!

(edited to add another link)

Last edited:
We'll be on this cruise also - my wife and I, and daughters ages 10 and 17. We got a very late OGT reservation (and then VGT appeared later on - after we'd already booked OGT...).

I'm curious if most of the cruise is going to be from Texas, seeing as it overlaps Spring Break in much of the state... I get the impression that other places have their break later on.

I think you'll see lots of ppl from Canada (us included, DD13, DW, me) as well.
Most of Canada also has spring break the week of March 11. I've seen lots of Canadians on the facebook group for this cruise.
We also booked kind of late (about a month ago) and also VGT. Still waiting for SR assignment.
22 days!

We booked at the end of January and this will be our first cruise (My wife and I plus our 7 yo and 4 yo). We will be coming from Dallas, TX. We feel like we have learned a second language with all the trade secrets and preparation for the "magical adventure". Because we booked late we were unable to get a cabana on Castaway Key. If there are any families that booked an oversized cabana and have additional space to accommodate four stowaways, we would gladly cover half the costs. Additionally, if you secured one and have since changed your mind, we would gladly cover the entire cost. We are pretty excited, maybe more so than the kids since YouTube 4K has some amazing Disney Cruise content. I wish everyone safe travels and I hope you and the entire family have an amazing experience.

We booked a VGT a couple of weeks ago for the March 9th sailing, myself DH & 5 yo DS, coming from Baltimore, MD. We've cruised before but this is our first Disney Cruise and we are so excited! Has anyone with a *GT received cabin assignment yet? (I can't stop obsessively check the website...). I hope you all have a wonderful trip!

10 days to go! Who is excited?! Finally received our VGT assignment yesterday, and now the cruise feels real!

Hey everyone, we are joining the cruise from Dallas, TX and would love to do a fish extender swap with a family of 4. We have two sons, 12 and 9. Anyone interested?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts