• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

March 25, 2017 - 7 night Eastern Caribbean

Yeahhhhhh! We just booked this trip. We originally booked a trip in April thinking that it would coincide with our kids' spring break. I thought that their spring break would fall the week leading into and following Easter but it actually follows the number of teaching days so it turns out, it will always be the end of March. Luckily, I found the 2016-17 calendar and so we actually switched it to this cruise. The kids know we're going on a Disney cruise and that I needed to switch the date but they don't know that this cruise has the Star Wars Days at Sea. We're going to keep that a surprise from them so they'll love it. We're also doing a WDW trip prior to the cruise and they don't know about that too so it'll be a super surprise when we tell them. Can't wait.

So does anybody actually which day will be the SWDaS day? Looking at the itinerary, my guess is the 2nd sea day as I don't see them doing it on the first sea day and the only other sea day is after the first two port stops, then sea day, and then Castaway Cay.

Also, does anybody know when the RSP and SWDaS items will be available for pre-order?
What is RSP?

We are on this cruise too. This will be our third Disney Cruise. We would also like to be apart of the fish extender group. We have never participated in FE.
2 adults
2 children (F-10 and F-8)
Stateroom 10160
George-Goofy, Shannon-Winnie the Pooh, F-10 Cinderella and F-8 Minnie Mouse

What else do I need to do to participate?

By the way, I'll be happy to maintain the FE list. You can either send me a PM or post here. You may want to include the following information:

2 Adults, 1 Child (F - 13) - so include # of adults and children and ages and gender of children
Names (you can include in your PM or post public if you like or just leave the names off)
Stateroom number
Favorite Characters
Any other items to note (allergies, etc.)
If we split the exchange, would you want to be in multiple groups?

I can either keep the FE in a thread or keep a shareable sheet (this has worked well for our other DIS FE exchanges).

So, for us, we have:

2 Adults, 1 Child (F - 13)
Brad, Jennifer, and Delaney (F-13)
Stateroom 7688
Brad - Mickey, Delaney - Dumbo, Jennifer - Villains
We would want to be in all groups if split

We will need to vote on when to close the FE exchange. On our Norway cruise, we closed 1 month early, which was somewhat close. I prefer 45 days, but would love to see what the group thinks. Also, we can split the exchange into smaller groups if we get large enough (generally around 20 cabins).

Please remember, no mention of other Social media sites. This is strictly a DIS FE exchange and will be maintained here on the DISboards.

Looking forward to it!

We are on this cruise too. This will be our third Disney Cruise. We would also like to be apart of the fish extender group. We have never participated in FE.
2 adults
Stateroom 10160

2 adults
Stateroom 10160

Hi! I'll get you added to the list tonight! Welcome aboard!

My DD14 might like to get to know some girls via social media/texting ahead of the cruse since she will be the only one in our group her age (last time a cousin sailed with us). She is really sweet, but is a little nervous socially due to Aspergers. If anyone has a daughter her age who might be interested in getting to know mine before the cruise, it could make hanging out that week a lot more fun! Let me know...you can PM me. Thanks!
DD6 could also meet a friend(s) ahead of time closer to the cruise...maybe the old fashioned pen pal way.

My DD14 might like to get to know some girls via social media/texting ahead of the cruse since she will be the only one in our group her age (last time a cousin sailed with us). She is really sweet, but is a little nervous socially due to Aspergers. If anyone has a daughter her age who might be interested in getting to know mine before the cruise, it could make hanging out that week a lot more fun! Let me know...you can PM me. Thanks!
DD6 could also meet a friend(s) ahead of time closer to the cruise...maybe the old fashioned pen pal way.
Long story short, I'm taking my 14 year old niece for spring break. She doesn't know she's going yet. I'm going to surprises her in the fall after school gets back in. She has never been on a cruise before. Would like her to make friends before we go as well. We will be participating in the fish exstenders as well.

Long story short, I'm taking my 14 year old niece for spring break. She doesn't know she's going yet. I'm going to surprises her in the fall after school gets back in. She has never been on a cruise before. Would like her to make friends before we go as well. We will be participating in the fish exstenders as well.
What a great surprise! Is it just going to be you two? After you tell her let me know and we'll make introductions. My name is Allison, we live outside Chicago and it will be our second cruise.

What a great surprise! Is it just going to be you two? After you tell her let me know and we'll make introductions. My name is Allison, we live outside Chicago and it will be our second cruise.
My Name is Majka (mika ). I'm too new to this website to pm you. Please let me know the best way to connect with you. Email, Facebook, what ever is best for you. We're from Idaho. This is my second Disney cruise, but it will be her first. Look forward to hearing from you.

My Name is Majka (mika ). I'm too new to this website to pm you. Please let me know the best way to connect with you. Email, Facebook, what ever is best for you. We're from Idaho. This is my second Disney cruise, but it will be her first. Look forward to hearing from you.
I will be inviteing her on Sunday. So whenever you want to start the pen pal efforts.

Last edited:
My neice would love to have a pen pal before the cruise. Please get back to me so we can get this started.

I'm thinking about the FE group...please add me to the list for now! Majkayc and I are going to get our 14yo girls together on social media prior to the cruise...any other girls that age that would like to make some friends to sail with ahead of time are welcome! Just sends message and I'll add you to our conversation. My 6 yo daughter would also like some new friends.
Finally, I am trying to decide on port adventures in Tortola...thinking the Baths but not sure if the 6 yo would enjoy the long ferry ride...any suggestions? Thoughts?

I'm thinking about the FE group...please add me to the list for now! Majkayc and I are going to get our 14yo girls together on social media prior to the cruise...any other girls that age that would like to make some friends to sail with ahead of time are welcome! Just sends message and I'll add you to our conversation. My 6 yo daughter would also like some new friends.
Finally, I am trying to decide on port adventures in Tortola...thinking the Baths but not sure if the 6 yo would enjoy the long ferry ride...any suggestions? Thoughts?
Done! As an FYI, here is the list up to this point.

March 25, 2017 SWDAS Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Fish Extender Exchange Group

1) tidefan
2) Majkayc
3) Rowan cecil
4) emjshallow
5) CNMomma
6) BlondeAlligator

By the way, I'll be happy to maintain the FE list. You can either send me a PM or post here. You may want to include the following information:

2 Adults, 1 Child (F - 13) - so include # of adults and children and ages and gender of children
Names (you can include in your PM or post public if you like or just leave the names off)
Stateroom number
Favorite Characters
Any other items to note (allergies, etc.)
If we split the exchange, would you want to be in multiple groups?

I can either keep the FE in a thread or keep a shareable sheet (this has worked well for our other DIS FE exchanges).

So, for us, we have:

2 Adults, 1 Child (F - 13)
Brad, Jennifer, and Delaney (F-13)
Stateroom 7688
Brad - Mickey, Delaney - Dumbo, Jennifer - Villains
We would want to be in all groups if split

We will need to vote on when to close the FE exchange. On our Norway cruise, we closed 1 month early, which was somewhat close. I prefer 45 days, but would love to see what the group thinks. Also, we can split the exchange into smaller groups if we get large enough (generally around 20 cabins).

Please remember, no mention of other Social media sites. This is strictly a DIS FE exchange and will be maintained here on the DISboards.

Looking forward to it!

Hi there! I would love to join the Fish Extenders, too!
2 Adults: Tom and Laura
3 Children: (Boys:) 17 - Jordan, 15 - Andrew, 12 - Matthew
Staterooms: 6672 and 6670
Tom - Remy
Laura - Remy
Jordan - not sure
Andrew - not sure
Matthew - not sure (can't ask them yet--the trip is still a surprise!)
We'd love to be in multiple groups!

Thanks so much for starting this!!!

That would be really nice, but that's a lot more then I want to spend. Thanks for the idea.
You can stay at a Disney resort property for ~$250. They'll handle luggage, free shuttle from airport, etc. That's what we do....easy.

Mixology: On our last cruise I seem to remember that some people from the FE group set up a (private?) Mixology class. By the time we got on board, all Mixology courses were full (boo!). Anyone know if and/or how we can set up a Mixology class for a group?

Mixology: On our last cruise I seem to remember that some people from the FE group set up a (private?) Mixology class. By the time we got on board, all Mixology courses were full (boo!). Anyone know if and/or how we can set up a Mixology class for a group?

I spoke to DCL yesterday and they helped me create a special event request for this. Will let folks know if something gets scheduled and if there are open spots.

Yeahhhhhh! We just booked this trip. We originally booked a trip in April thinking that it would coincide with our kids' spring break. I thought that their spring break would fall the week leading into and following Easter but it actually follows the number of teaching days so it turns out, it will always be the end of March. Luckily, I found the 2016-17 calendar and so we actually switched it to this cruise. The kids know we're going on a Disney cruise and that I needed to switch the date but they don't know that this cruise has the Star Wars Days at Sea. We're going to keep that a surprise from them so they'll love it. We're also doing a WDW trip prior to the cruise and they don't know about that too so it'll be a super surprise when we tell them. Can't wait.

So does anybody actually which day will be the SWDaS day? Looking at the itinerary, my guess is the 2nd sea day as I don't see them doing it on the first sea day and the only other sea day is after the first two port stops, then sea day, and then Castaway Cay.

Also, does anybody know when the RSP and SWDaS items will be available for pre-order?
DCL told me yesterday that SWDaS will likely be on Thursday (day between ports of call and Castaway Cay). Everything subject to change and all other disclaimers... :)

Hi Everybody! Now that my school year has started, I feel like this cruise is getting REAL! I booked just a few days after the booking opened, so the wait has been FOREVER! We would love to do the FE exchange, I'll post my info below. Husband and I would also love to do a Mixology class if someone gets one set up, I'd love to join!

2 Adults: Carrie and Ben
1 Child: Lucy (F-5)
Stateroom: 6646
We all love Pixar! Incredibles and UP are the favorites. Lucy also love Minnie, Ariel, Belle .... really - anything Disney! haha

I would probably just stay in 1 group - trying not to get too overwhelmed. This is our first cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter