March 25, 2017 - 7 night Eastern Caribbean

Yeahhhhhh! We just booked this trip. We originally booked a trip in April thinking that it would coincide with our kids' spring break. I thought that their spring break would fall the week leading into and following Easter but it actually follows the number of teaching days so it turns out, it will always be the end of March. Luckily, I found the 2016-17 calendar and so we actually switched it to this cruise. The kids know we're going on a Disney cruise and that I needed to switch the date but they don't know that this cruise has the Star Wars Days at Sea. We're going to keep that a surprise from them so they'll love it. We're also doing a WDW trip prior to the cruise and they don't know about that too so it'll be a super surprise when we tell them. Can't wait.

So does anybody actually which day will be the SWDaS day? Looking at the itinerary, my guess is the 2nd sea day as I don't see them doing it on the first sea day and the only other sea day is after the first two port stops, then sea day, and then Castaway Cay.

Also, does anybody know when the RSP and SWDaS items will be available for pre-order?

Thanks for starting this thread! I've been watching for one to start for a while now. :)

We are so excited to be on our first cruise! Our daughter will be 5 when we sail.

We will be on this cruise! This will be our 3rd cruise. I am so excited. I am very interested in doing FE this time. It will be my first time. Can't wait :)

In for 3/25/17! This will be our 4th Disney cruise. Surprised at how much the prices have climbed and how few staterooms were available. Couldn't get the early dinner seating either! But hey, we're on the boat and excited about it.

Should add, we are traveling with our, will be, DD10 (5th grade). She'll have her 3 & 6 year old cousins with her, but we really want her to use the kids club. The adults are hoping for some free time!

This is our 3rd Disney Cruise. We have never done the fish extender thing before. We would like to do it this cruise. Any advice of how we get involved with it?

I am very interested in doing FE this time.

We have never done the fish extender thing before. We would like to do it this cruise. Any advice of how we get involved with it?
Well, it's a little early for setting up a Fish Extender group for this cruise. Typically 6-8 months out is a good time to get things going. There may be FE groups organized on other sites, but they are not DISboards connected, and links or search directions to them are not allowed.

For anyone interested in setting up the group, I've got a little information:

SETTING UP A FE GROUP
There really are no “rules” as to how a FE program runs. Basically someone will step up and say “I’ll maintain the list”. This means they maintain the list of those who wish to participate. The group can decide on what information is necessary to produce FE gifts. A basic list may only have DISname/room number/number of people in the room. A more involved list could be first & last names/ages/room number/ favorite character/ favorite color/allergies/whatever is deemed necessary to know in order to create the gifts. Also a decision can be made as to size of FE group. Some groups break out the list(s) at 10-15 rooms max, so that there are multiple lists (and some people will participate in more than one list). Other groups just make one big list (upwards of 20-30 rooms).

The easiest, most private way to handle the information necessary to prepare the list (many people prefer not to put sensitive information on a public forum), is to use the “Conversation” feature here. There needs to be at least two people to start a conversation. Only the starter of the conversation (usually the organizer) can add additional people into the conversation (as long as they do NOT select “Allow anyone in the conversation to invite others” at the bottom of the reply window). Then when new people express a desire to join, usually by just saying “we want to join the FE”, the organizer can add them by clicking on the “Invite more” button in the “Conversation Participants” window (lower right of conversation page). Only those people participating in the conversation can see what’s posted there, and respond there. I will also note, to participate in conversations, everyone needs to have at least 10 posts. For those who wish to use this option for private conversations that don’t have 10 posts yet, head over to the Test Board to post and up your post count. http://www.disboards.com/forums/test-board.88/

Up to 20 people can participate in any given conversation.

At some point the list will “close”. Typically this happens 30-45 days out from the cruise, so that everyone participating has time to organize/prepare their gifts. Shortly before this time (about 2-3 weeks prior) the organizer will post the list, either directly on the Cruise Meet thread, OR via private conversation, or, possibly, via e-mails. This is to confirm everyone on the list is still participating. It’s important to make a statement about “anyone not confirming by XX date will be dropped” at this time. A little harsh, yes, but often there are people who will post on the cruise meet thread as soon as they reserve the cruise and say “I want to participate”, and are never heard from again.

Once the list closes, the organizer will post the final list. Also, a decision must be made as to whether to allow late additions. Sometimes there is a “pixie dust” list. That is, basically, a latecomers list that gets posted about a week out from the cruise that others may or may not add to their “final” list. Be sure the “pixie dust” list participants realize they may or may not get gifts from others, but are expected to provide gifts for the other FE participants anyway.

The other “biggie” is no other social media sites are allowed to be linked or search directions posted as to how to find that other site here on DISboards. Please read this: http://www.disboards.com/threads/im...uise-meet-and-fish-extender-programs.3353477/

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
We are on this cruise as well! Glad we booked it while on our 3-day in January before it was a SWDAS cruise as prices have really climbed since we booked. Looking forward to it (though I wish it went to St Maarten instead of St Thomas)...

We are so excited! It's our 2nd cruise but first time to do the fish extenders :earboy2:

We will be joining you all on this cruise!
Me(40), DH(44), DD(11 at sailing), DD(9 at sailing)

I've been reading some trip reports here at the DIS with both SWDAS and just the Eastern Caribbean itinerary in general. I CAN'T WAIT!
I have to sadly say our daughters have not even seen one Star Wars movie yet, so we will have to binge watch so they know what the heck is going on! We had this booked before the announcement that it would be a Star Wars cruise.

By the way, I'll be happy to maintain the FE list. You can either send me a PM or post here. You may want to include the following information:

2 Adults, 1 Child (F - 13) - so include # of adults and children and ages and gender of children
Names (you can include in your PM or post public if you like or just leave the names off)
Stateroom number
Favorite Characters
Any other items to note (allergies, etc.)
If we split the exchange, would you want to be in multiple groups?

I can either keep the FE in a thread or keep a shareable sheet (this has worked well for our other DIS FE exchanges).

So, for us, we have:

2 Adults, 1 Child (F - 13)
Brad, Jennifer, and Delaney (F-13)
Stateroom 7688
Brad - Mickey, Delaney - Dumbo, Jennifer - Villains
We would want to be in all groups if split

We will need to vote on when to close the FE exchange. On our Norway cruise, we closed 1 month early, which was somewhat close. I prefer 45 days, but would love to see what the group thinks. Also, we can split the exchange into smaller groups if we get large enough (generally around 20 cabins).

Please remember, no mention of other Social media sites. This is strictly a DIS FE exchange and will be maintained here on the DISboards.

Looking forward to it!

Last edited:
I will be on this cruise with my niece( F-14 ) and myself (F-42) This will be her first cruise my second. I am so excited. I am very interested in doing FE this time. It will be my first time.

By the way, I'll be happy to maintain the FE list. You can either send me a PM or post here. You may want to include the following information:

2 Adults, 1 Child (F - 13) - so include # of adults and children and ages and gender of children
Names (you can include in your PM or post public if you like or just leave the names off)
Stateroom number
Favorite Characters

I can either keep the FE in a thread or keep a shareable sheet (this has worked well for our other DIS FE exchanges).

So, for us, we have:

Stateroom 7688

We will need to vote on when to close the FE exchange. On our Norway cruise, we closed 1 month early, which was somewhat close. I prefer 45 days, but would love to see what the group thinks. Also, we can split the exchange into smaller groups if we get large enough (generally around 20 cabins).

Please remember, no mention of other Social media sites. This is strictly a DIS FE exchange and will be maintained here on the DISboards.

Looking forward to it!

Stateroom number
Favorite Characters

So, for us, we have:

Stateroom 7688

Looking forward to it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter