March 2023 W.I.S.H.- Spring Into Health!

Today I am thankful for my little town and that I get to live here.

So far I am getting what I had hoped for from the move... it is easy to get in and out of the house (other house had high steps) and easy to get around town which is making it easy to get things done. People are relaxed and friendly and it is easy to find social things to do. I'm looking forward to being here during the Spring and Summer and thankful that I moved during winter so that I am going in to those seasons not away from them.

Yesterday I finally put together a good nutrition and calorie day and got in 10,000 steps. This morning I was down another pound and back to where I started the month, so thankful for that. I'm hoping I can lose at least two more pounds before the end of the month, but it will take -four to get back to what I had originally planned.

Thankful that the plumbing issue we had here at home is minor and is being repaired right now. Although it’s a couple hundred dollars we didn’t plan on spending it’s also not $1,000 which was a possibility.

Thankful for compressed work schedules and having tomorrow off.

Doing a belated bday dinner for oldest DS tomorrow at 5-pizza, Stromboli, salad, cheesecake and Rice Krispie treats with berry skittles mixed in.

I do need to clean tomorrow morning before my niece arrives for the day.

I have been trying to call sams club all day to ask them to put a cheesecake back for me but their phones have been down! Gonna leave here in a bit and hopefully grab one and a salad.

Happy Thursday!

I’m happy to report that my classroom had no water damage. I went to school early and spent 45 minutes putting my classroom back together.

I’m thankful that the potential disaster was nothing more than an inconvenience. My colleague in the classroom above me suffered a lot of damage unfortunately.

The culprits were summoned to the main office this morning. Hopefully they had to deal with some real consequences. There’s no doubt that they flooded the school on purpose because they shoved paper towels in the drains to ensure that the sinks would overflow.

I’m happy to report that my classroom had no water damage. I went to school early and spent 45 minutes putting my classroom back together.

I’m thankful that the potential disaster was nothing more than an inconvenience. My colleague in the classroom above me suffered a lot of damage unfortunately.

The culprits were summoned to the main office this morning. Hopefully they had to deal with some real consequences. There’s no doubt that they flooded the school on purpose because they shoved paper towels in the drains to ensure that the sinks would overflow.
So glad your room was OK!

But sad that kids would do something like that.

It was cold and wet here yesterday, so to get in any steps at all I went to Safeway and wandered up and down the aisles, then did some walking in place at home to at least get to 5000. With that I managed to stay on track with my 500 calorie deficit and this morning was down another pound. If I can drop another over the weekend I'll be back on track. I have the group walk tomorrow, so that should help.

Other plans for the weekend... getting outside to do some garden/yard work. I'm hosting Easter, so I want to add some bits of color and clean things up.

10/12
Anyone else, as soon as it warmed up ever so slightly, start getting into vacation mode? We have two road trips planned this summer for short trips within a few hours of home....and I have been on a LET ME BUY EVERY RANDOM CARTRIP ITEM AMAZON RECOMMENDS FOR ME kick. Like legit a car garbage can? SURE! Hand soap sheets? SO HANDY. Disposable toilet things? ADD TO CART.
Please someone tell me this isn't just a me thing!
Plus side I did soup or salad for lunch every week day this week.

10/12
Anyone else, as soon as it warmed up ever so slightly, start getting into vacation mode? We have two road trips planned this summer for short trips within a few hours of home....and I have been on a LET ME BUY EVERY RANDOM CARTRIP ITEM AMAZON RECOMMENDS FOR ME kick. Like legit a car garbage can? SURE! Hand soap sheets? SO HANDY. Disposable toilet things? ADD TO CART.
Please someone tell me this isn't just a me thing!
Plus side I did soup or salad for lunch every week day this week.
Totally! Last year we went to Cape Cod and stayed at the resort on the bay where I spent my childhood summers. Everyone had nice umbrellas or canopies for the picnic tables. We watched the umbrellas not do well in the breeze. So we bought a very nice canopy. Then DH decided that we needed a portable Weber grill that matched. Days later he ordered the stand because the grill is going to be too big for the stands provided. So, yeah. We’re right there with you!

It’s cold and raw here…40 degrees but feels like 32. Mixed precipitation. Yuck.

Two of my closest friends are hurting. One lost a lifelong friend and the other, my school BFF, lost her father. So sad.

As for me, I’m spending the day with DD…no better way to spend the day. She’s attending a yoga class at our spa while I’m relaxing at Panera. Soon I’ll be joining her there for mani pedis.

1679757881139.png

As someone who really doesn't watch Disney movies, I'm pretty good at guessing.

Eked out another 500 calorie deficit day yesterday, despite it being cold and wet again. It's looking pretty good outside for this morning's lake walk, so happy about that. And happy to be burning more calories today so I can eat a bit more.

Worked my two twelve hour days so had Friday off. It was so nice to get my morning walk in with friends! Poor DH is out of retirement again so I had the house to myself! Just lovely. He also worked some today. Not sure what he is planning for next week, but it is my spring break.

The scale was down this week, so that was a treat to see! Hoping it continues since I'm not at work where there have been treats and potlucks aplenty!

Yes, hello Sunday my friend.

Today I really am going to unpack/repack the shed, but I'm going out to breakfast first. I haven't decided where today's walk is going to be, but it needs to be a good one. The hike with the walking group yesterday was very challenging and I need to keep up at that level of effort if I'm going to get good conditioning going. And I need to lose 2 pounds this week to be back on track with where I had planned to be at the end of March, so that also means keep moving.

Happy Sunday everyone.

It’s time to start planning April. I would like April 10-16 if that’s okay with everyone.

4/3/23 - 4/9/23: Oneanne
4/10/23 - 4/16/23: Summer
4/17/23 - 4/23/23: ShannyMcB
4/24/23 - 4/30/23: PollyannaMom

Last edited:
Happy Sunday!!

It’s a absolutely gorgeous day here after 2 days of miserable weather, so seeing the sun is such a treat.

Had a pizza party for DS1 bday Friday evening and it was nice to see everyone and great to celebrate. Ate terrible-pizza, Stromboli, cheesecake…

Yesterday was so rainy. So so rainy. I did 2 spca walking shifts-am and late afternoon and got 6 (wet) miles in.

I had a great brunch with friends this morning. New place and everything we got was delicious. Completely unhealthy but honestly worth every single calorie.

Going to take a nice walk soon! Enjoy your Sunday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter