March 2020 trip

Southern Dis Fan

Earning My Ears
First time poster, long time reader here. We are planning a Hollywood/Disneyland/LA trip for March 2020. Trying to decide if 2 full days for Disneyland and DCA is enough. I was thinking 3, but the touring plans crowd calendar is currently showing our Disneyland day as a crowd level 1 out of 10. Wondering if we could get it done in one day or if we should budget an additional day. Does anyone have any experience with the accuracy of the touring plans crowd calendar thus far out? Thanks!

any crowd calendars and touring plans are currently void after May 31 2019. They are all based off historical data and at this stage until Star Wars Galaxys Edge opens on May 31 2019, no can tell you or predict what the park crowd levels will be like.

The TP crowd calendars have never been very accurate for DLR, so I wouldn’t go by those. I would definitely do 3 days if you’re worried about doing everything. And even with 3 days, I would get MP. If you just want to hit the highlights & aren’t worried about missing some stuff, then 2 days is fine.

I’d give it 3 days, regardless. March is usually pretty busy anyway because of spring breaks. You could certainly do it in two, but you’d be rushed and you’d miss a lot. My ideal is 3 full days with a half day on each end- travel and arrive midday, then 3 days, then a half day till we take off for home. You could intersperse your three days with beach days and sight seeing- don’t have to do them all in a row.
Sounds like a fun trip!

any crowd calendars and touring plans are currently void after May 31 2019. They are all based off historical data and at this stage until Star Wars Galaxys Edge opens on May 31 2019, no can tell you or predict what the park crowd levels will be like.

When are you going in March? We are going the first week, Mon-Thurs, and Undercover Tourist shows crowd levels of 5 and 6. After that, it’s 8s and 9s due to spring break.

We actually increased our trip from three days to four. Three days seems to be the recommendated trip length as of right now. With the addition of Star Wars Galaxy Edge (and it being important to my husband to tour), we thought the extra day was a good idea.

When are you going in March? We are going the first week, Mon-Thurs, and Undercover Tourist shows crowd levels of 5 and 6. After that, it’s 8s and 9s due to spring break.

We actually increased our trip from three days to four. Three days seems to be the recommendated trip length as of right now. With the addition of Star Wars Galaxy Edge (and it being important to my husband to tour), we thought the extra day was a good idea.

Tentatively March 6-8 at DLR but that could change.

I think they will be low because it's the first week of march.
This year Americas spring break was the 2nd/3rd week in March. We always vacation the first or second week in march for that reason.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter