MARCH 2017 Car Rental Rate Thread!

Budget dropped today from $326 to $283. That is some progress. Would like to see it drop to at least $250.

Costco, March 2-9, mid size SUV.

Glad I can cancel the prior higher bookings right on the Costco website.

Yes - that's exactly it - goes from a daily rate of about $30 a day to a weekly rate of close to $400!!
Funny thing is - I checked and if I were to rent 3/3-3/7, go back to the airport and rent it for one more day, the total cost would be $140 (which we wouldn't do, of course). But renting it for 3/3-3/8 is more than twice that.

Okay folks, here's one to try. I just got an email from Budget for a "Jessica's deal". Its supposedly only thru February, but I'm seeing one decent rate that works for my dates at the end of March.

Start at budget.com and use a BCD of D726100 and coupon MUWZ018 . Put your dates in and see what happens. In my case, it barked at the dates, so if that happens, remove the coupon code (MUWZ018). Resubmit it if the coupon didn't work. The rates I got back were almost all bad, with the exception of a weekly $200 rate (that's base, about $270 total) for an intermediate SUV. While not spectacular, that's a lot better than what I've been seeing lately. I happen to still have an Alamo car a little bit less so I'll stick with that. Also, I haven't tried it, but if you have some other Budget coupon codes that do work, you might get lucky.

Again, the codes I mentioned above are definitely public with no strings attached, so go ahead and give a try. The coupon is also electronic only, so they won't be asking you for it at MCO.

Good luck...hope someone finds something...

EDITED: Actually the "Jessica's deal" appears in an orange box at the bottom of the main Budget page and uses the codes referenced above. If you go this route, if it says it can't use the coupon, clear out the coupon code and resubmit.

Last edited:
Now mine dropped again, $283 to $253. This was for March 2-9, intermediate SUV, Budget, thru the Costco Travel website. I will try the above procedure to compare rate. Alamo also dropped but is still more than Budget.

Got same price using the code richmo posted, $253, except it would not let me keep my Fastbreak #? (It is easier for me to use Costco.)

Last edited:

My rental went down AGAIN today, from $253, to $227.

Mid SUV, Budget, using Costco Travel website, March 2-9.

At this point, I am pretty darn happy! 10 days ago, it was $359.

My rental went down AGAIN today, from $253, to $227.

Mid SUV, Budget, using Costco Travel website, March 2-9.

At this point, I am pretty darn happy! 10 days ago, it was $359.
That's great..but as you know, stay persistent. You're close to that few weeks out that drops often happen and maybe you just hit it. Maybe you'll do a little better, but $227 for a mid-SUV for a week is pretty good...

Right now, I'm at $280 for a compact for March 10-17. Most places are roughly $500. Looks like the prices are starting to drop. Hoping to cut the price in half. Crossing my fingers.

... Looks like the prices are starting to drop...

I agree. With Alamo, the prices I'm seeing today (about $270 total for weekly rate) are still about $50 above what I reserved many months ago, but the same quotes last week were in the $400+ range. I'm near the end of March, so those of you earlier in the month should be seeing some better rates earlier. Getting to be time to check more frequently, if you're not doing it already.

Budget is holding at $227, Avis is $233, and unfortunately, Alamo has dropped but is $327. I check it 1-2X a day.

Good luck other March travelers.

Edit: went to $213 tonight. It is very encouraging because the rates were very high until 2 weeks ago.

Last edited:
...with the exception of a weekly $200 rate (that's base, about $270 total) for an intermediate SUV....

Didn't want to repeat the whole post above (#43), but I checked it again this morning and for my dates the (3/24-29) the same deal is now $185 base/$253 total. Still doesn't beat my Alamo ressie, but the overall trend is a little more encouraging.

WOW, just went and checked budget and the intermediate SUV has gone up 200 to 424 for 3/4-10. Glad I checked earlier and got my price down to 222. that's tax and all

Yes, my SUV for a week is $213, and it has jumped by $200 with Budget. Now $368-$424. it was lowest between 3-4 weeks out from my trip. Will keep watching of course, I check 2X a day, morning and evening.

The best that I could find was with undercover tourist. I need a minivan and am flying into Sanford 3/5-3/14. I got it for $28 per day for a total of $370. The cheapest I could find elsewhere was over $500.

Saw some movement today. March 4th - 22nd in a full size. Dropped from $633 to $568 (Dollar city Special)

Checked Hertz using the mouse savers code and was able to do even better. March 4th - 22nd full size for $523.49

Hertz dropped again for March 4th - 22nd Fullsize for $509.23
Can I ask what codes you are using? I'm still at $280 for a compact for March 10-17. Prices started to drop, but seem to be holding around $400. Thanks!

Can I ask what codes you are using? I'm still at $280 for a compact for March 10-17. Prices started to drop, but seem to be holding around $400. Thanks!

I'm seeing $161.38 for those dates using the mouse savers (Hertz) CDP 2011420, give it a shot.

I'm seeing $161.38 for those dates using the mouse savers (Hertz) CDP 2011420, give it a shot.
I just tried it and I'm seeing $308. Maybe because I'm picking up at 9am and dropping off a 5pm. I must be doing something wrong, lol.

I just tried it and I'm seeing $308. Maybe because I'm picking up at 9am and dropping off a 5pm. I must be doing something wrong, lol.

hmm. Not sure why it would give you a different rate. Could be that I'm booking from Canada.

Screen Shot 2017-02-12 at 2.50.58 PM.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter