Marceline Market - is this the Wish’s “Cabanas”?

Appears to be so. We have only cruised DCL, but I have seen videos of other ships where their buffet setup seems to be what is described.

I think it works out better. We’ve seen this on the NCL Bliss, and I liked the layout, different stations, and shorter lines. Also, they serve the food to you. I wouldn’t be surprised if they reformatted Cabanas in the way for the other ships on future dry docks.

Also, they serve the food to you. I wouldn’t be surprised if they reformatted Cabanas in the way for the other ships on future dry docks.

Yes, I noticed that they never used the word “buffet” in the press release.

To each their own, but not being able to self-serve is a huge negative for me. I understand why we can’t do that right now, but I sure hope the change isn’t permanent at Cabanas.

Yes, I noticed that they never used the word “buffet” in the press release.

To each their own, but not being able to self-serve is a huge negative for me. I understand why we can’t do that right now, but I sure hope the change isn’t permanent at Cabanas.
I work at a university and our dining hall has always been like this. The only thing that is annoying that you can’t serve yourself is the salad bar. I hate having to tell the person exactly how many croutons I want ha ha. Everything else is no big deal with the server getting it for you.

I work at a university and our dining hall has always been like this. The only thing that is annoying that you can’t serve yourself is the salad bar. I hate having to tell the person exactly how many croutons I want ha ha. Everything else is no big deal with the server getting it for you.

I'll be interested in seeing what the post-cruise DCL surveys have to say about this. I believe @brentm77 posted an article where the president of Carnival stated that, overall, cruise passengers prefer to serve themselves in this context vs. being served.

I feel like there's a pretty good split between people on the Self Serve vs. Buffet ideas. Everyone will have their own preference.

In reading the article, it feels like Marceline Market will be more similar to the current poolside options (The Cars Grab and go's on DD and DF, Pinoccio's/Daisy's Delights on DM and DW) than Cabanas with a counter and ordering from a Crew Member instead of grabbing it yourself.

Honestly, from a sanitation perspective it makes far more sense to move away from the buffet style dining options. (Norovirus anyone?) I personally don't like Cabanas. I'm on vacation and I'm paying tips I'm certainly going to eat in the sit down restaurants. We MIGHT go to cabanas once on embark day but that's usually about it. We are certainly different from others, each group is going to have the options that serve them better.

Additionally, it will help them to cut down on food waste in the kitchens also if buffets are ended.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter