Marathon weekend resort availability?

PoohBears#1fan

DIS Veteran
Thinking ahead to '22, we're hoping for a 2 bed at BCV, we've never been out over a race weekend in the past and know availability can be difficult, is this likely to be difficult to get at 11 months please?

I've never had to walk a reservation in 18 years of ownership and hope not to.

Thank you :)

For marathon weekend in Jan, BCV (all room sizes) have always been open at 11-months out. For BCV that has actually been the case year round, except in a few years in the past studios had an issue for a day or two in first week of Dec and right around NYE.

Last edited:
Just BWV standard studios or 2BR need to be walked currently for that timeframe....out of the 2 resorts (BCV and BWV). But one can't delay booking if that's where you want to be (those 2 resorts). Don't wait months to book.

I've never had to walk a reservation in 18 years of ownership and hope not to.
If you are concerned it can't hurt to start your reservation a few days ahead and just move it along. It gives you peace of mind, or if you want to wait then have a back up plan. I think going for a larger room size does put the odds in your corner.

Side note, the most requested Guaranteed Week contracts (based on last 3 DVC resort offerings) are the Christmas Holidays and the weeks around the Disney runs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter