Marathon Sunday Morning Post

Honeibee

<font color=darkgreen>Lives in Fear of Sweeps<br><
Good morning everyone. Gosh this is nerve-wracking. :hyper: I'm tracking Christa and every time my phone goes off I get all excited! :banana: She's awesome! :worship:

I CAN NOT WAIT til next year! ::yes::

ETA OT: Geez, my picture got really little. :eek:

Good luck to everyone who is running today!! We're thinking about you!! I hope my big bro and SIL are doing great!!!!!!

Am I the first one back, showered and online???

Anyhow-- I did finish in a time of 4:33:07. I fell off pace the last 8 miles or so, but hey, I'm not complaining, because I finished!!! :banana: And I have my medal!! :banana: :banana:

I had an absolute blast. I guess the training for next year is a go.

Can't wait to hear everyone else's results.

Thanks everyone! Couldn't have done it without you!!

Solotraveler :earsboy:

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

OMG that is FAB-U-LOUS! (And yes I do believe you are the first one back!) Wow! Congratulations! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Thanks for checking in. I too can't wait to hear from everyone! This has been very exciting! :hyper:

Correction--they just updated my chip time :) Now I am officially 4:28.35!!! :banana: :banana:

Race report to follow at some point.

Well I made it.

I did in fact complete the full marathon and received the Mickey and Goofy medals to go with Saturday's Donald. The set of 3 medals is lying on the bed.

My full marathon was certainly a tale of 2 races. I felt pretty good in the beginning and hit the half marathon point in 2:15:10, but then began to quickly fall apart. The hardest part mentally was heading toward the Animal Kingdom and winding through that park. Physically things were at the worst near the end but once I entered the Disney Studios I knew I was going to make it, the only questions were how long and how much pain?

My chip time was 4:47:34, so it took me 2:32:24 to get from 13.1 to 26.2. I cannot complain about the result.

I can complain, however, about how I felt last night and still today. Very sore left knee and right ankle. Completely unable to go up or down stairs last night, and barely able to do so today. And of course, asleep by 9:30 last night.

I'm not sure it's the smartest thing I ever did, but I made it.

Craig

Craig - Thank you for posting! I've been wondering how you did.

Congrats on being Goofy :cool1: :banana: ::yes:: :hyper: :worship:

solotraveler said:
Am I the first one back, showered and online???

Anyhow-- I did finish in a time of 4:33:07. I fell off pace the last 8 miles or so, but hey, I'm not complaining, because I finished!!! :banana: And I have my medal!! :banana: :banana:

I had an absolute blast. I guess the training for next year is a go.

Can't wait to hear everyone else's results.

Thanks everyone! Couldn't have done it without you!!

Glad to see you posted your time. I was thinking about you Sunday. It was very nice meeting you Friday evening on the bus. Keep up the training and you'll be doing the Goofy next year.

Calcio said:
Well I made it.

I did in fact complete the full marathon and received the Mickey and Goofy medals to go with Saturday's Donald. The set of 3 medals is lying on the bed.

My full marathon was certainly a tale of 2 races. I felt pretty good in the beginning and hit the half marathon point in 2:15:10, but then began to quickly fall apart. The hardest part mentally was heading toward the Animal Kingdom and winding through that park. Physically things were at the worst near the end but once I entered the Disney Studios I knew I was going to make it, the only questions were how long and how much pain?

My chip time was 4:47:34, so it took me 2:32:24 to get from 13.1 to 26.2. I cannot complain about the result.

I can complain, however, about how I felt last night and still today. Very sore left knee and right ankle. Completely unable to go up or down stairs last night, and barely able to do so today. And of course, asleep by 9:30 last night.

I'm not sure it's the smartest thing I ever did, but I made it.

Craig

Sorry to hear you are in pain, hopefully you will feel much better tomorrow. I only did the 1/2 but was having trouble going up and down stairs yesterday. Today is going much better although I do get stiff when I have to sit for a while. Thanks for posting your time. I still think it is just amazing that you all did the 1/2 and the full back to back. Enjoy those medals.

Whooo--I did it! The marathon was awesome! It still seems a bit surreal that I even ran and that it is all over now. I really enjoyed myself for the majority of the run. My main goal was to finish and I did. My chip time is a touch over 5:30 which is pretty much where I expected to finish. DH and I were quite sore yesterday after the race. We got back to the hotel, showered and sat in bed and watched football the rest of the night. Probably fell asleep around 7 p.m.! I'm feeling good today though. Legs are still a little sore but nothing horrible.

Having now completed a full I'm not sure I'll do another. I really like half marathons though and hopefully will be able to complete many more. DH is already looking forward to next year.

Congrats everyone on participating and finishing!!!! What an awesome thing!

kelly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter