Marathon Expo- Wed. 1/8 in evening, or Thurs 1/9 in the am?

Violet Parr

DIS Veteran
We are working on our schedule for marathon weekend (running the half on Saturday.) I am wondering if there is any difference in merch availability between Wed. evening (maybe 6:30 pm?) and Thursday morning when the Expo opens.

This is our first Marathon weekend and the main things we want to get are 13.1 stickers and car decal and a Half Marathon pin. Possibly a cute t-shirt. We are not interested in shoes, etc.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

VP

I would go Wednesday evening but sadly due to ebayers even Wednesday evening may be too late. Thursday morning is going to have longer lines then Wednesday evening due to people who got in after the expo closed on Wednesday coming in.

Wow, I'm surprised by how fast things sell out. Our flight gets in at 2:25 on Wednesday. Depending on what time ME gets us to our resort, we might just run straight over to the Expo.

How long would you say it takes to go through it all if we are just doing bibs/shirts/pins/stickers?

Sorry to be such a newbie with all of these questions!

VP

around 1 hour at most - at most you have to wait a few minutes in line to get into the merchandise section and then a few minutes at checkout, but by afternoon their might not be much line at all. If you were there at 9am then it would be a different story. Same goes for the bibs/shirts - that's actually the quickest part because they have many windows and I've never had to wait more than a couple of minutes to get my stuff.

The car magnets are also the only thing I must buy at the expo at Run Disney races,in my experience usually getting there Friday most years and even a Saturday one year I've always been able to get my 26.2 or 39.3 magnets.The only race I've run that they were just gone and never to be restocked again was the Star Wars Darkside marathon weekend.Now that I live by the parks I'm going to try to be there on Wednesday morning to see if there's something cool that wouldn't make it to Friday.For the most part I'm not buying much as the prices are pretty high.One thing that amazed me was seeing the popular Darth Vader RUN shirts from the Star Wars race at the Vineland outlets last weekend at $10.95 where the regular price was $36.95 I believe.I thought race merchandise showed up at the outlets a couple of weeks after the race but its been like 5 months????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter