Marathon ChEAR Squad - Does Runner Need Package to Meet Us?

emory2001

Earning My Ears
My husband just registered for the 2016 WDW Marathon. I'm going to get ChEAR Squad Gold packages for myself and our 2 kids, for the reserved area at the Finish Line. I read somewhere that in order for our runner to meet us in the ChEAR Squad reserved area, the runner has to have a ChEAR Squad package too. How important is it that the runner be able to meet us in that reserved area? Or will it be easy for us to get out and go to where he is once he crosses the Finish Line, to avoid paying for an extra ChEAR Squad package for him?

I wonder if what you were reading was about the Retreat package? Platinum Chear gets access to the Retreat, and yes, if the runner wants to join you in the tent post-race they will need the Retreat. But not the Chear package.

I've never had anyone meet me after a Disney race other than TOT, so honestly I cannot remember where the meeting places are. But plenty of people see the finish of races without having a Chear package at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!