Map of Volcano Bay - Cabanas

thlarock

Earning My Ears
Does anyone have a map of Volcano Bay specifically where the Cabanas are at and their numbers??

Thanks - Tom

Me too! Since the guests are there waiting for their virtual line to open, maybe a hand drawn map could be made?

I didn't see any maps with the cabanas marked. They don't have paper maps at the park. They had some temporary signs up with maps on Sunday, and the app supposedly has a map. I don't think you will find the cabanas marked though. I didn't want to be creepy and stalk around the cabanas, so I didn't get any pictures with the cabana numbers or names.

Here's the map again, I went yesterday and walked around to look at the Cabanas a bit more. None of the satellite photos publicaly available are recent enough to make a good comparison, so the best I can do is describe it. I didn't write down names/numbers of the cabanas or take pictures, so it's all off memory. I didn't pay close enough attention to figure out which were the 16 person vs 6 person cabanas.

The best cabanas (in my opinion) were the handful of cabanas just to the right side of the wave pool and volcano. They had super easy access to the pool, kid areas, and lazy river and the "waterfall tunnel" through the volcano (It's worth walking through it just on its own.. there is some unfinished stuff in there for tapu tapu also) that leads to the ohno/ohyeah slides and "leisure pool" and the Kala & Tai serpentine slides, the cabanas are along this path. So it's a great spot to get to everything relatively quickly, and not adjacent to roadways. I do remember the cabana numbers being very low here, like 1-4 or so.

Middle of the road were the Cabanas in the top left corner of the map, adjacent to the Teawa Fearless river, it has a lot of access to rides, and not adjacent to the highway, but not quite as nice as the ones to the right of the wave pool.

The worst were the second floor ones along the "Strait of Huanui" below since these are the cabanas adjacent to the Kirkman/Universal i-4 westbound onramp. I could tell from the ohyeah slide stairs that the back view there is the on-ramp. Downstairs seemed a bit better, but still adjacent to the highway ramps. There was a thin patch of bamboo, and the park perimeter service road behind them in between the cabana and onramp.

The icon next to "Manu Sea" on the top of the map are the cabanas still under construction, they back up to the Wallace Rd./Turkey Lake Rd. Intersection, with only the park perimeter service road between them and the fence at the intersection. They'll probably be second worst to the ones along the "Strait of Hunui", but impossible to tell since that area isn't finished yet. It should have easy access to the kid area and lazy river and a few of the family tube rides there though. (The Honu ride there is pretty awesome)

upload_2017-5-31_9-50-10.jpeg

I did a rough superimpose over the google earth image for another idea, the sat photo is old (before the park or the new Cabana Bay towers were constructed) but it mostly matches up, considering it's an "artisit rendering" map, it's not 100% accurate.

vbaymap.jpg

Interestingly the area in the top left of the map with the head statues is likely where any new rides/cabanas will go. (Based on how oacked the park is now, they'll need the added space asap) Right now they are storing the construction equipment and support stuff there, which I assume they are using during the overnight to finish up parts that aren't quite done.

Last edited:

Thanks for doing that! We reserved a cabana in the Rainforest area, but I'm having a hard time telling where that is on the map. Anyone know?

Thanks for doing that! We reserved a cabana in the Rainforest area, but I'm having a hard time telling where that is on the map. Anyone know?

That's either the "strait" ones or the ones near the fearless river (Both are considered the rainforest area), although the cabanas near the river are going to be less noisy. Although I think the ones by the onramp are considered wave village, so I think you will get the ones by the "fearless river" which are pretty good.

This map has the areas sectioned by the area:

vbmap-jpg.239119

I will say if you do wind up in the ones along the onramp and the noise seems pretty bad, its worth the trip to guest services (next to the park entrance on both sides of the gate) *politely* mention it, you may get a full or partial refund or at the very least comp passes or gift cards. They rushed parts of the park and it shows, the Cabanas are a bit too expensive for that to pass (IMHO). The more folks do that the quicker the issues will likely be solved, and even in the locations those cabanas are in there are some things they could do to dramatically reduce the problem. Walls, vegetation, or other creative ways. Just don't take it out on the folks working at guest services.

Last edited:
atricks this is fantastic, thank you so much!!

There are only two 16-person cabanas and they are both located in River Village. So I'm guessing they are either the really nice ones you mentioned, or they're the ones in the back next to Manu Sea that are still under construction.

This is a picture of one set of cabanas along the "strait", i found it looking online and recognized it. Hard to tell, but the onramp is behind it. i'm not 100% positive but I think it's the one next to OhYeah and OhNo and the leisure pool. They have little chalkboards by the entrance with the names and a number.

upload_2017-5-31_12-20-0.jpeg

Hi thank you atricks for the information. We have a wave pool cabana reserved and believe this will be the area. I am disappointed to hear about what they didn't do to help obscure noise and visual things from I-4 ramp. I am looking at the picture and I can see the skimpy vegetation behind it. I am hoping that they will fill in more or do something to help that.

I also hope more of our disers will post back about cabana stays to get a better feel of them.

Hi I just called to find out cabana availability for one of my days in August and they told me they are not selling cabanas on line anymore. It is in person the day that you go. I am wondering if they think the construction of any more cabanas will be finished.

Hi I just checked out on twitter #volcanobay and user Dis Downlow is reporting that you can only be in one line at a time. They have pulled Krakatau and another ride at the same time. He also tweeted that associates are saying it is helping some lines. I was wondering if anybody there can confirm this. It sounds like they are trying a lot of different things to get this on the right track.

Hello. I have a question. My cabana reservation for August 2018 states: cabana: river/single. The customer service rep. told me single means single standing cabana as in no cabana above us. I understand that much. Can someone explain the possible location of our cabana? I have looked at some maps of the park but can't pinpoint the areas as one area of cabanas look like they are right on the edge of river village and wave village. Thanks for any help anyone can give.

Hello. I have a question. My cabana reservation for August 2018 states: cabana: river/single. The customer service rep. told me single means single standing cabana as in no cabana above us. I understand that much. Can someone explain the possible location of our cabana? I have looked at some maps of the park but can't pinpoint the areas as one area of cabanas look like they are right on the edge of river village and wave village. Thanks for any help anyone can give.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/volcano-bay-info-and-question-thread.3608057/page-34

Hi if you go to this link and scroll down the page you will see I posted a few maps with different locations of cabanas. I believe the river village is in my third map post on the page. I gave a little description. Also by the lazy river along the back wall there were some more cabanas they were working on. I believe they are part of the river village.

Enjoy the cabana.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/volcano-bay-info-and-question-thread.3608057/page-34

Hi if you go to this link and scroll down the page you will see I posted a few maps with different locations of cabanas. I believe the river village is in my third map post on the page. I gave a little description. Also by the lazy river along the back wall there were some more cabanas they were working on. I believe they are part of the river village.

Enjoy the cabana.
Thanks so much for the information! I will check out your posted maps. Thanks again.

The Orange county property appraiser website has an aerial shot from this January (one of the days it was crazy cold and they closed the park) https://maps.ocpafl.org/webmapjs/ Click on "Base map" and choose Aerial 2018

They are actually in the process of building a few more cabanas right now, although I think 2 of the new ones near the stores are just shelters. There's some new ones being built by the entrance to the fearless river, and along the volcano next to the OhNo and OhYeah slides. You can't see them in this photo though since they are even newer than it.

I went out there for the first time since early October this past Sunday (after the rain quit in the late afternoon) and the park is in MUCH better shape than that time. (It was a very quiet day too, since the rain sacred off most, got 3 rides on the aquacoaster without a wait, and finally went on one of the serpentine slides since they raised the weight limit to 270. (Feels like a ride in a Washing machine)

VBay.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter