Mandymouse's Pop'ping, Dream'ing with a touch of Pink Trippy (COMPLETE)

We also had a great time in Señor Frogs.........but I don't reckon our bar tab was as big! :rotfl:

Aren't those bar stools cool :thumbsup2

Saturday 10th September, '11

When we woke this morning, the Dream had already arrived at Castaway Cay and surprisingly we all felt remarkably well after our antics from the day before :blush: We grabbed some breakfast in Cabanas, then Paul and I headed down to the island and the kids followed 1/2 an hour later

It was a lovely hot morning, and we took a slow stroll down taking photos a long the way

DSC_1310.jpg

DSCN4336.jpg

DSCN4335.jpg

DSC_1319.jpg

DSC_1328.jpg

DSC_1332.jpg

DSC_1336.jpg

The kids caught up with us, so we took the tram down to Serenity Bay

DSC_1341.jpg

DSC_1371.jpg

We enjoyed a lovely couple of hours sitting on our chairs in the sea, and around 12ish we grabbed some food, the cheeseburgers and potato salad were particularly delish

DSC_1412.jpg

DSCN4345.jpg

DSCN4350.jpg

DSC_1417.jpg

DSCN4339.jpg

DSCN4340.jpg

After lunch the kids went back to the ship, as they wanted to ride AquaDuck while it was quiet. So Paul & I grabbed a Konk Kooler and Heineken at the Castaway Air Bar. We stayed at Serenity Bay for another hour then took the tram back to the Family Beach

DSCN4351.jpg

DSC_1339.jpg

DSC_1423.jpg

After a Bahama Mama each at the Conched Out Bar we caught the tram back to the ship. Paul wanted to have a go on the AquaDuck too, so he lined up for about 15 minutes, but then there was a long delay as someone had fallen off the rubber ring and had gone down the chute on their back (ouch !), so he gave up and we went back to the room to start packing

We went up on top deck to watch the sailaway at 5pm, but there was an annoucement that the Coastguard helicopter would be taking part in an exercise, so we watched the mock medical emergency from Deck 4

DSC_1472.jpg

DSC_1493.jpg

DSC_1496.jpg

DSC_1503.jpg

DSC_1508.jpg

Once the exercise was over, the Dream left Castaway Cay

DSC_1516.jpg

Tonight dinner was at Enchanted Garden. As Paul & I had a reservation at Palo later in the evening, we decided to join the kids for a while and take some photos

DSCN4367.jpg

DSCN4369.jpg

DSCN4373.jpg

DSCN4374.jpg

DSCN4371.jpg

DSCN4370.jpg

The kids ordered some lovely looking dishes, and Paul & I enjoyed a cocktail. Our serving team were brilliant, after dinner Becky once again ordered a Mickey Bar :rotfl: and Kerry and Bex had asked if they could have dessert from the other restauarants that they had enjoyed earlier in the cruise, and sure enough they got them, nothing was too much trouble for our servers, they were great. We handed out our tip evelopes and thanked the servers for looking after us

DSCN4380.jpg

DSC_1530.jpg

DSCN4377.jpg

DSCN4376.jpg

DSCN4375.jpg

DSCN4381.jpg

Paul & I ventured up to the Meridian Lounge for a pre-dinner glass of Rosa Regale and Heinekin, then we were called into Palo

DSCN4383.jpg

DSCN4385.jpg

DSCN4387.jpg

DSCN4388.jpg

We had a lovely meal here which started with breads and anti pasti which we could choose from a trolley brought to the table. For our starter Paul had tuna capaccio and I had mozzerella and tomato. For our mains I had a chicken dish and Paul had the Palo Beef Tenderloin, and our server brought out a dish of beef ravioli, it was all delicious

After enjoying the lemon vodka doo-dah, I finished off with Tiramisu and Paul had Panna Cotta

It was a lovely meal, which was only slightly ruined by a rather loud woman a couple of tables away who happened to know everything and just had to share her opinions on everything (lol)

After dinner we got changed, finished our packing and had the luggage outside our room for 10.30pm

We went to see the Farewell show in the atrium, where I realised that I hadn't seen Stitch once on this cruise (what's that all about ????), then we had one final cosmo in the Skyline Lounge

DSC_1564.jpg

DSC_1571.jpg

DSC_1578.jpg

DSC_1594.jpg

... to follow, Paul's pics from wandering around the ship during the night

Amazing! Those night-time photos are just wonderful! :goodvibes It's hard to believe the ship actually sails, with all that detail on-board, I bet it weighs some that ship! :scared1:

A great last day....Castaway Cay......my best day of the whole holiday
The Dream is a fantastic ship.

another great day
love all the night photos Paul

did u feel castaway cay was busier with the larger ship ?

:flower3: Thanks for your lovely comments everyone

another great day
love all the night photos Paul

did u feel castaway cay was busier with the larger ship ?

To be honest Jackie, it didn't feel much busier on Serenity Bay, though I'm sure the family beach was, but we didn't really notice it ::yes::

Fabulous photos! Well how did you find the Dream compared to the smaller ships? Love all the dresses :goodvibes:goodvibes

The Dream was lovely Sarah, nice and fresh and the adult areas were fab ::yes:: Paul was just happy to be on a Disney cruise, but for me the Dream isn't 'home' like the Wonder or Magic :thumbsup2

Sunday 11th September, '11

This morning none of us wanted to get off and leave the ship. An announcement was made at 7.30am to say that the ship had been cleared by customs and that we could disembark

DSCN4390-1.jpg

We weren't in any hurry to get off, so we went to get some breakfast at Cabanas. We disembarked around 8.30am (we sadly couldn't put off the inevitable :() and in no time we were driving away from Port Canaveral

An hour later we arrived back at the Pop Century. We unpacked and decided to just chill by the pool and I got on with some washing

Around 12ish we got back in the car and drove off to the Florida Mall. The kids did a bit of shopping and afterwards we called in at Best Buy and WalMart

Around 5pm me & Paul caught the bus to Epcot (the kids were heading to DHS then the Magic Kingdom for evening EMH's)

It was a very warm and sticky evening as we wandered up to World Showcase. I had a photo taken with Duffy Bear, then we took a boat across the lagoon to Morocco

DSC_1835.jpg

DSC_1837.jpg

DSC_1838.jpg

We enjoyed a Kir Royale and Kronenberg in France, then a Rosa Regale and Moretti in Italy, then finished off with a Liebfraumilch each in Germany. We then had a delicious piece of chocolate caramel in the Karamell shop, though it was a bit sickly by the 3rd or 4th bite ;)

DSCN4392.jpg

DSCN4393.jpg

DSCN4395.jpg

DSCN4394.jpg

DSCN4397.jpg

DSC_1854.jpg

DSC_1850.jpg

DSC_1865.jpg

DSC_1909.jpg

DSC_1962.jpg

DSC_1971.jpg

We had a jaunt through MouseGear, then caught the bus back to the Pop, where we had a Captain Mai Tai and shared a veggie lasagne before heading back to our room

Monday 12th September, '11

We had a bit of a lie in today (yay !) and we were all ready and meeting outside our rooms at 9.20am. We got in the car and drove to The Polynesian Resort as we had an ADR for breakfast with Lilo & Stitch

DSCN4399.jpg

DSCN4400.jpg

DSCN4401.jpg

I checked in and received a pager, then we were given leis. We didn't bother with the photo as we knew we wouldn't buy it, and within a few minutes we were shown to our table which had a lovely view across the lagoon of Cinderella's Castle

DSC_1987.jpg

DSCN4402.jpg

DSCN4403.jpg

DSCN4404.jpg

The food as ever was delicious. We started with fruit and some breads (the pineapple bread was lovely), and as none of us were drinking coffee, our server kept the yummy orange/pommegranate juice flowing

We all enjoyed several skillets of bacon, sausages, scrambled eggs, potato wedges, sconey things and Mickey waffles

Next the characters came round and we had lots of photos taken with Stitch, Lilo, Mickey and Pluto. We all really enjoyed our meal, and Kerry & Bex paid for me and Paul as a 'thank you' (thanks girls, that was very sweet of you :hug:)

DSC_1989.jpg

DSC_1992.jpg

DSC_1995.jpg

DSC_1998.jpg

DSC_2004.jpg

DSC_2009.jpg

DSC_2011.jpg

DSCN4405.jpg

DSCN4406.jpg

Once back at the Pop, Paul & I sat for an hour by the pool and the kids went off to DownTown Disney

Once showered Paul & I went to Disney Hollywood Studios to watch the Pixar's Pals Countdown to Fun parade

We got into DHS around 2.30pm and we got a FP for Tower of Terror. We enjoyed some cookie dough ice-cream, then we went to find a spot to watch the parade. It was sooooooo hot, and I was relieved that it was such a short parade

DSC_2027.jpg

DSC_2035.jpg

Ooh look, there's me filming across the way ;)

DSC_2037.jpg

DSC_2046.jpg

DSC_2048.jpg

DSC_2050.jpg

DSC_2054.jpg

DSC_2056.jpg

DSC_2064.jpg

DSC_2067.jpg

DSC_2068.jpg

DSC_2071.jpg

DSC_2075.jpg

DSC_2076.jpg

Afterwards we went to see Mr & Mrs Incredible, then we rode ToT, and as RnRC didn't have a line outside, we rode that too

DSCN4409.jpg

DSC_2079.jpg

DSC_2081.jpg

We left around 5ish, so we could chill in our room for a while, then get some dinner in the food court

Later in the evening we headed back to DHS as we were hoping to run into our friends Sandy & Tori who had arrived in WDW a few hours beforehand

The kids had gone to see Fantasmic, so Paul & I got a FP for ToT, then we went to ride Star Tours. Next we rode ToT, and as we exited the ride, Fantasmic was emptying out. We sat watching the crowd and enjoyed another ice-cream while waiting for the girls to get in touch with us

DSC_2093.jpg

DSC_2115.jpg

DSCN4410.jpg

When they called they were in the line for Star Tours, so we went to catch up with them. We were looking around the Star Tours shop when Sandy & Tori came over, and after a little chat we went to line up for Toy Story Midway Mania. It was lovely to see our friends again, but we couldn't stay for long as we all had an early start and we had already planned to meet up later in the week

We all left DHS, and got back to the Pop around 11pm

Another great report Mandy. I can't wait to try the ohanas brekkie in Feb. your pics are fab :)

Great updates Mandy..

Was just saying that we'll have to try 'Ohana breakfast. Lovely photos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter