Manatees

Finkerfell

Mouseketeer
Hi ! I was looking at the Sea World map and cannot find a viewing area for them. Can anyone who has been there tell me if they have manatees here, and where thee would be?

thanks!

Hi

The manatees are located in the new Turtle Trek attraction. :thumbsup2

Yes and no. You can view the manatees underwater while waiting for Turtle Trek. But you can also view the manatees above ground without having to wait for Turtle trek.

You can also book a behind the scenes tour to see recently rescued manatees.

Thanks! Are there lots of them? I mean, Disney has two and my daughter loves them, so I wonder if a special trip to Sea World is warranted for them??

Thanks! Are there lots of them? I mean, Disney has two and my daughter loves them, so I wonder if a special trip to Sea World is warranted for them??

I am a big manatee fan, so I would say yes! Often in the morning you can watch the manatees get fed. They have a great manatee gift shop. As I mentioned in my other post, we just went on the rescue tour and got to see the recently rescued manatees-it was awesome to see them just floating around. The educator we had told us lots of interesting facts about the manatees and how they care for them.

Even if you don't book the tour, there will be an educator near the manatee viewing that can answer lots of questions.

Yeah, on the map, that other "pond" near the turtles, right above where it says 'TurtleTrek' should be the manatees and the sea turtles if I recall correctly. I think there are 4 (maybe 3, but I think 4) out in the normal exhibit. It's fun to watch them eat the spinach that the staff gives them. They are like gigantic Hoovers. One minute it's there, the next it's gone. :) (And I say that affectionately, not making fun of them.) There are also a few back behind the scenes who are rescues who still need special care, I believe.

I think your daughter would enjoy herself if you decide to go. Have fun!

Just back and toured the new turtle trek attraction. It took longer than I had expected to segue thru it due to long line mid afternoon on a Tuesday. My favorite part was the manatee's new home...lots of room for them (all females btw) to live.

OP not sure how old your DD is but if she's a big manatee fan you might want to consider a side trip to crystal river area where you can make reservations with tour companies and actually snorkle with them!:thumbsup2yes, I am a manatee fan!

We went Thanksgiving Friday and Saturday 2010 and I almost cried at how run-down the manatee area was. So glad to hear there's a new area.

When we went in 1996, the manatees was such a popular area, they had to regulate how many people could enter at a time. I cried then because of the stories of all their injuries. Then about 15 years later, almost no one was seeing them. I cried then because it seemed no one cared any more.

We went Thanksgiving Friday and Saturday 2010 and I almost cried at how run-down the manatee area was. So glad to hear there's a new area.

When we went in 1996, the manatees was such a popular area, they had to regulate how many people could enter at a time. I cried then because of the stories of all their injuries. Then about 15 years later, almost no one was seeing them. I cried then because it seemed no one cared any more.

Not sure what you mean about the area. I will say that Turtle Trek just opened April 27. Personally I preferred the manatee area before, it was rather nice to be able to enjoy the manatees for as long as I liked (in a/c). Now you are forced to to wait with lots of other people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter