Man tasered and arrested at MK dessert party.

How do you know it was shoplifting? With millions attending Disney parks don't think for a minute you aren't walking among hardened criminals every day or that major crimes don't occur in the happiest place on earth ......... yes murderers, rapists, drug dealers, gang members attend WDW too ... just sayin.

The "happiest place on Earth" is Disneyland, not WDW.

If your asking do tasers reduce the incidents of deadly force, the answer is yes. I don't care what exact warning the police give. If you're confronted by the cops and your first response isn't "yes sir" then you have whatever your about to get coming to you. Even if you think your right just do what you're told and address it later. I would be more inclined to comply if the cops did yell "stop taser."

Ah, a Constitutional scholar.

If your asking do tasers reduce the incidents of deadly force, the answer is yes. I don't care what exact warning the police give. If you're confronted by the cops and your first response isn't "yes sir" then you have whatever your about to get coming to you. Even if you think your right just do what you're told and address it later. I would be more inclined to comply if the cops did yell "stop taser."

America is a scary place. And everyone has high powered firearms. Yikes.

I was staying at ASM back in 2002. It was just after midnight when a fight broke out at the pool just outside our room. There were about 3 or 4 teens naked and beating each other up. Chairs were thrown, blood was everywhere. I called the front desk and told them what was happening. A CM came out and tried to diffuse the situation but relaized quickly it was way out of control. In a very short period of time police arrived in full riot gear and they had rifles drawn. Officers surrounded the teens and were even on the balconies of the building.( i could see them from my ground level room) The teens were quickly taken in handcuffs and I was out the door with my DD right after they were out of site. The CM was asking us to go back to the room but we were done. When we returned a representative called us and refunded a part of our stay. It never made the news or papers that I know of. Bad things happen at Disney but they have a way of keeping things out of the news.

Why did you decide to leave? Those kids were never going to get back on Disney property.

Why did you decide to leave? Those kids were never going to get back on Disney property.
I left due to the fact that my daughter was freaked out. She saw and heard things that are can be very scary for a young child. It was violent and chaotic in what she considered a fun happy place.

I feel like if your was was what happened security within Disney would have handled it not the sherrif. But we will never know.

There are sheriff deputies at MK, including a K-9 unit. We saw them everytime we went a few weeks ago. And they had the dog out when we went in in the evenings.

Wow I've never heard of something like this happening at Disney, but I'm sure the officers tried to do their best to contain the situation. I'm just curious, like the rest of you, about what he did.

Plenty of stuff get reported about illegal activities at Disney World or with CM's. Just a quick search shows a man arrested for trying to bring a gun in, a woman arrested for having CBD oil, man who worked these caught stealing, and selling items, another worker caught luring kids to meet them, all this in the last month. People love reading about Disney and some really silly things get reported, like the woman suing about a bird attack. It all gets reported all over.

I mean, if Disney was all powerful and able to control the media, they would stop all these reports, not just one, and I can't find any report of it online. Leads me to think this didn't happen as OP thinks and was not a big deal. Maybe not even a taser, just someone said there was one.

At a local mall a few months ago, where a small fight broke out, a metal chair fell, and everyone thought it was a gun, people were running out and the police came in as it was an active shooter situation. Turns out two people shoved each other a few times and one threw chair. Nobody was even charged.

Plenty of stuff get reported about illegal activities at Disney World or with CM's. Just a quick search shows a man arrested for trying to bring a gun in, a woman arrested for having CBD oil, man who worked these caught stealing, and selling items, another worker caught luring kids to meet them, all this in the last month. People love reading about Disney and some really silly things get reported, like the woman suing about a bird attack. It all gets reported all over.

I mean, if Disney was all powerful and able to control the media, they would stop all these reports, not just one, and I can't find any report of it online. Leads me to think this didn't happen as OP thinks and was not a big deal. Maybe not even a taser, just someone said there was one.

At a local mall a few months ago, where a small fight broke out, a metal chair fell, and everyone thought it was a gun, people were running out and the police came in as it was an active shooter situation. Turns out two people shoved each other a few times and one threw chair. Nobody was even charged.

I guarantee you there is plenty that happens at WDW that never gets reported by news outlets, including crime. Many of the items you mentioned got reported because of unsealed court cases or police reports. And some of them happened awhile ago, it's just the police report or court case has just been made public.

I really doubt WDW hands over all the personal information of every guest to the Police, just in case there is someone with a warrant.

Not every guest, but guests they are looking for.

If police knew he was at Disney, they can easily find out exactly where he is on property. You are even giving your fingerprints to Disney! There is no hiding there.

I once read a story here on Dis from a guy who had his cell phone stolen at the resort pool. He was able to track his phone on his wife's phone and saw it was at the ferry launch. He ran down there and was able to find the person as it pinged across the lagoon to the MK.

Maybe this guest stole some things at Disney that were tracked and found in his room. Disney then knows who it is and where he can be found.

Last edited:
Are you kidding? Magic Bands track more than ankle monitors!!!!
Magic bands (as far as I know) don't track your location. BUT they are linked to your My Disney account which has your personal info (credit cards, address, etc). And they can track you by what you're doing (scanning your band for a photopass photo) but they don't know where you are exactly.

Is anyone else suspicious that this alleged incident has not been in the news or a video has not surfaced on YouTube? Someone sneezes loud in the library and it is on YouTube in 10 minutes. A dude getting the taser treatment at the MK with people diving under tables to save themselves from certain death gets 0 mentions in the news or on social media? :confused3
Right???There were live tweets when the poor boy was killed by the alligator in 2016...

Magic bands (as far as I know) don't track your location. BUT they are linked to your My Disney account which has your personal info (credit cards, address, etc). And they can track you by what you're doing (scanning your band for a photopass photo) but they don't know where you are exactly.

All of your reservations are tied to the bands. They know if you checked in for the dessert party, FP attractions, inside which park etc.... Do they know exactly where you are when your on a random ride? No, but they know which park you are in. And like this guy who had a dessert party reservation, they knew.

I would imagine that WDW receives information on people wanted for serious crimes and if those names pop on a reservation they can notify the appropriate agency that the person can be found at a certain location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter